General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 The Write It Awards 2009
frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Hello everyone! Are you ready for the Write It Awards 2009? It's time to start nominating!

So this is how it works - The Write It Awards have seven categories. This is your chance to gain more attention over the boards and pinpoint the people who you think should be recognized for their skills and dedication, etc. They're the big award for this board system and are controlled by a member of the boards every year. I will select a new leader for the Awards 2010 at the beginning of next year.

There are awards on each of the boards, six of which are generally the same, one of which is special to the board itself. The categories are outlined below. What you do first, on this post, is nominate two people for each category, not yourself, and not me for any. Then I'll make a list of everyone nominated and you can vote once for each. I'll count votes and declare winners, at which point I'll do an Overall vote on the General board.

So here are the categories:

~ Best Writer

~ Most Contributing

~ Most Dedicated to the Boards

~ Most Dedicated to Writing

~ Best Newcomer (has to have joined the board within 2009 - look them up by        

username and find their earliest post's date. If it's a situation where someone who

was already a member made another new profile for whatever reason, they don't

count)

~ Most Likely to Write a Famously Beautiful/Tear-Jerking Piece

~ Best Memoir (here you nominate not the writer but the piece)

So now, start nominating! And good luck to everyone - hope you have fun!

It means either he really hates you, or he really likes you...
Harmless.

Kira

Re: The Write It Awards 2009
frequent_contributor

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:14 pm
My nominations:

Best Writer: chelshinkat and Winky

Most Contributing: elephantlover5 and xoVANILLaxo

Most Dedicated to the Boards: chocoholic28 and elephantlover5

Most Dedicated to Writing: Not2Bad and FlowerFunRainbowRacer

Best Newcomer: Not2Bad and Sneakeysneaky

Most Likely to Write a Famously Beautiful/Tear-Jerking Piece: Sneakeysneaky and BiracialButterfly

Best Memoir: "Missing You, Come Back" by Sneakysneaky and "Ruby coated Lies" by TwinkieBlinkie

It means either he really hates you, or he really likes you...
Harmless.

Kira

Re: The Write It Awards 2009

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:42 pm
I am not in high school, believe it or not.

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team