Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 THE WISH (Prologue)
new

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:40 pm

PROLOGUE

As Cassie passed Mrs. Fieldman's all-grey house, which her husband had been trying to paint light blue for years, it reminded her of her life. To her, her life was completly BORING. As she walked she thought about her family and her friends. She had thought alot about running away but then she always thought "Will this change my problems?" and the answer is always "No". Cassie knew magic wasn't real,but right then she didn't care. So she made a wish. A wish that said, "On June 5th this summer, somthing will happen that will change my life."

When Cassie walked through her front gate she told herself ,"Cassie, that was a stupid thing to wish for".

But what was coming in store was NOT stupid. -EK

Re: THE WISH (Prologue)
new

Tue May 29, 2012 12:59 pm
Great! I know you did this a while ago but can you continue? Sounds cool. You seriously have talent!

frequent_vsitor

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:51 pm
That was good, but kind of short for a prologue. Maybe this would be an excerpt as in on the back of the book or something. Another thing is when you put, "BORING" that is not the best thing to do in terms of writing. Sounds pretty good though! ~Ella

new

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 pm
Thanks so much "Midsummersparrow5" I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm
Wow! I think that was pretty cool! It sounds like something I would want to read. It makes me ask questions, like, "Why June 5th? :) I love this!! I can't wait to read more. ;)

new

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:56 pm
YAAAAAYYYYY! thanks 4 all your great replies!!

new

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:20 pm
Wow. Keep writing it! This has me so interested....post more! You are a really talented writer. I can't wait to see what happens next.

new

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:25 pm
THX everyone!

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team