Romance at Hogwarts

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 84 posts ] Average score:  
 The official "Songs for Ships" Thread!
regular_contributor

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:42 am
Elise, can you please float it? That's the point of this thread, but if not, it's cool. :)

And anyways, this has been done, like, a bagazillion of times in the past, but I think that we should have one thread where everyone would be able to post the songs they believe that better suit a pairing- whenever it is a pairing you like or not, whenever it happened in the books or not, if you know a song that reminds you of a Harry Potter pairing, then be sure to talk about it here!

You can also do songs for BookCharacerxOriginalCharacter and OCxOC pairings as well! The following "profile" may help you a little (has been done before... don't remember by who, but credit goes to them for the insipiration!) And please delete the notes in parentheses! They're just there to help you!

Song Title:
Artist: (remember, giving credit to the artist is important)
Ship It Reminds You Of:
Why?:
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?:

Hopefully it will work! I want people to discuss their favorite songs for their favorite shippings and help each other find suiting songs for their own favorite pairs, so don't just suggest songs, participate in discussions as well! My byez for now.

"It's more fun to make your life your own invention."

~Hippolyte

Re: The official "Songs for Ships" Thread!
regular_contributor

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 pm
Great idea, Hippo! (Can I call you that? If I can't....) GREAT IDEA, ANNA!

I will write a whole bunch for when the message boards are down :P
°ºoº°ºo Skyelark Moon oº°º°
"Unusually-and-exceedingly-peculiar-and-alltogether-quite-impossible-to-describe."
-Glinda, Wicked the Musical ?

regular_contributor

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:12 am

Song: Trainwreck

Artist: Demi Lovato

Ship: Lupinks (Tonks/Lupin)

Why: "Shook your hand and you pulled it right away/...You said we wouldn't make it/But look how far we've come/For so long my heart was breaking/But now we're standing strong/... You're a trainwreck but I wouldn't love you if you changed"

Anything else: No. I think my reason says it all. :)

Super awesome idea, Anna!
~Lauren

new

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Song: Fix You

Artist: Coldplay

Ship: Dramonie (Draco and Hermione) 

Why: and the tears come streaming down you face, when you lose something you cant replace, when you love someone but it goes to waste, could it be worse?

lights will guide you home and ignite your bones and i wil try to fix you

Anything else: Forbiddin love it has the Romeo Juliet appeal 

new

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Song: Superman

Artist: Taylor Swift 

Ship: Harry/Ginny

Why: "He's got his mothers eyes, his fathers ambition" "and you'll leave got places to be and ill be okay i always forget to tell you i love you, i loved you from the very first day" "he's not all bad like his reptation and i cant hear a single word they say" 

new

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:32 pm

I love this idea!

Don't know if this makes sense,but here are mine

song-Fifteen

artist-Taylor Swift

ship-Harry/Cho

why-Because it's talking about how you fall for people really easily when your fifteen, but it's not necessarily right or lasting.(thank gryffindor!)

" 'Cause when your-fifteen! somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them!"

and 

song-We belong together

artist-Taylor swift

ship-ginny and harry, or Ron and Hermione, or Tonks and Lupin, or any other perfect couple!

why-the title kind of expains it all.

-Shakiracheeky

frequent_contributor

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:40 am

Song Title: Right Here, With You 
Artist: David Cook
Ship It Reminds You Of: Evan/Indina
Why?: "You've always been the sweetest song, even when the world went wrong, you never let the sun go down and fall to peices."  That's when the whole Cyan/Orange gangs started out and Indina was determinded to pull through, with Evan. "If the sun stops burning, and the world stops burning I'll be right here with you." Remember that prolouge that never got a follow up chapter? She said he was there, he was always there for her? "I'm on your side." Evan was always on Indina's side, never joining in an alliance against her or anything. "I can see the way you hide, always keep your things inside but all you ever wanted was the light to save you." Indina was always very quiet about her past, and Evan was always telling her it was okay to open up, he being her light. "Times will always change, the waves will always break and I will be there all the time forever by your side." Basically the promise Evan makes to Indina. (:
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: ISN'T IT JUST SO  SHWEET (SAPPY)?

Song Title: True Colors

Artist: Well myyyy version is Glee Cast, but I'm pretty sure it was originally done by Cyndi Lauper

Ship It Reminds You Of: Draco/Hermione

Why?: "You with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged oh I realize it's hard to take courage." I always thought this reminded me of when Voldemort gave Draco the task of killing Dumbledore and Hermione is comforting him, telling from her own experiances as a Gryffindor how hard it is to live up to the brave name. "I see your true colors shining though. I see your true colors, and that's why I love you." Hermione sees past Draco's bias and sees what he's really likes, and loves him for it... thassabout it. 

Ooops, got to go, I'll try to come back and do more after dinner.

frequent_contributor

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:25 am

Song Title: Walk Away
Artist: The Script
Ship It Reminds You Of:  Harry/Ginny
Why?: "I don't know why she's with me, I only brought her trouble since the day she met me." This is reffering to when Harry tells Ginny they can't be together because Voldemort's after everyone he loves. And it is true, when Ginny met Harry, she ended up into trouble in the Chamber of Secrets. "When you relize you're in to deep and you wake up and you're falling in love in the worst way." This way being that he brings her danger where ever they go together.  "Still she stays." This is easy explained, just look at the books, I guess.
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: The rest of the song doesn't have much resemblence to Harry/Ginny. Really, the rest is about a couple who is always having problems and the guy is amazed the girl, as much as he loves her, hasn't walked away yet. But that doesn't really conquer to Ginnary, now does it?

Song Title: Dancing Through Life

Artist: Wicked Cast, originally sung by Kristen Chenowith, Leo Norbet Butz, Christopher Fitgerald, Michelle Federrera (?Forgot the name of the original Nessa), and Idina Menzel

Ship It Reminds You Of: James/Lily

Why?: "The trouble with schools is, they always try to teach the long lesson. Believe me, I've been kick out enough of the to know, they want to you be less callow, less, shallow... dancing through life, skimming the surface, gliding where turf is smooth... nothing matters but knowing nothing matters, it's just life so keep dancing through... swaying and sweeping and always keeping cool" This sounds very James, a contant detentionee who seemed to take life pretty easily as it came. "Now that we've met one another, it's clear we deserve eachother. Your perfect, your perfect, so we're perfect together, born to be forever!" Lily and James confessing their love for one another.

Other: Not much of the lyrics pertain to the ship because it's more the story of Wicked than anything else. But if you don't understand, Fiyero is James, Galinda is Lily, and Boq is sort of Snape, yet minus the creepy muchin stalker part. Elphaba and Nessa really don't have a point for the ship XD

Song: Two Is Better Than One

Artist: Boys Like Girls

Ship It Reminds You Of: Snape/Lily

Why?: "I remember what you wore on the first day you came into my life and I though 'Hey, you know, this could be something' . Cause everythign you do, the words you say, know that it all takes my breath away..."  Obviously young Snape crushing on Lily. "... and now I'm left with nothing."  ): Lily dies... "So maybe it's true that I can't live without you..."  Snape being remosful after Lily's death "...And maybe two is better than one."  Poor, sad, single Snape, still more remorse I guess. "When I close my eyes and drift away, I think of you and everything's okay." Snape finding comfort in Lily's memory.

regular_contributor

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Elise? Can you pretty please float it again? It got un-floated after the STACKS were changed. Thanks :)

Alright, here are some! And thanks to everyone who liked this (not so original) idea!

Song Title: Fix You
Artist: Coldplay
Ship It Reminds You Of: Romione (Ron/Hermione)
Why?: Well, it all started after I watched a TOTALLY EPIC fanmade Romione video, and I immediately understood this was the Romione song. I am a huge Romione shipper, and I had been looking for a Ron/Hermione song for a while. After the video, I was entirely sure I had found it: Lights will quide you home/when you love someone but it goes to waste/and the tears come streaming down your face when you lose something you can't replace/I promise I'll learn from my mistakes/and I will try to fix you.
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: Yes. It just speaks by itself.

Song Title: Falling Slowly
Artist: Glen Hansard
Ship It Reminds You Of: Lover (Luna/Harry)
Why?: I was looking for a Harry/Luna song, and since I didn't know from where to start I went at Google and started typing down random things that would've make a good title for a love song. Coincidently, I wrote something including "once" and, from what I understood, this song is a soundrack to a movie entitled "Once" (correct me if my dorky conclusion is wrong). Here are some of the lyrics that just shout "LOVER" out loud: Raise your hopeful voice, you had the choice, you've made it now/take this sinking boat and point it home, we still got time/games that never amount to more than they're ment will pay themselves out/moods that take me and erase me and I'm painted black/you have suffered enough and warred with yourself it's time that you won...
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: Well, Lover is a relationship that never existed and, if you want my opinion, there never were any Lover "moments" between them in the books, so all we have to do is imagine why they would've be attracked to each other and how their relationship would begin and develop. I think this song shows a very nice side of Lover: Harry and Luna, both with a scarred past and present and many battles to give finding each other and peace... how sweet *wipes tear*

Song Title: Runaway
Artist: The Corrs
Ship It Reminds You Of: One of the most ignored and underrated canon shippings in the HP fandom, Hannah/Neville (Hanneville?)
Why?: Because I love this song. It's so fresh and cool and sweet and fairy-like and full of youth and nice and... OK, I snap out of it. I was listening to it ONLY LAST NIGHT, thinking which ship it could be written for (yeah, I often do that when listening to music) and Neville/Hannah just popped on my mind. I just can't explain why... 'Cause I have fallen in love with you/No never have I/I'm never gonna stop falling in love with you
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: I love Neville/Hannah. And I love this song. They just go together. I think it's better from Hannah's point of view: I can imagine her in love with Neville, who is somehow unsuspicious and indifferent not-yet-in-love-with-anyone and she tries to stay in love with him because she... well... she loves him? I get  more and more stupid as this goes on, guess that's enough for now. ;)

regular_contributor

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 pm

@flyingjade3: LOL. We both used Fix You for two different ships, giving different reasons :D. *shrugs* every song has different meaning for everyone and your aspect on it is interesting.

"It's more fun to make your life your own invention."
~Hippolyte

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi hippolyte,

Right now, I am unable to float/unfloat threads.  Sorry! :(

-e

frequent_contributor

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:21 am

Of course, every shipper is going to claim THIS SONG is for THEIR ship, but I actually have more reasons, than, THEY LOVE EACHOTHER, DUUUH! For this song (:

Title: A Thousand Years

Artist: Christina Perri

Ship It Reminds You Of: Draco/Hermione

Why?:

"Heart beats fast/colors and promises/how to be brave/how can I love when I'm afraid to fall?" To me, this sounds like a relationship, with Ron maybe, and a bad break up. Then Hermione relizes that she's be loving the wrong person all along, but she's to afraid to believe it, that she is in love with Draco, because she doesn't want to be hurt again, even when she, the Gryffindor has learned to never fear and be brave.

"But watching you stand alone/All of my doubt suddenly goes away." Brings me back to the sixth book when no one is there to comfort Draco when he is put under so much stress, and Hermione sees that and then she knows it, she knows she see love.

"One step closer." That cautious step closer, admiring from afar. Obviously she can't just walk up to him and tell him she loves him, she has to stay far away, because she thinks they could never be.

"I have died everyday waiting for you."  This is that agonizing time in her life where all she can do is glance from afar, hoping. "

Time stands still/Beauty in all she is." Makes me think of another girl in this, maybe Hermione seeing him looking at another girl, or asking another girl on a date. Maybe she feels sad, that since she has never been anything but the bushy haired big tooth know it all, that Draco will never find her pretty.

"I will be brave/I will not let anything take away/What's standing infront of me/Every breath/Ever hour has come to this." This is the moment of truth, Hermione has now learned to be brave, a really Gryffindor, and now it's time to jump out of her comfort zone.

"I have died everyday waiting for you/Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years/I'll love you for a thousand more."  Hermione finally tells him how she feels. She truely now, has been waiting for a thousand years, at least, in the eyes of love. One day is like a year when your crush doesn't even notice you.

"And all along I believe I would find you/Time has brought your heart to me/I have loved you for a thousand years." Draco and Hermione have something together, and it works. Hermione gave up, and through time, has brought them both together.

"I'll love you for a thousand more." And this is to say, for both, to eachother.

Anything else?: I'd like to see Heron, or Luneville, Ginnary, Harmony, or whatever,  top THAT! (:

regular_contributor

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Song: Only the Good Die Young

Artist: Billy Joel

Ship: Dramione (Draco/Hermione)

Reason Why: "They say I run with a dangerous crowd/We ain't too pretty, but we ain't too proud"

Anything else: Well, Draco's kind of a "bad boy" and Hermione's a "good girl" and yeah. :)

Song: Still the One

Arist: Orleans

Ship: Romione (Ron/Hermione)

Reason Why: "We've been together since way back when/and sometimes I never want to see you again"

Anything else: Let's face it. Hermione and Ron don't always get along, but they still stay together.

Song: Happy Evil Love Song

Artist: Dr. Doofenshmirtz and his date (From the episode Chez Platypus on "Phineas and Ferb)

Ship: Voldellatrix (Voldemort/Bellatrix)

Reason Why: "It's the age old story how an evil boy meets an evil girl/we've got a love strong enough to rule the whole wide world/we both maniacally laugh at all the same stuff/I've found my other half, yes, I've got an evil love."

Anything else: Admit it. We can all picture the two of them popping kids' balloons and blowing up the moon in a shape of a heart.

contributor

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Song: "I'm Not That Girl"

Artists: Wicked Cast: specifically sung by Idina Menzel, and the reprise is by Kirsten Chenowith.

Ship: Romione, when Hermione watches Ron and Lavender

Why: The entire song is about how Elphaba is in love with Fiyero, but he is in love (at the moment...) with Glinda (Galinda?).

This is a great idea!

~Foreverelephant

frequent_contributor

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

I always thought "I'm Not That Girl" represented Luna/Harry, but I might be biased since I read that songifc by emeraldeagle18 8P

frequent_vsitor

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Song: "Someday"

Artist: Laura Benanti originated the role, so I'll list her as the artist.

Ship: Ron/Hermione

Why: Someday when it's me/I'll know our love was meant to be/Not one single complication/Or cause for hesitation/One day when the dream is coming true/All you'll need it me/And all I'll need is you!

Anything Else: So, in The Wedding Singer, Julia wishes that her boyfriend, Glen, will propose to her and she'll have her happy ending. Not exactly the same, since it's HP, but I like to think that those lyrics above would fit Hermione in 6th year when she's watching Lavender and Ron together, being hopelessly optimistic about it.

"There is no future, there is no past, I live this moment as my last."

-The immortal words of Jonathan Larson, composer of RENT

SUPERBOY and the INVISIBLE GIRL…

Son of STEEL and daughter of AIR…

He’s a HERO, a lover, a PRINCE

She’s not there….

-NEXT TO NORMAL -  an awesome musical I never got to see. L

It won’t be long now… -In The Heights

I can’t really explain it. I haven’t got the words. It’s a feeling that I can’t control. I suppose it’s like forgetting, losing who you are. But at the same time, something makes you whole.

It’s like that there’s a music playing in your ear. And I’m listening, and I’m listening, and then I disappear!

And then I feel a change, like a fire deep inside. Something bursting me wide open, impossible to hide! And suddenly I’m flying, flying like a bird. Like electricity, like electricity!  A spark inside of me…then I’m free, I’m free.

-BILLY ELLIOT. Why did it have to CLOOOOSE??

Get back up, you gotta get back up.

I wanna be a Starship Ranger!

I am the coolest girl in the whole wide world.

I gotta get back to Hogwarts!

Team Starkid, keep on shining. J

A Word From Elphaba….

Unlimited. My future is unlimited…

And nobody, in all of Oz, no Wizard that there is or was, is ever gonna bring me down!

Don’t stop believing.

Oh my God, I’m dating Kim Kardashian. -Finn

frequent_vsitor

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:55 am

Song Title:He Wasnt
Artist: Avril lavigne

Ship It Reminds You Of:Ron and Lavander
Why?:

"He wasn't what I wanted, what I thought, no.
He wouldn't even open up the door.
He never made me feel like I was special.
Like I was special, cuz I was special."

except it should be a she and ron could sing it. lavander was just so wrong for ron i think this fits the relation ship almost perfectly

regular_contributor

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Song Title: Beauty and the Beast

Artist: Sung by Angela Lansbury, Written by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman

Ship It Reminds You Of: Dramione (Draco/Hermione)

Why?: Hermione and Draco are so different, and this song is in a situation where the two people (Belle and the Beast, in case you live underground or something and don't know) are really different and fall in love anyway

Anything Else?: I LOVE THIS SONG

Song Title: Kiss The Girl

Artist: Sung by ?, Written by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman

Ship It Reminds You Of: Harry/Ginny

Why?: Harry has a crush on Ginny for a long time before he gets up the nerve to tell/kiss her.

Anything Else?: This is the most ignored song from The Little Mermaid

Song Title: If I Never Knew You

Artist: Written by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz (don't listen to the remake, it's AWFUL!)

Ship It Reminds You Of: Severus/Lily

Why?: It's a song about having feelings for someone even though circumstances are tearing you apart. I think it could be told from Snape's POV. Look up the lyrics. They're amazing. Some of them are "And I'm so grateful to you/I'd have lived my whole life through/Lost forever/If I never knew you" SO ROMANTIC

Anything Else?: Best. Love song. EVER!

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Song: Luna

Artist: Smashing Pumpkins

Album: Siamese Dragon

Couple: Luna/Neville

Here's another one!

Song:Pigeon

Artist: Tennis

Album: Cape Dory 

Couple: Ginny/Harry

And another....

Song: Not in Love

Artist: Crystal Castles

Album: Not in Love

Couple: Harry/Cho

new

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Song Title: The One That Got Away
Artist: Katy Perry
Ship It Reminds You Of: Cedric and Cho
Why?: Cedric got away from Cho. This is from Cho's point of view.

"In another life

I would be your girl

It would be just you and me against the world

In another life

I would make you stay

I wouldn't have to say

That you're the one that got away

The one that got away"
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: So angsty, the both of them! I just about bawled my eyes out when Cedric died, and just then my sister said, "Poor Cho. He got away." This popped in my head.

Song Title: Love Story
Ship It Reminds You Of: DRAMIONE 4 EVA! Draco and Hermione
Why?: The lyrics say it all! "We were both young when I first saw you" They were 11 and prejudiced against each other "I close my eyes and the flashback starts" I could go through the whole song, but I'll just skip it to, "And my daddy says stay away from Juliet." Of course their parents want them apart!
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: They both rock!

Song Title: Someone Like You
Artist: Adele
Ship It Reminds You Of: Pansy/Draco (I know, it's wrong! Sue me!)
Why?: Draco married Astoria, and who here thinks that Pansy wasn't heartbroken?

"I heard that you settled down

That you found a girl

And your married now

I heard all your dreams came true

Guess she gave you things I didn't

Give to you"

g2g write more later!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Song title: You Belong With Me

Couple: Lily and Snape

Why: The beginning of the song in no way fits, but the lines "She's cheer captain and I'm in the bleachers" and "I know what makes you laugh when you know you're about to cry" and "I know your favorite songs and you tell me about your dreams" really work. Especially if you change the first line to "He's quidditch captain and I'm in the bleachers"!!!!!!!!!!

Anything else: "Strawberry Fields Forever" by the Beatles also kinda reminded me of Lily and Snape. Srawberry Fields isn't a love song, but it's about childhood memories. You probably need some extra John Lennon info to get any of this, so here it is: When John Lennon was a kid, his aunt would take him to this place called Strawberry Fields. Snape's memories of talking to Lily are probably his happiest memories, and can't you kinda see him writing a song about those memories? To me, it kinda fit. Most Beatles songs aren't love songs, so it's hard to use them for this post.

frequent_contributor

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Song title: If I Can't Love Her

Artist: Not sure, but it was written by Alan Menken for the Beauty and the Beast

Couple: Tonks/Lupin

Why: "And in my twisted fate," Lupin talking about his horrid fate of becoming a wearwolf  "there's not the slightest trace of anything that even hints kindness, and from my tortured shape, no comfort no escape"  Obviously his hostile form tortures him mentally "I see, but within is utter blindness... hopeless, as my dream dies, as the time flies, helpless, unforgiven, cold and driven to this sad conclusion" Lupin seems to have given up on his dream of finding love "No beauty could move me, no goodness improve me, no power on earth if I can't love her"  There's no way he can be changed, and in his mind, no way he can love Tonks because of their age difference and his wolfiness "No passion could reach me, no lessson could teach me, how I could have love her and made her love me too" Lupin wishing things were different "If I can't love her, then who?" This reflects on Tonks how great she is in Lupins eyes. If he can't love someone as lovely as her, who can he love? "Long ago I should have seen, all the things I could have been." Him wishing he could've cherished his non-wearwolf childhood. "Careless and unthinking, I moved onward. No pain could be deeper, no life could be cheaper, no point anymore, if I can't love her. No spirit could win me, no hope left within me" Sad enough to say, it seems true "Hope  I could have loved her and that she'd set me free." True love conquers anything, and Lupin thinks if he and Tonks were true she could set him free from his wearwolf side, at least in a mental sense "But it's not to be. If I can't love her, let the world be done with me!"

Other: Another reason this song reflects is because the Beast sings this during his mental climax and by the end after he risks his life for her, she loves him and changes him back. Sounds a lot like Lupin's life to me.

new

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Song title: You belong with me

Artist:Taylor Swift

Ship it reminds you of:Romione

Why? Hermione wants Ron to realize that she's been with him the entire time, and he goes and dates Lavender. And when Taylor is talking about the other girl: She wears short skirts/I wear t-shirts,she's cheer captain/ and I'm on the bleachers, I can imagine Lavender being a cheerleader and wearing dressy clothing all the time, and Hermione's on the bleachers because she dosen't play Quiddich(I don't know if that's spelled right), but seems to enjoy watching Ron play it.heart

new

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Song Title: As Long as Your Mine
Artist: It's from Wicked, and I forget the name of the composer... I think Stephan something.

Ship It Reminds You Of: Ginny and Harry

Why?: They were put together, and Ginny did have a crush on Harry. (Vice versa as well.) I also got the feeling that Ginny really did feel like Harry was all her's, not someone else's.

Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: The song is beautiful, and the ship is cute. (?) :P

Skyelark Moon

"You see, I tired of constant fear, so I made a decision. Every day when I wake, I tell myself that it will be my last. If you are not trying to hold on to time, you are not so afraid of losing it."

--Suzanne Collins, Luxa, Gregor the Overlander

Peace. Love. Music

regular_contributor

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:06 pm
Hey! Our usernames are links now, though I didn't checked if they work yet XP Song Title: You Belong With Me Artist: Taylor Swift Ship It Reminds You Of: It's actually a love "triangle" between Teddy Lupin, Lily Potter II and Victoire Weasley. I wrote a songfic with this song once and I felt like I SHOULD do that. Why?: Plot goes like this: Lily likes Teddy, who is ten years elder than her (don't comment on that, Tonks and Lupin had 13 years between them) and dates her cousin, Vicoire. Songfic heavingly based on song. I love it, though full of grammer mistakles I made those days XD Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: I actually "ship" the idea of Lily crushing Teddy but I'm leaving it, at least for the time being (sacrifise for fanfiction =)

regular_visitor

Thu May 10, 2012 9:10 pm
Song Title: Misery Artist: Maroon 5 Ship It Reminds You Of: Dramione (Draco/Hermione) Why?: It just sorta would describe their relationship. Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: Nope ~*~DUSTFINGERANDBASTAFAN113~*~

frequent_contributor

Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 am

Song Title: You Won't Feel A Thing

Artist: The Script <3

Ship It Reminds You Of: Tonks/Lupin

Why?:

I've been kicked right down
I've been spat in the face
I've been pulled, weighed down
To the lowest place
I've been lied to, shamed
I have been disgraced
Been ex-communicated from every holy place
I've been beat up and robbed
I've been left for dead
For the way I look
For the things I said

Doesn't this resemeble Lupin? I mean, with the wizarding world's hate for wearwolves and the hard life he's been put through this definetly seems like something Lupin would say. Another note, most wearwolves are probably not welcome at any church I know of ;3 Just another look at what Lupin really feels likes on the inside.

When trouble thinks it's found us
The world falls down around us
I promise baby you won't ever
You won't ever feel a thing

With the wizarding war, and how trouble always seems to follow the Order, this is definetly what is running through Lupin's mind when he and Tonks fall for each other <3

Cause I will take it on the chin
Eh, for you
So lay your cuts and bruises over my skin
I promise you won't feel a thing
Cause everything the world could throw
I'll stand in front. I'll take the blow for you.
For you.

Lupin would do everything for her, he'd lay himself on the line for her.

Yeah.
And if I fall here
At least you know my dear that I would die for you
Promise you won't ever feel a thing
And if I fall here
At least you know my dear that I would die for you
Promise you won't ever feel a thing

This last part always makes me really sad, because I know that this is meant to be when even if he can't save her, he'd rather die right next to her <3

Yeah everything the world could throw
I'll take the sticks, I'll take the stones for you
For you

visitor

Sun May 13, 2012 9:49 pm
Song Title: I Wish Artist: One Direction Ship it Reminds You Of: Harry/Ginny Why: Sounds like what Harry would be thinking back when Ginny and Dean were together....

Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 am
Hippolyte- Do you care if I do this on the THG boards? I just didn't want to post stuff about Katniss+Peeta, Finnick+Annie, etc. on this one, but I felt like asking first, because this is where I got the idea.

regular_contributor

Mon May 28, 2012 12:05 pm
@Magentadolphin21: Sure, go ahead! The idea wasn't mine at all, it has been done before, it's just that this time, it's one thread. So do it :)

Mon May 28, 2012 11:29 pm
Thanks, Hippolyte!

frequent_vsitor

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:24 pm

HIPPOLYTE HIPPOLYTE HIPPOLYTE HIPPOLYTE HIPPOLYTE!!!!!!!!!!! I know that your post that included "Falling Slowly" was WAAAAAY back in January but I just gotta say.....I LOVE THAT SONG! ONCE is a musical now, by the way! Extremely popular with the theatre crowd!

And now for the new batch of songs!

Song Title: "Hellfire"

Artist: The person who voices Frollo in HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (the Disney movie from the 90's), Tony Jay. Stephen Schwartz, the composer of WICKED, wrote it!

Ship It Reminds You Of: Draco/Hermione aka Dramione

Why?: This shows the dark side of Dramione.

You know I am a righteous man

Of my virtue I am justly proud

You know I am so much purer than

The common, vulgar, weak, licentious crowd

This can be Draco, trying to convince himself that he's above everyone else, as a result of his father's teachings that he is pureblood, and therefore the best.

Then tell me, Maria

Why I see her dancing there

Why her smold'ring eyes still scorch my soul

This can be Draco's feelings when he first falls in love with Hermione.

Like fire, hellfire

This fire in my skin

This burning, desire

Is turning me to sin

It's not my fault

This can describe Draco, trying to deny his feelings for Hermione.

Let her taste the fires of hellElise, is this okay?

Or else let her be mine and mine alone

This can be Draco deciding that Hermione has to be with him or else.....

Song Title: Heaven's Light

Artist: Ahem, another Hunchback song....Tom Hulce as Quasimodo.

Ship It Reminds You Of: Neville/Luna aka Luneville

Why?: Just search the lyrics, I swear, it's perfect.

new

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:53 pm
Songs! Music! Yay! :)

Song title: Superman

Artist: The Amazing Taylor Swift :D

Ship It Reminds You Of: Harry/Ginny

Why?: A lot of the lyrics... "He's got his mother's eyes, his father's ambition. I wonder if he knows how much that I miss him." I'm too lazy to write out the rest of the lyrics. But it describes Ginny's feelings in DH when Harry was off saving the world and she missed him very much. :(

Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: No. I think the song says enough. :)

Song title: Mine

Ship It Reminds You Of: Ron/Hermione

Why?: I actually think this song is perfect for them. :D Hermione used to almost always follow the rules, and she wasn't one of those flirty girls like Lavender who were always dating someone. She was always more cautious. But Ron made her a little braver, and he helped her believe in love "You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter. You are the best thing that's ever been mine." Also, the part where it says "And I remember that fight two-thirty AM, 'cause everything was slipping right out of my hands. I ran out crying, and you follow me out into the streets. Braced myself for the goodbye, 'cause that's all I've ever known. And you took me by surprise. You said, 'I'll never leave you alone'" could be when Ron leaves Harry and Hermione during their Horcrux mission. But he comes back, and it's because he heard Hermione's voice come out of the Deluminator, and because of that little ball of light that touched his heart. :) Even though he went crazy for a while, he will always be extremely loyal to Hermione.

Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: Well, I was thinking of writing a parody. "You made a rebel of a careless dentist's Muggle-born daughter. Ron, you're the best thing that's ever been mine." Weird, I know. ;)

~Mia

contributor

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 am
Song title: Someone Like You
Artist: Adele♥
Ship: Snape & Lily
Why: The song fits Snape's POV perfectly-- Snape is watching Lily with James, and is remembering all the times they've spent together. He is sort of accepting that they will never be together, but is brokenhearted. Even the melody is sort of melancholy.
@Jadedragon49/Hippolyte-- I love that song too! :D

..❀Foreverelephant❀..

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

There is much you can learn from books and scrolls...

These books. are my friends, .my companions,

They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.”

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

~Jeod, Eragon, Christopher Paolini❀..

contributor

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 pm
Here are some more:
Song Title: Breakeven
Artist: The Script
Ship: Snape & Lily (again... :P)
Why: The song in general tells the story of how a man misses his girlfriend, who has left him for another guy, and how he feels awful while she is fine. "When a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven." This could apply to a lot of ships, but for me a few lines stood out specifically for Snape X Lily.
"Just praying to a God that I don't believe in" -- Snape followed Voldemort, but I like to think that it was half-hearted... I think it was because he was heartbroken, which fits perfectly with the song.
"Her best days will be some of my worst" -- For obvious reasons... but it specifically reminds me of how when Lily marries James, Snape becomes a death eater and destroys his life.
"She's finally met a man who's gonna put her first" -- Snape calls Lily a mudblood in their fifth year, trying to minimize his humiliation, while James would never do that.
"No wise words gonna stop the bleeding" -- When Snape sees Dumbledore after her death, Dumbledore doesn't offer any consoling words or advice.
"I'm trying to make sense of what little remains" -- 'What little remains' is Harry. :)

Song title: Safe & Sound
Artist: Taylor Swift (Feat. The Civil Wars)
Ship: Harmony
Why: Well, the scene that stands out the most to me for Harmony is in Godric's Hollow, when they're in the graveyard. Harry begins to cry and Hermione takes his hand and comforts him.
"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go,
When all those shadows almost killed your light...
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and past tonight."

Well, Harry is crying, Voldemort almost "killed his light", Hermione certainly doesn't leave Harry alone, and they're in a graveyard. :D

Foreverelephant

Deep in the meadow, under the willow,
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow..”

--Rue's Lullaby

new

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 am
Song title: Invisible

It reminds me of Ginny's feelings, particularly in GoF and OotP, when Harry was dating Cho - and even before he dated her, when he wanted to ask Cho to the Yule Ball.

"And you can't see me wanting you the way you want her." Harry was so busy thinking about Cho, that he didn't notice how Ginny had liked him all these years.

"She can't see the way your eyes light up when you smile."

Ginny knew Harry much better than Cho did, and they had been through more together, like when Harry rescued Ginny from Tom Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets.

"We could be a beautiful miracle, unbelievable. Instead I'm just invisible."

Have you noticed that Ginny has kind of a very small part in PoA and GoF? Harry didn't really think of her as any more than a friend until HBP. *_*

~ Mia

frequent_contributor

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 pm
OMG FOREVERELEPHANT FOR BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO LIKE EVER REFERENCE A SCRIPT SONG I LOVE YOU ETERNALLY.

Twinktoes87

~Proud Supporter of the Rainbow~

Copy and paste this if you support the LGBT community and their rights

contributor

Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:41 pm
@Katherine-- :D They're really good! I haven't listened to all of their music, but so far I really like them! :) Two of their songs are in my 'favorites' playlist. :P

~Foreverelephant

°°°°°°°..°°°°°..°°°°°..°°°°°°°..°°°°°..°°°°°..

..°°°°°..°°°°°..°°°°°°°..°°°°°..°°°°°..°°°°°°°

new

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:55 pm
Song title: Accio Love

Artist: Ministry of Magic!

Ship: Ron and Hermione

Um ... and the song sort of speaks for itself. :D

~ Mia :)

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, all those who live without love." ~Albus Dumbledore

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 pm
Song Title: " Ypu Make Me Feel So " Artist: (remember, giving credit to the artist is important) A band called Cobra Star ship. ( sorry if I spelled it wrong) Ship It Reminds You Of: Tonks/Lupin Why?: The part of the song that the guy is singing:" And if you listen you can hear me through the radio, in the that bright white noise." The "bright white noise" is a Patronus. "What I've been missing in my life, what I've been dreaming of.. You'll be that girl" No Marauder ( if I'm correct) had a romance except James ( Lily?). Sirius was liked by a girl ( read OotP, Snape's memory) and Pettigrew, well, I don't think no one liked him, but I can't remember. So what Lupin is saying is that he didn't have a girl in his life before Tonks. The girl part of the song: " I'm everything you want so let me get up there, I'm the baddest girl in the atmosphere." We all know Tonks was a prankster when in Hogwarts. Professor Sprout always said Tonks couldn't behave herself in class. And for the rest of the song, it's mostly the chorus ( la la la la la). I can imagine the story of Teddy and everything else that happens to them playing. At the end, the song sounds kind of sad to me... I imagine the Battle of Hogwarts at the end. Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: Tonks and Lupin Forever <3

regular_visitor

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:30 pm
"Walk me down the middle" by the band perry why? : "I was meant to be by your side/ and i have waited here a long time/for you to turn around and notice me/ but now your here/ holding hands with me" Who?: Harry/Ginny ************************** "I will always love you" by Dolly Parton Why?: "If I should stay/ i would only be in your way/ so I'll go/ but I know/ I'll think of you every step of the way/" "Bitter-sweet memories That's all I have, and all I'm taking with me Good-bye, oh, please don't cry 'Cause we both know that I'm not What you need" Who?: Ginny/Harry ********** I'm extremely team Ginny/Harry. They were meant to be!!!! <3

frequent_contributor

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 am
@foreverelephant: OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM. They're my favorite band/artist EVAR, I have all their songs and OMG I FREAK OUT WHENEVER I CAN FIND PARALELS TO HP.
And since I just got their debut album on iTunes, I should look for some shipping. Most of the love songs are kind of for couples who have a bunch of scars and troubles, so its kind of an easy thing to match since all the characters in HP go through a lot.

Twinktoes87

You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything

~Fall For Anything, The Script

new

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:05 pm
Name:Addictive Artist:Simple Plan Ship It Reminds You Of:Snape/Lily Why:Because it after a break up and the boy is still not over the girl even though the girl has a boyfriend ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name:Vacation Artist:Simple Plan Ship It Reminds You Have:Pansy/Draco Why:Because it when Draco loses interest in Pansy fades away.It just that Draco is sick of Pansy and how annoying she is and he'll never like her. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name:Skater boy Artist:Avril Lavigne Ships It Remind You of:Astoria/Draco Why:Not all the lyrics make sense but yeah.So here the story.It starts of with Draco liking Hermione and Hermione liking back.Then their friends get in the way.So Hermione ditch Draco.Then Draco meet Astoria.Finally Hermione realizes she wants Draco but it too late.Astoria sings it.Once you'll ear the song it sorta make sense

new

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:18 pm
Name:Safe&Sound Artist:Taylor Swift Ship it Reminds You Of:Dramione Why:Because it when Draco has to do his task from Voldermort.Hermione is there to comfort him when his light almost killed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name:Grenade Artist:Bruno Mars Ship it Reminds You Of:Dean/Ginny Why:Dean could do all these things for Ginny but she'll continue to love Harry ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name:Servant of Evil Artist:Len Kagami Ships It Reminds You Of:Nacrissa/Lucius Why:Okay it might not sounds like that ship.But you see Nacrissa didn't care all about that Voldermort stuff(at least in the movie).But she loves her husband(where in the song Len loves his twin sister).So Nacrissa sorta like sacrifice her safety for him like Len sacrificed his life for his sister.

frequent_contributor

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 am
THIS THREAD SHALL NOT GO TO THE 2ND PAGE IT IS TOO GOOD.

That is all.

Twinktoes87

Currently Listening To: "Scheherazade, Op. 35: I. The Sea and Sinbad's Ship", Rimsky-Korsakov

new

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:36 pm
Well, the song "Haunted" by Taylor Swift kind of reminds me of Hermione's feelings when Ron left her and Harry on the Horcrux hunt during DH.

"You and I walk a fragile line. I have known it all this time."
Ron and Hermione "walk a fragile line" because they argue a lot and have gotten into so many fights over the years.

"But I never thought I'd live to see it break."
It "broke" on the night Ron left Hermione and Harry and went off on his own.

"It's getting dark and it's all too quiet and I can't trust anything now."
This describes Hermione's feelings while camping in the woods with Harry, because during the Wizarding War, nowhere is safe and you can't trust anyone. They have to keep moving, for fear of being caught.

"And it's coming over you like it's all a big mistake."
Maybe Hermione suspected that Ron really regretted walking out on them and wanted to come back.

"Oh whoa, I'm holding my breath. Won't lose you again. Something's made your eyes go cold."
She almost "lost" Ron many times before - when he dated Lavender, and in a lot of near-death situations they had. Also, Ron's wearing the Horcrux locket for a while made him depressed and might have partly contributed to him leaving. He wasn't himself while wearing it, and I suppose that's where "something's made your eyes go cold" comes in.

"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this. I thought I had you figured out.Something's gone terribly wrong.You're all I wanted. Come on, come on, don't leave me like this. I thought I had you figured out. Can't breathe whenever you're gone. Can't turn back now. I'm haunted."
The entire chorus basically describes the desperation Hermione feels while Ron is gone, because his absence is making things worse on her and Harry. And they literally can't turn back now, because it's too late. They can't abandon their mission.

"Stood there and watched you walk away from everything we had, but I still mean every word I said to you."
Maybe Hermione feels guilty that she wasn't able to make Ron stay, and instead she just stood there and let it happen.

"He will try to take away my pain, and he just might make me smile. But the whole time I'm wishing he was you instead."
Harry tries to comfort Hermione, but that doesn't ease the pain she feels because it's just the two of them and Ron isn't there. The trio isn't complete without them.

Also, the entire song is just so powerful and you can really feel her emotion as she sings it, so it can relate to the whole dark, depressing, paranoid feeling of DH.

~ Mia, who is too lazy to put her signature... :P

frequent_contributor

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:12 am
@amazingwizard: omg awhile ago on the general board there was a post about haunted... except it was Dramione and not Romione, which makes a lot more sense to me personally.

Twinktoes87

•~Proud Supporter of the Rainbow~•

Currently Watching: "The Christmas Invasion" Doctor Who, Season 2 Ep. 1

contributor

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:07 pm
@Katherine-- This may not top your Dramione version of this song, but I think it fits this ship perfectly:

Name: A Thousand Years
Artist: Christina Perri
Ship: Lupin & Tonks
Why:
I'm going to go line by line for this song:

"How to be brave, how can I love when I'm afraid to fall."
I've always felt that part of Lupin thinks Tonks should hate him because he's a werewolf-- he never thought that he would find love, and now that he does, he's afraid that it won't last.

"But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow."
Lupin ends up agreeing to marry Tonks and finally acknowledges his love for her.

"One step closer"
Lupin gradually allows himself to get closer to Tonks, one step at a time, if that makes sense.

"I have died everyday waiting for you."
This is from Tonks' perspective, now. We see how upset she is in OotP, waiting for Lupin to finally love her back.

"Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more."
Well, Tonks has loved Lupin for so long, and she's sort of reassuring him that she doesn't care that he's a werewolf, and that she never will.

"Time has brought your heart to me"
Lupin refused to love Tonks for so long... and now he finally does.

"I will be brave. I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me."
This is the part that I think stands out to me the most for Lupin & Tonks. Lupin finally decides not to let his werewolf-hood stop him from falling in love.

"Every breath, every hour has come to this..."
Lupin has spend nearly his whole life as a werewolf. At one time, he had friends, but at this point all his friends are dead or traitors. He has spend his whole life suffering, and now it is finally his chance to have a happy ending. That's sort of what this lyric means to me, though I know it can be interpreted differently. :)

Erm, that's it. :)
~Elphie

frequent_vsitor

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:54 am
Name: Haunted
Ship: Romione, but only the part in the tent.
Why it reminds you of this ship: Taylor actually said that this song is about a relationship that was never meant to be and is going downhill. It actually reminds me of the moment when Hermione realizes that Ron is leaving her and she doesn't have any control over the situation. She's scared and just wants everything to be okay again.
And another Romione song to prove I LOVE Romione:
Name: Sparks Fly
Artist: Taylor Swift (I'm a big Swiftie...)
Ship: Romione
Why: This is such a great song about a relationship in which two people really just love each other. They balance each other out, just like Ron and Hermione. ("I'm on my guard for the rest of the world, but with you, I know it's no good.") Sometimes, they can't resist the urge to be together. ("Drop everything now...kiss me on the sidewalk." and "Oi! There's a war going on!")
-Ollie

frequent_contributor

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:19 pm
@Elphie: Well honestly A Thousand Years is just a general love song so any couple could relate to it really. I just prefer Dramione or any persay, "forbidden love" couple or "completely opposite" couple.
okay playlist, help me find another song... i can't... *sigh* Although right now the song that's hitting me right in the feels in "Carry On" by fun. omg i cant why is it making me want to break down and sob in a fetal position why.

new

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 am
Name:Story of us Artist:Taylor Swift Ship:Carry(Cho/Harry) Why:Because well the lyrics are perfect for it.Check it.

regular_contributor

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:20 pm
Song Title: Forever Yours
Artist: Sunrise Avenue
Ship It Reminds You Of: GICO! (Ginny/Draco)
Why?: Because it shows the way Draco/Ginny works, in my mind:
There are times I can leave my heart wide open
There are days I believe I can heal wounds on me
This can speak for both of them: Draco is afraid to let the world see the "real him", not a Death Eater or an overconfident young man but a scared, vulnerable boy. Ginny hides behind a mask, too (not in canon), pretending to be dynamic and indifferent while in fact there's a lot of problems she doesn't talk about (Percy; her family risking their lives in the Order; Sirius' and Dumbledore's deaths, etc.)

There are times, I could come to you and hurt you, I could easily bring you tears, I know you
This line speaks about how they hate each other, and despite the fact that they had begin to care and fall for each other, they still try to pursuade themselves that they hate each other

These screams, they wake me up in the night
They violently fill my room
They keep me awake, I hate you
"Screams" here is a metaphor for the feelings they feel for each other (love, but so covered by hate they are just two confused lost souls). They hate each other because they love each other. They're not supposed to love each other, so they hate the fact that they love each other. Get it?

CHORUS! (finally...)

I will find something more, someone I am made for
...That's the part where they admit they're not "made for each other", neither are "meant to be" or anything of the short
Shame on you baby, forever yours
Shame on you because I love you, and that no matter how they're no MEANT to be together and are not SUPPOSED to be together, they finally come to the point they admit to themselves that hey, they're in love! With the wrong person, and they know it, but somehow they gotta make it work

Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: Well, Gico has been growing on me. I like how I've got them figured out in my head. Other than that, I did not include all the song lyrics because they'd most likely be edited out and don't really mean anything to me :)
~Anne

frequent_contributor

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:20 am
OMG IM SO MAD THERE IS LIKE NO FREDDIN COUPLE IN HP THAT FITS ANY SONG I AM INTO RIGHT NOW. (That includes Carry On by fun., Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men, Shake It by Metro Station, and Greenback Boogie by Ima Robot why are you so hard to relate to???)

...♦ Twinktoes8...

Baby wanna be a queen

l   .

We all deserve better things

n  s  .  

~Greenback Boogie~

(ima robot)

frequent_vsitor

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 am
Lol I can't believe I didn't realize someone already did Haunted for Romione... gmta I guess!
Without Further Ado...
So I've decided to shuffle my iPod and think of a good ship for whatever song comes up.
Song Title: The Way I Do
Artist: Written by Darren Criss for the musical "Starship." Performed by Merideth Stepien, Dylan Saunders, Denise Donovan and Joey Richter.
Ship It Reminds You Of: Hm... Dravender(which I don't even ship but it works with this song! Actually, I don't think anyone ships it. Lol.)
Why? Ooh, so many reasons! So, this is from a musical so it's a bit hard to go line by line... It's about a robot and a farm boy who fall in love. Obviously Draco not a robot and Lavender is not a farm boy.
But.
It still works. Like in the line, They say you can't feel with a heart made of steel, but you can't say that steel ain't strong. Draco doesn't really open up. He puts up a steely, unbreakable front by being a bully, but deep down, he's just a scared kid. ( Now I may be dumb, but where I come from folks say they're fine when I know that they're blue. ) The only thing that doesn't really work is, in Starship, MegaGirl who sings the part that applies to Draco doesn't think that she is important. Draco obviously does.
Onto the Lavender part- Lavender applies to the part MegaGirl sings about Tootsie. I like this because I don't think Draco really approves of giggly, boy-crazy, slightly ditzy girls like Lavender. ( Your kind is frail and weak and I want to destroy you all ) Now obviously Draco doesn't want to destroy girls like Lavender. But he's very down-to-business, especially in the 6th book. But then Draco might start to see past that and see that Lavender is really a great person. ( But for some reason why, when you look at me I don't want to be programmed this way, believe when I say you're the one anomaly. ) She's not ruthless and polished and super-smart, but she's kind and brave and confident. Draco no longer wants to be "programmed" to only like girls who are like him. Lavender is also the one exception to him only liking girls like himself.
The second part with Bug and February doesn't really apply, and it's about something completely different. :(
Sorry if I confused you! This is from a musical, so it's all... Weird.
-Ollie
PS: Tootsie/MegaGirl is my non-HP OTP!

new

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:20 am
Name:Vanilla Sky Artist:Owl City Ship It Reminds You Of:Ginnary Why:Here are the lycris The star lean down to kiss you and I lie awake and miss you Remember Harry misses Ginny when he out hunting horcruxes. Pour a heavy dose of atmosphere cuz I'll doze safe and soundly When Harry thinks of Ginny he'll fall asleep safe and sound But I'll miss your arms around me I'll send a postcard to you dear Okay I know the postcard thing doesn't make sense just ignore it.Anyway the to part I don't need to explain. Cause I wish you were here (Instrumental) Harry wishes Ginny was here. I'll watch the night turn light blue But it not the same without you It explain it on it own Because it takes two to whisper quietly The silence isn't so bad. I don't need to explain. Till I look at my hands and feel sad Cause the space between my fingers Are right where your fits perfectly I don't need to explain I'll find repose in new ways Though i haven't slept in two days Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone Like Harry could stayed up all night think about Ginny and checking the marauders map for her But drenched in vanilla twilight I'll on the front porch all night Waistdeep in thought because when I think of you I don't feel so alone So instead of front porch,Harry could be sitting outside of the tent checking the marauder map for Ginny. (Instrumental) I don't feel so alone(2x) No need to explain. As many times I blink I'll think of you tonight (Instrumental) No need to explain. I'll think of you tonight (Instrumental) No need to explain. When violet eyes get brighter And heavy wings grows lighter I'll taste the sky I'll feel alive again And I'll forget the world I knew but I swear I wont forget you Oh if my voice could reach Back through the past I'd whisper in your ear Oh darling I wish you were here So ya.I think I should change violet to blue.I think it describe Ginny and Harry snogging in the past and how he wished she was here. (Instrumental) Ends Anything else?:Nothing Really.

regular_contributor

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:30 am
Song Title: Angie
Artist: The Rolling Stones :)
Ship It Reminds You Of: George/Angelina
Why?: If “Angie” is taken as a pet name for Angelina, then we have the perfect song George could sing to her after Fred’s death. Well in my head, George and Angelina grew closer and tried to comfort each other, eventually getting into a relationship. George believes, however, that their relationship is not what Fred would want it to be: they’re too gloomy, rarely laugh and always think about him (in my head!). So, believing they’ll be happy with someone else, he tells her they’d better stop dating, though he still loves her (I still love you baby, but ain’t it time we say goodbye?)
When will those clouds will disappear? could mean “when will the wounds of the war be over, when will we be able to enjoy living again?
And the line before the final one ain’t it good to be alive? means, in their case, that despite all that had happened to them, the best thing they have to do is move on and enjoy life, something they haven’t been doing together.
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: Personally, I believe in the end they just found a way to get together, and gotten married :) And this song is too awesome

And since I did a Stones song, let’s DO THE BEATLES!

Song Title: Life Goes On (Obladi, Oblada) (WITH MY OWN EDITS)
Artist: THE BEATLES (But the horrid edits belong mostly to me…)
Ship It Reminds You Of: Molly/Arthur (PLEASE read the “why?” thingy below) Why?: LET ME EXPLAIN the little story behind this
During my final months in 6th grade (it was right after I had finished reading HP for the first time) our music teacher was doing some short of choir with the 6th graders, and we got to sing some songs for the “end of the year” little celebration thingy we did. We did two Beatles songs, Yellow Submarine and Obladi Oblada.
Now, of course, since both I and my friend were totally OBSESSED with HP, we couldn’t help but mention it every two sentences.
And we had this thing, to relate EVERY SINGLE SONG WE HEARD to HP (though I still do that… XD)
And of course, when you read “Molly” in a song, you just think of Molly Weasley, right?
(THESE TIMES WERE GOLDEN. GOLDEN.)
So we have:
Arthur has his office in the Ministry, Molly is the singer in a band
Arthur says to Molly “girl I like your face”, Molly smiles as she takes him by the hand (LOL! I can’t picture Molly as a singer.)
Obladi, Oblada, life goes on, man!
La la, oh la life goes on…
This line pretty much explains Molly and Arthur, how they live together, have 7 kids, bring them up, live through 2 wars, take risks and make great sacrifices and in the end receive peace and victory
The rest of the song is pretty much edited like the first lines listed above, the most remarkable edit (and my favorite) is this:
In a couple of years they had Burrow, sweet home
With seven kids running in the yard
Of Arthur and Molly Weasley
(I know it’s quite weird to say this, as these… alternate lyrics are mine, but it’s quite touching, I think)
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: I believe the tune really suits Molly and Arthur, for some reason. Thoughts?

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 pm
Song Title: Sweet Pea
Artist: Amos Lee
Ship It Reminds You Of: DRAPPLE <3
Why?:
Alright, now this is silly, but it goes like:
Sweet pea, APPLE of my eye
WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO THINK?
Anything Else About This Song And Ship: DRAPPLE FTFOV! And the tune suits them :D

contributor

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:28 am
Song Title: I Hate Everything About You Artist: Three Days Grace Ship It Reminds You Of: Dramione. Why?: I think it should be fairly obvious, no? So many TDG songs remind me of Draco individually, too... GAH. *fangirl feels*

new

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:44 am
Song title: Breathe. Artist: Taylor Swift. Ship: Snilly (Snape/Lilly) Why: " 'Cause none of us thought it was going to end that way" Snape just called Lilly a Mudblood, which was probably unexpected. "And I can't breathe without you" Snape really loves her and hates life without her. "But I have to" Obviously, nothing is going to change her mind, so he has no choice but to live without her, no matter how miserable is makes him. "Never wanted this, never wanted to see you hurt." Voldy just killed Lilly, which Snape obviously didn't want. "Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve" He tried to convince Voldy not to kill Lilly, and then to convince Dumbledore to protect her, but in the end there was nothing he could do.

frequent_vsitor

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:43 am
Song Title: Running Through Rivers
Artist: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Ship it reminds you of: Nuna!
Why?: I love this song's innocence and whimsy. It totally sounds like something Luna would sing.
I've heard stories and tales about puppets and whales but never heard stories of you Luna talks about how she knows all these things about nargles and crumple horned snorcacks and etc, but she doesn't know much about Neville and he fascinates her.
I've been searching for someone to share my adventures and you seem quite perfect. Is this not the cutest? I can just picture Luna and Neville going off on adventures together.
So come running, come running, come running through rivers...{some more repitition} We'll show them what living can be I think Luna would help Neville really see the world and love life... Also after the war she'd make him feel better.
A princess needs a friend where the laughter won't end, that's more than a prince who can charm. I think Neville would fall in love with Luna and she'd kind of friendzone him, but after a while, she'd realize she really does like him in that way.
Aaaaand... ANOTHER CARRIE HOPE FLETCHER SONG! Yay!
Song Title: Tell Me
Artist: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Ship it reminds you of: Hinny <3
Why?:
If you asked me, I'd pretend I'm okay. Ginny holds her feelings in a lot.
'Cause I'd wait forever and a day They both do a lt of waiting for each other during the war and stuff.
Tell me you'll fight, tell me that you won't let go when I need you the most in the night Ginny wants Harry to keep fighting because she can't bear the thought of losing him. And Harry is afraid something bad will happen to Ginny at Hogwarts under control of the Death Eaters.
Tell me that I'm not crazy to think you could love me, I think you could love me, I think you could love me Ginny's liked Harry since she was eleven, and she doesn't want to give up on the hope that he could love her back.
By the way, if you've never heard of Carrie Hope Fletcher, look her up. She's really good, I pinky promise! (And those who watch her videos will see what I did there :))
-Ollie

new

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm
Song: Good Girls go Bad Artist: Cobra Starship SAhip: Dramione (Draco/Hermione) Why: Cuz in the 3rd book, Draco makes Hermione punch him... get it?

frequent_vsitor

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:27 pm
Song: Innocent
Ship: Drastoria
Why:
Guess you really did it this time/Left yourself in your warpath/Lost your balance on a tightrope/Lost your mind tryin' to get it back After the war, Draco feels horrible about helping Voldemort. He's trying to get his life back together.
It's all right, just wait and see/Your string of lights is still bright to me Astoria is the only one who trusts Draco now and wants to give him another chance.
Who you are is not where you've been, you're still an innocent. Astoria believes that Draco isn't a bad person deep down
Did some things you can't speak of/But at night you live it all again I love the idea of both of them not being able to sleep at night having nightmares about the war so they Floo-call each other.
It's okay, life is a tough crowd Everyone pretty much hates Draco for helping Voldemort and hates Astoria for being with Draco because she's "betraying" them.
Time turns flames to embers After a while, people start to see that neither of them are really bad.

frequent_contributor

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:04 am
I'm sorry, but I am too emotionally wrecked by the Dramione tag on blogs to make official forms so I will just post Dramione songs okay?

My Fault by Imagine Dragons
Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford & Sons
well actually thats it BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS THIS IS NOT OKAY I AM NOT OKAY THE FEELS

...♦ Twinktoes8...

Baby wanna be a queen

l   .

We all deserve better things

n  s  .  

~Greenback Boogie~

(ima robot)

regular_contributor

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 pm
Wow, so many people have actually posted songs since the last time I replied here...
Thanks a lot you guys, ilu and you should know... (plus, I do actually check out the songs you suggest, certainly not all, but a fair lot of them. And many of them are currently in my mp4)

@Twinktoes: What's wrong? Y U EMOTIONAL? :*( *is worried*

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:52 am
Song title: This Time

Artist: INXS (This really obscure but pretty good band my mom loves. She actually met this band, minus the lead singer. They liked my dad's beard.)

Ship it Reminds you Of: Romione

Why: The chorus is Will this time be the last time that we will fight like this. Ron and Hermione are constantly arguing, but always make up.

Anything Else: Not really.

Hippolyte: I really like that song for Molly and Arthur!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:59 am
Song: Something

Artist: The Beatles

Ship: Ginnary

Why: I honestly don't know. It'll come to me eventually. . .

Anything Else: No.

new

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:40 pm
Song: The Prince's tale Artist: The Butter beer experience Ship : Snilly Why: It speaks of their love when they where were young, kind of like crush meant Anything else: no

new

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:44 am
Song:Red Artist:Taylor Swift Ship:Rovender(Ron/Lavender) Why:It explain how Lavender loved Ron and how she felt he left her for Hermione. Anything else:None

regular_contributor

Thu May 30, 2013 2:22 am
BUMP!

regular_contributor

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:16 pm
BUMP!

contributor

Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 am
Song: "Turn to Stone"
Artist: Ingrid Michaelson
Ship: Dramione
Why: The song is about learning to forgive and make amends... My idea of Dramione involves Hermione learning to forgive Draco for treating everyone so poorly in the books. (What follows is just the first stanza)
Let's take a better look
beyond a story book

In my opinion, it's hard to ship Dramione just based on what happens in the books. (Obviously this isn't what she means in the song, but its one way to apply it. ;))
And learn our souls are all we own
before we turn to stone

The whole muggle-born dilemma, along with their past feuds, doesn't really matter. The only thing that really matters are their feelings for each other.
There's a little more, but I don't think that necessarily applies specifically to Dramione.

And in honor of Hippolyte:
Song: Breakable
Artist: Ingrid Michaelson
Ship: Snape & Heartbreak
Why: I think once Lily chose to be with James, Snape built a sort of protective wall around himself. He doesn't seem to care about anyone other than himself, even though we learn that in fact he does. I love this song, and I think it describes Snape's thought process as he builds his wall. Also, the part of the chorus where it says "girls and boys" suggests that he isn't just thinking about himself being breakable, but also Lily, referring to how she died. (What follows is just the first stanza and the chorus)
Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess
And to stop the muscle that makes us confess.

And we are so fragile
and our cracking bones make noise
and we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.
.Foreverelephant.
"No ordinary wings I'll need,
The sky itself will carry me
back to you.
The things I dream that I can do,
I'll open up the moon for you."
--Sara Bareilles, "One Sweet Love"♡♥

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:26 pm
Elphie.
Elphie no this is serious.
What did you just did do you realize this "in honor of" and Breakable and everything is a bit too much for my poor little system right now?

Thank you for... everything? Introducing me to such a lovely song? I love Breakable and didn't know it before :cry:.
And Snape & Heartbreak, someone actually did it, you actually did it you don't know how much this means... omg where is the hug simley? The STACKS need a hug smiley. Like, this -> :)<- is you and -> :cry: <- is me now just imagine me hugging you.

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hippolyte

contributor

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:26 am
@Hippolyte:
*hugs back* :) I'm kind of in an Ingrid Michaelson obsession right now, so... I would totally recommend her, because she is just perfect and amazing. :shock:
Anyway... I didn't mean "In honor of" to sound so serious, I was just thinking of you so I mentioned that. :P
.Foreverelephant.
"No ordinary wings I'll need,
The sky itself will carry me
back to you.
The things I dream that I can do,
I'll open up the moon for you."
--Sara Bareilles, "One Sweet Love"♡♥

regular_contributor

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:26 pm
BUMP!

regular_contributor

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:45 pm
@Elphie: well I still do appreciate this a lot, I mean someone actually ships Snape and Heartbreak thanks to me, it was short of expected I'd freak out.
Oh I actually downloaded both Turn to Stone and Breakable, and I also love (love love) Winter Song (wif Sara Bareilles- though I still like Sara better, but the two together are glorious!)

Song Title: Violet Hill
Artist: Coldplay (my love)
Ship: Narcissa/Lily, aka Flower Power, Narcilly, Lilissa, whichever
Why: First off, let's point out that lily and narcissus are flowers, as are violets. Narcissus was the lad who fell in love with himself so much he tuned the entire world out (and died because of his never-ending vanity). Lily is one of the symbols of the Virgin Mary, herself symbol of purity and selfless-ness.

Clearly I remember, from the windows they were watching
While we froze
Down below

This (along with the first lyrics, not included as they're not as necessary) could be all about how their love would be "forbitten". At their time, a pure-blood witch in love with a Muggle-born would be bad enough, a Muggle-born witch would make it even worse, something Narcissa's society could never forgive to her. These lyrics show how helpless the two would be, had their romance happened: they would most likely end up being murdered, by Voldermort himself or some Death Eater while the world would watch them, unable to help them or unable to forgive them.

If you love me, won't you let me know?
This could practically do for the both of them, being in love and yet not able to let each other know because of social position, blood status, gender and perhaps personal insecurities of each.

So if you love me, why'd you let me go?
I believe that, had something romantic, ever, occured between Lily and Narcissa, it was beautiful but left unsaid, the same way one does not step on snow not to ruin its still beauty. In the end, they both let go and fell in love with someone else (James and Lucious respectively) and had a, for their own world's standards, proper wedding and life. Yet they both regret it, but never turn back.

I took my love down to violet hill
"Violet" here symbolises... coming to an agreement. Not being Lily or Narcissa but Violet. Violets are not lilies, not narcissuses, the have no position in what's going on, no opinion, they're not part of whatever they fill for each other. They're uninhabited zone.
There we sat in snow
What I said before (it's too cheesy to repeat it, about snow and not stepping on it)
And all that time, she was silent still
Because everything between them was left unsaid
If you love me, won't you let me know?
No, they didn't.

Anything Else: I just love how tragically beautiful this ship can be.
Alright, honestly, I had never considered "Violet Hill" for them, it just turned up on a shuffle game, and I decided I loved it.
Many of the lyrics may at first sight not work, but they could all symbolise the war and all the obstacles between them. :P

regular_contributor

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 pm
BUMP!

contributor

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 pm
How could this thread have possibly faded to the third page of the boards?? BUMP.
Song title: Winter Song
Artist: Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles (AKA the greatest two people on this planet)
Ship: Draco and Myrtle! (I'm not giving up on this one.)
Why:
Well, mainly, Is love alive? I mean how perfect is that. Myrtle is dead, Draco is living -- is love exclusively meant for the living? Winter can be interpreted as a metaphor for death:

They say that things just cannot grow
beneath the winter snow
or so I have been told

Myrtle can never grow up because of her death, even as Draco will. If Draco dies, he'll never be able to grow either.

They say we're buried far
Just like a distant star
I simply cannot hold.

Myrtle is buried! Draco can't really hold her and she can't hold him... They're both obviously in distant worlds.

I still believe in summer days
the seasons always change
and life will find a way

There is hope for them-- "life will find a way" -- Draco is desperate to "find a way" for things to work.

This is my winter song.
December never felt so wrong,
cause you're not where you belong;
inside my arms.

Again, Myrtle can't be in Draco's arms... He's in love with her but she's dead. :cry:

Is love alive?

~Elphie♥♪

regular_contributor

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:56 pm
@foreverelephant: Thank you for this bumping! And your post is brilliant!
I love this song! I love these singers! And you have no idea how much I ship Draco/Myrtle after this- you know, it was not supposed to be a ship I'd take seriously. NOW THANKS TO YOU, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE. I ship it. No, I'm serious about. Is love alive? Who said love is only for the living now I have feels and I shall never see this song the same way again
You're making Draco/Myrtle heartbreaking and tragic, get out Elphie (no, don't, you're a good contributer to this thread and thanks again)

(Oh, also... do you know the song "Winter" by Tori Amos? It's the kind of song I'm sure you'll like. I listen to it again and again because it's awesome but I never put it on repeat because eventually "Winter Song" comes right after and it's perfection.

contributor

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:42 am
@Hippolyte: AHH! YES! You're converted! :P (I am serious about this ship too. :)) Thanks for your awesome reply. I have heard "Winter" before but I definitely have to listen to it again. :D
~Elphie♥

regular_contributor

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:52 am
Song Title: Lucky
Artist: (remember, giving credit to the artist is important) Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Calliet
Ship It Reminds You Of: Ron/Hermione
Why?: They are best friends that love each other.
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: I dunno what the song is about, but both Colbie and Jason are good singers.
Song Title: Some Nights
Artist: (remember, giving credit to the artist is important) F.U.N.
Ship It Reminds You Of: Harry/Ginny Why?: Well, once you think about it, one of the lyrics, Some nights I wish this war would end, 'cause I could use some friends for a change, since there is the Battle of Hogwarts and, Ginny might have admirers but not friends besides Harry, her brothers, Hermione, and Luna. Also, Harry might've saved her during the time she was tricked by Voldemort to write stuff in blood on the walls. I'm scared you'll forget me again, Ginny is scared that Harry would forget about her again, and so is Harry, since at the same time, while he liked Cho, she liked him, but when that didn't end well, she was dating someone else.
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: I like this song.

contributor

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 am
@Technologygirl: "I dunno what the song is about, but both Colbie and Jason are good singers." :lol: Thank you! You just made my day. :D
~Elphie♥

regular_contributor

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm
@foreverelephant: sure thing. By the way, I don't know what the other song is about either, but F.U.N. is a cool band.

regular_contributor

Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:29 pm
Song Title: Someone Like You
Artist: (remember, giving credit to the artist is important) Adele
Ship It Reminds You Of: Ron/Lavender
Why?: Well, it reflects on how much Lavender is heartbroken when Ron ends up with Hermione. I mean, come on. Yeah, sure, she was clingy and all, but don't you think she had feelings? I do. Anyways, she wants to find someone like Ron, since she loves him, and Ron didn't return the feelings towards Lavender.
Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: The song is perfect for them, and Adele is my fave singer.
Song Title: Teenage Dream Artist: (remember, giving credit to the artist is important)Katy Perry
Ship It Reminds You Of: Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny. Why?: Well, after Ron and Lavender break up, Hermione feels like she is having a teenage dream, and when Harry ends up with Ginny, they feel that way as well, after the war. Anything Else About This Song And Ship?: I like this song and have it on my iPod.

regular_contributor

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:05 am
Song title: Come Home
Artist: OneRepublic ft. Sara Bareilles
Ship: Lily and James
Why:
Because I believe this song perfectly illustrates the relationship and feelings between Lily and James.
It's mostly a song about being young and in love and naive.

It begins with
Hello world,
hope you're listening
Forgive if I'm young
for speaking out of turn

James and Lily are obviously very young, but they still join a war and get married, because they know it's now or never and it's important that they have each other in the middle of all this madness

There's someone I've been missing
I think that they could be
the better half of me
They're in the wrong place trying to make it right
But I'm tired of justifying

This could be about how they are in love with each other and the world is trying to put sense in their minds, about them being too young, too unprepared, immature, and so on and they are tired of explaining that what they feel is true, because they don't owe anyone an explanation

So I'll say you
Come home, come home
Cause I've been waiting for you
For so long, so long

This is the first part of the chorus, and it's very important for James and Lily, in my opinion. James has been waiting for Lily to fall for him like he has for her, and Lily has (perhaps unwittingly) waiting for James to mature and for him to show her the good person he really is, instead of pursuing her with all the wrong ways.

If all the sons, if all the daughters
stopped to take it in [the beauty of the world]
then hopefully the hate subsides
and the love can begin
it might start now
well maybe I'm just dreaming out loud

This very much is about them being in the war, young but brave.
And then it goes

But until then
Come home, come home...

At the end of the chorus, the ultimate Jily quote is said:

And right now there's a war between the vanities

Which is very much true, whether about the real war or James and Lily "struggling" to stay together

But all I see is you and me
And the fight for you is all I've ever known

Seriously? If that's not Jily, I don't know what is. The fight for you... that's definitely something James would say, and why not Lily? After all, she has no real reason to stay in the wizarding world and fight in a war in a world when barely seven years ago she hardly knew existed and she could very well hide in the safety of the Muggle world, expect she cares for the wizarding world, she has her morals and priorities and she has James. She was just as much in love with him as he was with her.

Then it goes about them being each other's better half and chorus again, Jily, cheers.

[ 84 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team