Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 The Lost-Chapter Two!
contributor

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 pm
Yeah, there are two girls telling the story!

Chapter Two (Shadow)- Fire

I don't know my real name. Honestly.
When I was 7 years old, I had been in the forest. My reason, I don’t know. All I know is that there had been a fire. I was terrified, I remember crying, backing up as the flames came towards me. I remember tripping and falling backwards. I remember the flames so close, the smoke now in my face and the flames licking my legs, and slowly crawling up. But I also remember that it had not hurt me, I was fine.
That’s all I remember of my early childhood. I can’t remember before then. I don’t know my name, like I said, but I also don’t remember my parents, where I come from, who I really am.
A year later, strange things started happening. I could make the fire crawl up my arms. I could throw it. I could also become it. I could become smoke too. And I could control the shadows of the flames.
This is what I had named my self after. Shadow. I loved to watch the dancing shadows of fire.
It was a lady who found me. A very tall, beautiful, lady, with long black hair and golden eyes. Yes, they were golden. She took me to a place in the forest, where there were other children. Some looked very unhappy. Others were cheerful. She said this place was for children who had no home to go to, and that I should stay here. Then she vanished. Just like that. Poof.
So I lived there for all most al the life I can remember. When I turned sixteen, though, stuff I could never imagined started to happen.

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team