Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 12 posts ] Average score:  
 The Music of Elves-Prologue
new

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:56 am
Laying on my bed,I stare at my music box like it is mesmerizing me in every way humanly possible.Getting up,I turn on the light and pull out my ancient diary.I flip to the very first page,dated May 11,2006,my sixth birthday.It was also the day my best friend Raina died in what her mother said was a car accident. Opening the music box,it twinkles out a merry little celtic tune.Music of the elves,Grandmother called it. My only memory of Raina that was in plain sight.The pictures,gifts,and fun were all tucked away in various places,as an effort to shoo the memories to nothing,like dust on a old desk.Like cells.What I felt when she died. It wasn't zero. It was something I couldn't describe. I see her sometimes. I push the music box off my dresser,wincing as it slams to the ground. I honestly believe that since Raina died on my birthday,it was me that killed her. Not even the music of the elves can heal me.

Re: The Music of Elves-Prologue
new

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:49 am
THIS IS SOOOOOO GOOD! WRITE MORE INDIGO!! :D

new

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:15 am
This is good. I think it could use a little more sentence variation and maybe some description so you could "see" everything better. But all you really need is more. Go, go, go!

frequent_vsitor

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:57 pm
This sounds very interesting and well written! It was a little confusing at parts and a little choppy too. Besides that it was really good! ~Ella

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm
It's intresting

regular_visitor

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:52 pm
This is very interesting--I like it! :) Here is my advice:

-It's a little bit choppy, so try using some different types of sentences. -You need to add spaces after commas and periods. Example: instead of "Laying on my bed,I stare at my music box", write "Laying on my bed, I stare at my music box". -Think about adding paragraphs. It would be easier to read that way.

Hopefully my advice will be helpful to you. :) But other then that, I really do like the story. Please write more!

-pearpearthe14th

new

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm
Awesome wright more

new

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:03 am
This is amazing!! You are talented!! I just agree with pearpearthe14th on one thing, try to use paragraphs and different types of sentences. Other than that one thing, I think you are amazing!! Well done! P.S: If this story was inspired by Lord of the Rings, I officially love you right now!!

new

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:54 pm
I really like your writing! It could be the start of a really great career. Don't give up!

new

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 am
I love your writing! But try to use paragraphs. I think you should finish this story! Maybe even try to publish it? You are on a GREAT start and all I can say now is KEEP WRITING! :)

new

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 am
Very good. I hardly read Prologues but this was the first to catch my eye and get me to read all of it. I would say 10/10.

new

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:07 am
I post this a lot and you might already know but it is < br > for a new line. Reading walls of text is not my favourite.

summerdawn28

[ 12 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team