Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 23 posts ] Average score:  
 The Ice Enchantress's Plot chap 1
frequent_contributor

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 am

Serisk

On the opposite side of Tetolsa from the Door, a dark place called the Snowlands existed, created almost thirteen years past from the power of one whom all feared. Here, there was no such thing as faith, as love, as joy. Evil pierced the land through to the core, polluting the sky with the storms and darkness. A silver castle made of unmeltable ice stood in the very center, and from here, now, laughter rang out. Just as the land was unnatural and evil, the laughter did not stem from any normal cause. This was a malicious laugh, a sound so tearing it could come only from the frostiest heart.

In fact, the one who was laughing was also the one who had created the Snowlands from what once was a beautiful place, and this person sat, now, within the throne room of the castle. This room was bleak and shimmering, like every other in the castle. It had a huge mirror and a throne carved from navy blue ice. The room was full of so many ice statues, you could hardly walk through it. The statues weren’t for decoration. They were real animals and people that had been frozen out of anger, frozen through the immense power of the woman on top of the throne.

This woman’s name was Serisk, but few called her that. The people living across the land of Tetolsa knew her only as the Ice Enchantress. She had silvery blonde hair that ran down her back, to her narrow waist, cold gray eyes, and a pale, narrow face. Even her lips flushed at a shade that was pink only in theory. Serisk was like the ice that she had the power to control, but, although she had great power, she hadn’t yet succeeded in becoming Queen. She could have taken over, and the entire country knew it. She already ruled the land by fear. It would only take one attack by her forces for her leadership to become official. However, she knew too well the threat posed by the one that had left, twelve years earlier. Until that girl was removed entirely, Serisk would not make her bid. She was much too wise to take that risk.

That was how her plan had been created.

“You have done well, servant,” Serisk said, her voice echoing around the empty corners of the room. She was addressing the short, plump man who was kneeling before her throne. The man, Farr, was quivering, not only from the cold, but from fear.

“Thank you, m’ lady,” Farr murmured. He kept his head inclined so that Serisk could see only the brown hair atop his head. He didn’t dare meet her eyes.

“You swear it? The child is returning to Tetolsa?” Serisk questioned, tapping her fingernails against the throne.

“I swear it, m’ lady,” Farr whispered. “The spies heard the entire conversation. In a few days time, she will receive the message. She will travel through the trapdoor, and she will return here, to Tetolsa, where her family will await her.”

“It is better than I hoped. She’s just in time to meet my new army.” Serisk paused, smiling as she contemplated. “The plan is complete. Soon, soon I shall have her - the most powerful sorceress in the world!” Serisk stood in an excited frenzy and paced across the room, her hair swinging across her back. “Servant!”

Farr cringed as she turned to look at him again. “Y-yes, m’ lady?”

“Round up the ingali. We will need their services soon.”

As the little man hurried out of the room, looking relieved, Serisk walked to her balcony and looked out at the stormy sky. Lightning whipped down, melting the snow that whirled around it, and thunder cracked across the dead land. As Serisk’s hair and skirt whipped in the wind, malevolent laughter again came forth from her pale lips.

Soon, the girl would be dead, and soon, so soon, Serisk would become Queen.

The Ice Enchantress’s plot was in action at last.

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm falling
All I see is
you
Come, please, I'm calling
Say it if it's worth savin' me...

Kira

Re: The Ice Enchantress's Plot chap 1
frequent_contributor

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm
Kira, I've got two words for you: POST. MORE.

Thank you! ;)

~Cavy

"Once upon a day,
I thought we'd find a way..."

contributor

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:10 pm
TOTAL AWESOMENESS!! POST MORE! WHATEVER YOU DO, POST MORE!!

EEEE! Way cool! Way intriguing! Way AWESOME!

regular_contributor

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 am
This is AWESOME! I love how it dives right into all the action - no slow beginnings...(HALLELUJA!) Anyway, you better keep posting...;)

~ Allie

Proud Supporter of Project G.T.S.

Reduce, Reuse, RECYCLE! :D

N/A

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:05 pm
 This was AMAZING!
   So Serisk is the Ice Enchantress? Coolio!
       Everyone deserves to cry.

-Teresa

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:00 am
HI

:smileyhappy:

_AutoreDiEssere_ wrote:
This is AWESOME! I love how it dives right into all the action - no slow beginnings...(HALLELUJA!) Anyway, you better keep posting...;)

~ Allie

Proud Supporter of Project G.T.S.

Reduce, Reuse, RECYCLE! :D

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:00 am
HI

_Charmfairy_ wrote:
TOTAL AWESOMENESS!! POST MORE! WHATEVER YOU DO, POST MORE!!

EEEE! Way cool! Way intriguing! Way AWESOME!

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 am
HI

_magic-esi_ wrote:
This, I think, is the best writing I have read since Deathly Hallows. Post more!!!! Two is a good number, but fifty works too. I can't believe you wrote this in sixth grade. This is ten times better than anything I've ever written in my LIFE. Did you edit it or something? Because most sixth graders don't have half the vocabulary in these excerpts.

POST MORE OR DIE!!!!!! Or at least get hit by a variety of rotten foods that include no chocolate.

magic*esi
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
SEMICOLONS!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 am
HI

_cavyheart_ wrote:
Kira, I've got two words for you: POST. MORE.

Thank you! ;)

~Cavy

"Once upon a day,
I thought we'd find a way..."

new

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm new to the Stacks, and this was the first post I read. I really like it!

-Kelly♥

visitor

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 am
Oh. My. Gawd. THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please post more soon!! Please! Battery de Potterboard via her Android, Hedwig.

new

Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:16 am

this is what im sayin IT WAS GREAT

new

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Something tells me you are related to JK Rowling and Shakesphere and every good writer whoever lived! FAINTcheeky

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:22 am

This is just too good! :3 Me is smiley happy!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :3

new

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I have NOTHING negitive to say about this. Believe me my mouth is STILL hanging wide open!

LOVE IT!!!

new

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:25 pm
post more chapter 2 MUST COME OUT SOON!or my cat spirit will get u!mwahahaha!

Awesome!
new

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:04 am
Really good, really good. Keep on posting, I really really like it! -Flash

new

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:11 pm
Yah! So good! I hope you post more! One word....GIFTED!!!!

new

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:15 pm
You can do whatever in the world you want to.... As long as you post more first

new

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:32 pm
AWSOME

new

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:38 am
Oh. My. Gosh. This is INCREDIBLE!!!!! PLEASE keep writing. You have a G-I-F-T!!!!

new

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Oh my gosh. If you finished the books, you could even publish it, it's so good!

[ 23 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team