Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 The Guys in An Airplane
rookie_visitor

Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:59 am
The Guys in An Airplane        

On Tuesday, at an airport, maybe even the one in the town you live in, three men and one 14 year old boarded a small aircraft to take them to the Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony. The first man was the pilot, who had to be there or the plane would go nowhere. The second was the Smartest Man in the World, or so he thought, and since he was the smartest, everyone believed him. The third man was the Oldest Priest in the World, and he was going to Haiti to help out after the award ceremony. The 14 year old was nobody special, just an average, wimpy boy who happened to get lucky and win a sweepstakes for this ride. He had his backpack slung over his shoulder and tossed it over where the parachutes were.
        They sat down, the plane got clearance to leave, and it took off. Maybe 15 minutes later the pilot came out of the cockpit. "The plane is going down." He said in his gravelly voice, looking rather disheveled in his jeans and rumpled red t-shirt. "There are two more parachutes. Decide amongst yourselves who gets them." And The pilot leaped out of the plane. The Smartest Man in the World stood up and announced in his arrogant, pompus voice with his nose in the air (he had NO friends) "I am too important for the world to lose." and he grabs one and leaps out. Now the priest turns to the 14 year old, and says in a solemn voice, "Now son, I have lived a full, long life and you have your whole life ahead of you. I want you to take this last parachute." The boy replies in a cracking voice, "I appreciate that, but it's okay. You will make it to Haiti, you know unless something happens, other than this, to you. You know that smart guy and how he said he was too important for the world to lose?" The priest gave him a strange look and nodded. The boy continued. "Yeah. He took my backpack." This (i don't know how he managed this) was said with a perfectly straight face. The priest looked ober where the parachutes were, his mouth crinkled into a smile and then they both started laughing hysterically. When the priest had caught his breath, he said, "That's good. I didn't really want to die yet, and if we don't get a move on we will anyway!" So they both grabbed parachutes and jumped out.

Message Edited by _purplepancakes98_ on 08-14-2010 11:04 PM

Re: The Guys in An Airplane

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:23 am
dat t'was funny!!!:smileytongue:

visitor

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 pm
ONE OF THE FUNNIEST THINGS IVE EVER READ!

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:01 pm
LOL THAT IS SO FUNNY. ONE OF THE FUNNIEST IVE EVER READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frequent_vsitor

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:05 pm

laugh

When the ordinary boy put his backpack where the parachutes went I kinda new where that was going, lol! 

visitor

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:37 am

XD THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!!! I'm fighting the urge to laugh out loud because my Aunt is right behind me, sleeping in the recliner... (UH-OH!!! *pause in snoring*....... *snoring continues* Oh. Okay.), sooo..... AWESOME!!! XD!!!

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team