Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 The Hunger Games Movie Becoming As Anticipated as Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows.
frequent_vsitor

Fri May 13, 2011 7:58 pm
"With more than 60,000 "likes" on Facebook, 24,000 followers on Twitter, and web hits by the tens of millions, The Hunger Games isn't so much a movie as a mammoth marketing machine lubricated with the sweat of overheated fans."~The Vancouver Sun (copyright Postmedia News)

"When...Jennifer Lawrence won the role of Katniss Everdeen — dubbed "the most important female character in recent pop culture history" by The Atlantic — reception was so blistering the director issued a public statement assuring fans that author Suzanne Collins' had given the actress her blessing."
~The Vancouver Sun (copyright Postmedia News)

I myself am an avid checker of websites and blogs for news on the THG movie. I am literally on the edge of my seat, waiting in anticipation for March 23rd, 2012. Of course,  am not alone. Millions of jabberjays around the world have been looking forward to this movie. And if that still didn't do it, when Winter Bone's Jennifer Lawrence was cast as Katniss Everdeen, one of the most admired and important female protagonists in the history of worldwide literature, the uproar it caused was enough to convince any nay-sayer that The Hunger Games-and it's dedicated fans-are no force to be reckoned with.

"The Hunger Games is based on Collins' eponymous young adult novel in which teenagers are forced to fight to the death on live TV, to appease their sadistic government." ~ Suzanne Collins Interview "Planning the Trilogy"-Scholastic Canada

For those of you who don't know, The Hunger Games is a trilogy written by American television writer and author Suzanne Collins. The first book in the trilogy, The Hunger Games, was released in 2008 and is what the movie is based on. The trilogy was based on the Greek myth Theseus and the Minotaur and Collins' own experience with poverty, starvation, and the effects of war.

"Peeta accompanies heroine Katniss Everdeen into the 74th annual Hunger Games as the male tribute chosen from their native District 12, the most remote and marginalized district of all the subjugated districts of Panem. At the outset of the Games, Peeta publicly confesses his longtime feelings for Katniss, setting up one of the most fascinating fictional rapports of all time with his supposed arena rival."~TheHungerGamesMovie.org

In all honesty, I wasn't too thrilled at the news of the castings for Katniss's two favorite guys. It wasn't the people, mostly it was what part they were cast as. "How hard would it be to cast the blonde dude as Peeta and the brunette dude as Gale?" says 11-year-old Areej K. on the casting of Liam Hemsworth, who was cast as Gale Hawthorne, and Josh Hutcherson, who was cast as Peeta Mellark. Hemsworth, with blonde hair, seemed to fit Peeta's description better than Hutcherson, and vice versa. Although not as strong as when Lawrence was cast, the questioning fans were still puzzled at the people casted.

Filming begins next week.

The movie is scheduled to start filming May 18/19, 2011 in Henry River Mill, North Carolina. The movie, which is aiming at a PG-13 rating, will be released into theaters on March 23rd, 2012.

Re: The Hunger Games Movie Becoming As Anticipated as Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows.
frequent_contributor

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 pm
Well written! I sort of agreed on the hair color for the dudes part - although Josh's face seems more Peeta-like to me than Liam's, so...
Music is love in search of a Word.
Kira

Re: The Hunger Games Movie Becoming As Anticipated as Harry
new

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:53 am

I agree about the Liam and Josh but I must say that Liam is more fit for Gale's part and Josh for Peeta's and after watching the previews for the Hunger Games movie and reading all three books I have to say one of Peeta's lines that josh says he says it with the exact emotion and expression that I imagined when I read the book.

new

Fri May 25, 2012 9:12 pm
I watched this movie as soon as it came out but before I read all 3 of the books twice... Do you think they'll make a movie for all 3 of the books? I think Cato is adorable and should play Peta's part.. What's you're option?

new

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 am
I agree with some of the people who commented. Other wise than the hair Josh is perfect for his role and Liam is perfect for his role. Although, I like Josh more.

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team