Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 wait for it...................

Wed May 09, 2012 9:20 pm
i am going to write a story called 'Eleven roads to nowhere', and i wan't ya'll to read it!
explainatory...............
1.Raven Poe is the main character,
2.Dylan gets posesed by a vampire,(oh, interesting...)
3.i'mma bne generous and not ruin the story......
-Jadeprincess

Re: wait for it...................

Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 pm
Raven Poe? You clever, clever child. That just screams of something Gothic. And pfft, Eleven Roads to Nowhere even has Lenore in it. Ahh, you clever child. Now, I have a few suggestions for you, as I just finished my Gothic unit in English: --Stereotypical gothic settings are in old, decrepit places, like ancient castles or old manor houses; but they can also be dark alleys of cities: basically, the places that you don't want to be stuck in on rainy, dark nights are the places that Gothic pieces use. Try playing around with those. --Your idea of a vampiric possession is interesting, so I'm wondering how it'll turn out. In my opinion, however, vampires are sooooooo overused these days: I've always liked taking a look at other myths. Why not try Asian or African myths? Norse, I feel, is also kind of undersung, and Native American myths to me are all but dead today. Any of them warrent a decent investigation, but mayhap that's just me though. --And, you being an insanely clever child, why not try to hid some Poe refrences in there? Make them like a treasure hunt, so your readers will think "OHMYGAWD THERE'S ONE! Is it? It could be... NOW I DON'T EVEN KNOW!" Play with them a little, unless, of course, that's not your style: in which case, disregard this. But still, it's worth a shot, eh? Yosh! I've said my piece. No onward, to enjoy more short stories, and enjoy my (surprisingly delicious) hot chocolate with whipped cream and a dash of maple syrup. Maple syrup tastes good on anything to me... XD ~Tarochan1412

Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 pm
um, yeah i plan on using some Poe refrences; such as something from 'the oblong box'.
as for vampires, there was a joke my BFF made, and when i came up with the story i decided to throw that in there.i also plan on using other myths, i'm going to look some up.
and DO NOT ADVERTISE ON MY THREADS! please.
sincerely
Jadeprincess

Tue May 29, 2012 12:47 am
Oh... I'm sorry, I wasn't intending to plug shamelessly; I try not to do that, since this is your post and everything. (I normally preface shameless plugging with "SHAMELESS PLUGGING NO JUTSUUUUU~!" or something along those lines.) I also tend to ramble a bit. Or more. Probably very evident in my ramble/post below. And your story honestly sounds really fun and really clever. I really cannot wait until you post it, just like I can't wait for the next HoO book. I'm that excited. Here's where I'll start shamelessly plugging, but not for my awful stories~ --Meaning once you put it out there, I am going to be hugely picky over grammer, spelling, word choice, et cetera, so please be prepared~ I'll do this (and encourage all of you chilling on the sidelines) to do be picky and specific, not just for your story, JP, but for everyone else's, since all I've ever seen is 'OMG its sooooooooo great luvvvv it' over an actual response (I apologize in advance to anyone who disagrees with my views on a constructive response, and to those who give my views on constructive responses, whom I am simply throwing in a metaphorical box of people who don't: Sorry, guys)... 'Cuz (insert perfered deity here) knows that I'd like something other than mindless ego stroking. Okay! End shameless plugging! Thanks for that!

contributor

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:36 pm
Celtic mythology is greatly underused, and a few Celtic mythological creatures could be quite a great idea. In the Welsh division of Celtic mythology, for example, there is a creature called the Cwn Annwn. It is a bright white dog with blazing red ears, and once a year a pack of Cwn Annwn (like moose and deer, the plural and singular are the same) chase all the demons in our world and either kill them or send them back to the dark world where they belong.

Since a character gets possessed by a vampire, perhaps during the Great Hunt of the Cwn Annwn, the dogs mistake him for being a true demon and he gets hunted.

Just a thought.

- Chimera

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 am
@Tarochan, 'OMG its sooooooooo great luvvvv it' is something i only do when im being silly. just to clarify.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:28 am
@chimeradragon WOWOWOWOW I AM LIKING THIS VERY MUCHLY SOMEONE NOW HAS TO DO THAT (XD got excited sorry) @jadeprincess I know, I do that too sometimes. Ii al2o type wiith a lii2p 2ometiime2. (I needed that moment of Sollux.) I'm also not begrudging you of your moments of silliness. Anyway... I'll be that screaming anon in the corner for when you start posting your work-- and chimeradragon and I might turn to each other in a highly cliche moment just to exclaim some garbled message about knowing you when. In a related note: can I have that oppertunity to be the screaming fangirl? (Meaning you'll post something soon?) 'Cuz I've always secretly wanted something to fangirl over. You get the drill, yeah? XD

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team