Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  

Should I continue?
1. Yes 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
2. No 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
3. I don't really care 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 The year is 3206...
new

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:25 am

Prologue

It had been a few years since the war of 3206. A few years since the creatures had come from the planet Gon. The world was left desolate, too broken to repair. Buildings, cities, people, had been burnt to the ground. Life had to start anew. Left in ashes the popular life was. But, in a time that would most likely be riddled with pain and sorrow, there was an upburst of joy. A rebellion had broken out of the midst and fog of vapor. 

Chapter 1

Melanie

Melanie burst out the front doors of the cafe. She readied the stables and opened the back door. Her brother, Sloan, opened the door. "Come on Melanie, the morning crew is coming. We have no time to waste!" Melanie shook her head and sighed. "No, Sloan, I need to take lock the gate and open the hatch." Sloan nodded. "Okay, I'lljust make the smoatberry muffins." Melanie bit her lip, "On second thought- the gate and the hatch can wait. I'll make the smoatberry muffins." Sloan nodded. "Good idea." 

Kathy

Kathy's mom is a human, her dad, a creature. He was from the planet Gon. Her dad's name was Fol, he mom, Jannei. Jannei had been put into the Fol's camp, and that is where they met. Fol had not wanted to be on Gon's side, but managed to keep pride in his planet. This is why Jannei admired him. But still- it was still a little odd that her new father had 3 horns sticking out of his forehead and spikes coming out of  his wrists and blue skin. But besides those three things- he was completely normal. "Hey Kat, want to go to 'The White Sower' with me?" Fol asked that morning. Kathy sighed, and nodded. "Sure Fol." Fol chuckled- "Now, none of that 'Fol' nosense, you will call me Dad." Kathy nodded hesitantly. "Ok- dad."

Re: The year is 3206...
new

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:02 pm

An addition...

Rich(ard)

Rich wiped his sweaty brow and sniffed. He'd been working for the factory for a long time- and he still hadn't gotten used to the smell that exuded from the oven whenever the womping bird inside turned over. He took out the bird and set it on the shipping table. A little too well done- but- it would have to do. Then the gong sounded. The buisness manager- a creature from Gon- strode into the room on his middle and front pair of legs. His back legs were folded on his back. "Cohfsd", He grunted. Rich nodded, pretending he understood. He put his gas mask on  the rack and followed the buisness manager out the door. 

Chapter 2

Melanie

"Here you go, Foni." Melanie said politely. Samuel nodded his flabby head and grunted, recieving the warm cup of golper cider. Melanie grimaced and bustled away. Foni was her only customer that had come from the planet Gon. He was nice enough but Melanie had always had sneaking suspicions about him. She made a beeline for the kitchen and took out the platter of smoatberry muffins she had been toasting in the oven. She set them on the display stand and rang the bell. "Here's some more muffins, help yourselves." The hungry crowd licked their lips and drew near like flies to a flame. 

new

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 pm

That is really cool!But 1 part needed revising,you typed he instead of her.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!yesheart

new

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Thank you kittenfairy. :)

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team