Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 Twisted Classroom Tales(Story #1)
regular_contributor

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:42 pm
I have decided to write a series of short stories called "Twisted Classroom Tales" about my mixed-up classroom. These stories are 100% real, but the percentage of these names being real are 0%. This is Story #1.
~~~~~~~

Toxic Waste

It was the fifth grade. My friend Hallie was passing out Toxic Waste candy, the world sourest candy. They were round, colored, and sour. Kind of like Smarties, but sour. Paper airplanes were flying around the room and people were shouting at the top of their lungs. My teacher, Ms.Jotario, wasn’t in the room. She was copying a whole bunch of math tests. Thank god. When Halliepulled out her Toxic Waste candy, the class stopped cold in their tracks, heat prickling up their backs. They all ran to her to get a taste of the sour candy. When Jacob ate his first one, he his lips got all puckered. He began to choke, and Hallie gave him a sip of water.

He had eaten the lemon Toxic Waste. He smiled and ate more. When Shane ates first blue raspberry, his eyes crossed. He went up to Ms.Jontario when he walked in and asked her about the nurse. She nodded and he left. All morning we were dazing in space because we all wanted more Toxic Waste. When Shane returned, looking more calm, we went to special.

We sat in the story corner. We were doing a unit on fiction, and where to find it. Shane was asked to switch Smartboard slides. Their motto was “Extraordinary Made Simple”. The class laughed at this motto. It was more like “Extraordinary Made Complicated”.

“May I sit down?” Shane whispered, restlessly.

The librarian hadn’t heard him. A few seconds later, we all wished she had. Shane got down on his knees. It then happened. The worst thing to ever happen in school. He puked, it all came out quickly. It was soon piled up on the floor, and we all turned away. The coughing and gagging was sickening to hear.

“Retreat!” Simon yelled, getting up and running to his table.

We all got out of our chairs and sat on top of our table. Simon winced when Shane began getting dry heaves. Mikayla looked at me and we both quivered.

“You can get your books now” the librarian said. “When you do, go to the computer lab.”

We all jumped up, avoiding Shane as he held his head low, tears and puke streaming inside the garbage can. He panted, sweat pouring off of him. The librarian buzzed the janitors who showed up like five seconds later. Man, they were fast! They’re like ghosts! They cleaned up the puke as I went to Natalia in the back of the library.

“It was the Toxic Waste” she declared to me. “He ate the one that makes you puke.”

I nodded, checked out “The Tangled Web”, and went straight to the computer room and sat to read. Adam sat next to me and I soon thought something.

The Toxic Waste had striked. It did its job. It took it’s toll on Shane.

Re: Twisted Classroom Tales(Story #1)
frequent_vsitor

Fri May 20, 2011 6:39 pm
That was good!  A little disgusting...  

Can't wait to read more!

visitor

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 pm
it was good

visitor

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:58 pm
:smileyvery-happy:I CHANGED THE NAMES TO PEOPLE IN MY CLASS! IT WAZ REALLY GROSS! NINJAS!

frequent_vsitor

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Nice. Like pie5343433 said... a little disgusting, but all the same hillarious! Can't wait to read more! smiley

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team