Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  

How many main characters should be in the book?
only 1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 would be nice 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
3 or 4... 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
lots! 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
 The Unknown: prologue
new

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi everyone! I'm working on a new book call The Unkown. It's where, how we usually call it, "the unknown" are real creatures. Quill and her friends are in a kingdom with an old kind and desperate for allies to help deafeat The Unknown. Although it's a little harder done then said, for you can only see the Unknown when your asleep. This is the prologue I hope you enjoy! please give any ideas or opinions! Sorry if there is grammar mistakes i miss a good bit if i stare at the type for too long ;)

THE UNKNOWN: prologue

There are quite a bit of rumors circling around our kingdom, rumors about one topic and nothing else. Some people laugh, “Oh, it’s just in your head!” whenever you breath of it. Some yell, “Just an old wives-tale!” even though deep down they know something is there. Some people even force themselves not to believe it, telling everyone ,“You can’t give anything that name as if your talking about something you can’t see. It’s not real! It’s gibberish! Nothing like it exist.. go gossip to someone else young one!” or something along those lines. Depending who you come across in our kingdom. 

But I know it’s not a wives-tale. I know you can touch it, feel it, and even die from it very easily. Although yes, it is “just in your head”, but in another way than most imagine. It’s in your dreams.

It’s a dream so real that if you get lost in that dream you wake up miles from your house. It’s a dream so real that if you were kicked or punched or knocked over the head, you wake up aching for a pack of ice to sooth the pain. It’s a dream so real that if you slip a clock in you pocket, you wake up with that very clock ticking away in your clothes. A dream so real that if you die in that dream… you won’t wake up at all.

My name is Quill Downford, and I survived The Unknown.

Re: The Unknown: prologue
new

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:56 pm

This sounds like an amazing story! I'd love to read it when you're done with the first chapter! Keep it up!!wink

Re: The Unknown: prologue
new

Tue May 23, 2017 3:46 pm

it sounds great !yes

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team