Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  

Your Opinion
Good 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Needs work 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3
 The Ghost World (WIP Title)~ Prologue~
new

Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:23 am

This is just a authors note, I am very young. I mean like middle school young. not 13, younger. I won't say because I get scared easily. Me and My friend, Mia, worked on this together. I might post Mia's chapters, but for now, these are chapters I wrote. I need some advice, so please leave some!

0o0o0

THIS PROLOGUE IS BASED OFF THE MELANIE MARTINEZ SONG "MILK AND COOKIES" CHECK THAT OUT.

0o0o0

Calvin wandered down his long stairway that led to his basement. When he got to his base, he went to his pantry which was located down there. He looked through his pantry, and finally found what he was looking for. He grabbed the Power Ade he wanted. He ran back upstairs and grabbed his car keys he had on his table. He ran down his hall that led to his front door and ran out the door. He jumped into his car and drove off while "Ice Ice Baby" played.

0o0o0

Calvin arrived at his brother Jonny's house. He saw Jon standing on his porch with an evil grin plastered upon his face. Calvin came to visit because two days before, Jon had gotten into a car crash. Little did Calvin know, Jon was insane. Jon had purposely killed his wife and 13-year-old son. Chloey and Timmy. Calvin ran over to his brother and hugged him tightly. Jon thought over about the car crash as tears filled his eyes. Jon felt the tears coming up. Suddenly, they streamed down his face. Calvin let go and looked at Jon. He handed him some Power Ade. Jon wiped his tears off his face and smiled broadly. "I have a surprise for you, brother!" Jon announced. Calvin nodded profusely. "What is it?" He asked. "Follow me," Jon said evilly. Jon opened his front door and motioned Calvin to come in. They both shuffled into. Calvin sniffed the aroma. "Cookies!" He exclaimed. "Yes, brother!" Jon chortled. Calvin ran to the coffee table located next to Jon's kitchen. He sat down. Jon dashed to the oven and took out cookies. Jon let out a strange laugh. Jon let out a strange laugh. Calvin slumped down into his chair timidly. I'm going to die he thought. Jon brought over cookies to him on a platter. Little did Calvin know, Jon poisoned his cookies. Jon then grabbed a glass of milk and gave it to him. He grabbed a cookie and ate it. 5 minutes later, he felt dizzy and sorta tipsy though he didn't drink. "WHAT THE HECK WERE IN THOSE MILK AND COOKIES?!" Calvin yelled. He fell to the ground and passed out. Darkness took him over. "A little bit of sugar, but lots of poison too," Jon mumbled before dragging Calvin's body outside. 

0o0o0

There are no ghosts yet.  please leave advice for me to get better.

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team