General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 The Giver by Lois Lowry
new

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 pm
My class is reading the Giver for read-aloud. I love this book! It is about a community where they are all color-blind. Everything is in sameness, which means everything is just about the same. Then, this kid Jonas comes around who is an Eleven. He will be a Twelve in December (Elevens, Twelves, Thirteens, they're their ages). He is apprehensive to see what job description he will get. We are almost finished the book! I love it, though! It was a great book, and there are four of them in the series. I hope to read at least the sequel! So, who else out there has read the Giver? What was your favorite part??

Re: The Giver by Lois Lowry
new

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:35 am
This is a really late response, but I saw The Giver and got excited. I absolutely adore that book! The concept is so well written, and actually pretty terrifying. My favourite part is either when the reader first realizes that the whole community is colourblind or the end. :D

Wed May 08, 2013 11:08 pm
I read The Giver. I don't have a favorite part. I thought the whole book was great.

new

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:25 am
my teacher really want me to read this book. so other people say it's a really good book should I read it?

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team