Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Trapped please read!
new

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Scene 1

Two identical twins standing across from each other.It is dark,so you can't see their faces,you can only guess by their voices. They are both wearing identical silver rings.

Identical twin 1: (sighs)You know I can't let you do this Jon.

identical twin 2: Of course you can. You just have to close your eyes.(laughs warily)

Idenntical twin 1: You remembered.All those years ago.(his voice falters)Do you remember how happy we were-

Identical twin 2: HAPPY!!!(stomps foot)No one was happy then! I don't want to stay here!Repeating over,and over,and over again! I want to be free.Live my life!!! and I'm willing to do anything, anything!To make that dream come true.

Identical twin 1:Look at yourself. I know its hard Jon, it is for all of us. But what would father say? And mother? What about Rose?

Identical twin 2:(becomes deadly silent)Never.EVER. Speak their names again Liam.

Identical twin 1:I know.But we still have each other.And Roe.And Lucas.

Identical twin 2: I know.I know.But why.Why our world? Why our joy? Why our life?

Identical twin 1: I don't know. But we'll make it. We always have.

Scene 2:

A couple years earlier. Bright sunshiney day.Two young girls filling a bucket with water.Also twins, but not identical.The first one is really pretty,but the second one is plain.

Rose:It's only a couple days now.

Roe:I know.(sighs) I'm gonna miss you.(voice falters just a tad)

Rose:(starts to cry) I don't wanna leave you! I don't wanna die!

Roe:(hugs Rose)I don't want you to die either.

Rose:(kicks the bucket) It's not FAIR!

Roe:(shushes her)shh,now it will be alright.

Rose: But I'll never get to do so many things! Like kiss a boy! Get married! Have children!

Roe:Well, the first one is certaintly possible. Let's do it tomorrow!(acts excited)

Rose:(cheers up) yeah! but who will it be?

Roe:Why don't you sleep on it? We'll have a party in the morning!

Rose: With cake?

Roe: And ice-cream, and jelly-beans, and cupcakes!(starts laughing)

Rose: And my own personal entorage!!

Roe: Yes!(starts laughing so hard tears are streaming down her face)

Rose: I'm gonna have the BEST  party EVER!!

Roe:Yeah! With presents and everything!

Rose: And especially cake!

The two girls start laughing

Scene 3:

The next day. The young girl (Roe) is sitting in the identical twin 1(Jon's)lap.

They are both crying. It is very dark, like a stormy day.

Roe:(slams hand down)I hate it I hate it I hate it!(starts to cry)

Jon:I know.

Roe:This was gonna be her party!

Jon: I know.

Roe: She was gonna have fun! This was gonna be the best day of her life!!!

Jon: I know.

Roe:(screams in frustration) Is that all your gonna say!"I know"!

Jon:(sits quietly with his head down)

Roe: Ugh! (storms out of house)

Outside of the house. Identical twin 2(Liam) sits on a bench playing with a piece of grass.

Liam:Whats up with you?(tries to smile)

Liam:(looks into house) Oh. Give him a break ok? He was the one that got hit the hardest.I mean,he was their when it happened.

Roe:(looks guilty) I know but... it hurts. And it doesn't help that I wanna PUNCH the nearest person!!!

Liam:(scoots away a little) I know but, I mean, their not even really your parents.

Roe:(face gets really red) YOU KNOW WHAT! WHY DID I EVEN TRY TO TALK TO YOU! THEY WERE'NT ROSES PARENTS EITHER!YET YOU STILL ADORED HER!FORGET IT! Just forget it.(walks away)

Hope u like! Please comment on how I can improve!

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team