Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 The Drama of Shakespeare School-Part 2
contributor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:51 am
Part 2

INT-HALLWAY-DAY

HELEN brushes past hoards of kids, a massive pile of posters in her arms. She arrives at a promising piece of wall and drops all but one of the posters to her feet.

She presses the poster onto the ugly colored wall and smoothes the scotch tape into place.

HELEN stands back a moment to admire her work.

The poster reads

HER LIFE IN PICTURES: AND ORIGIONAL MUSICAL BY HELEN CLOST
AUDITIONS AFTER SCHOOL SEPTEMBER 15th
AUDITORIUM

Helen smiles and picks up her posters. As she is about to turn around she suddenly bumps into a red haired BOY that had been standing behind her.

The posters fly out of her hands as the hallways clear for first period.
Both HELEN and BOY drop to their knees to pick up the poster.

BOY/DAVID
(genuine)
God! I’m so sorry. Are you all right?

HELEN
(annoyed)
Could be better, I don’t generally like being late for homeroom.

BOY/DAVID
(guilty)
I really didn’t mean it! I was just trying to…I mean, I was looking at your poster

HELEN pauses.

HELEN
(surprised but pleased)
Seriously? I was beginning to think that these things turned invisible once I put them up.

BOY smiles

BOY/DAVID
Nope. But I feel the same way; I’m Student President of the art club. And, so far, it only has three members.

HELEN
So that’s where I’ve seen you! You were at the open house booth right behind mine right?

BOY/DAVID
Yes, and you were the one running three booths at a time. Drama club, Novelists Club, and…

HELEN
(Bitterly)
Scriptwriters group.

BOY and HELEN both stand up with piles of posters. BOY hands Helen his pile and they both begin to walk.

HELEN
Well, your still beating all of my groups in membership…combined.

BOY laughs.

BOY/DAVID
(Slightly sarcastic)
Let me guess, you’re the founding and sole member of them all?

HELEN
I usually am.

BOY and HELEN both stand up with piles of posters. BOY hands Helen his pile and they both begin to walk.

DAVID
I’m David, by the way.

HELEN
Helen. Nice to meet you David By The Way.

DAVID
(Sarcastic)
Hysterical.

HELEN
As always.

HELEN glances at another one of her posters, with an empty sign-up sheet under it.

HELEN
Why do you think we can never get anyone to join clubs that matter David?

BOY gestures to a sparkly red-and-green poster with a sign up sheet filled out completely. It reads
CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS
SEPTEMBER 15th

HELEN
Ah.

DAVID
(shyly)
You know, once I get art club together, and you get your drama club together, we could help each other out.

HELEN
(excitedly)
Do you act?!

David looks at his shoes and pushes at his glasses nervously

DAVID
(nervously)
Uh…no…I…

HELEN
Stage fright?

DAVID
Nods

HELEN sighs.

DAVID
But, I’d be happy to help with sets, and anything else you guys need…as long as I don’t have to…

HELEN
Go on stage.

DAVID
Yes.

HELEN
Well, if I can hunt down enough actors to make a cast…I’ll call you.

DAVIDS smile gets all huge, he looks like he wants to say something important but all that comes out is.

DAVID
Good luck Helen

HELEN
You too.

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team