General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Wait, guys-I have a better idea than asking for names!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:38 am
Why not just post some of your favorite names here? This could just be a conglomerate--an organized one, mind you!-- of names, so we all dont have to stuggle in the character-naming prospect. I guess I'll start. Homestuck names: Dave, Jade, Roxy, Aradia, Meenah, Pyral, Spades, Jack... Precious Mineral Names Chrys (I normally employ that as a nixkname from Crystal, but you could potentially use it for Chrystofer. I have a friend who writes his name as Eryq.) Dia (It's short for Diamond, but could be used for Delilah, I suppose.) Ruby Jade (I know, but it fits in both places.) Gold Silver (these two are stretching it, I know. I need guy names here.) I'll post my super animu list at another time if anyone wants more names. If I need a name and nothing fits, I just borrow the names of my favorite characters or the people around me. That, or I try to make puns out of a character's nature, abilities, or hobbies (or out of my own.) I, personally, believe this was a stroke of genius on my part. (I should start buying bigger hats since my head is sweling to mammoth proportions. Me and my bigheadedness.)

Re: Wait, guys-I have a better idea than asking for names!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 am
Okay, I'm just going to copy, paste, and edit old posts that I've, well, posted... Here goes!

"Hikaru, Ryuu... Matoba, Araki... Kyo, Haru, Hatori, Heiji, Shinichi... Akai"

(these are names I use as fillers: they're from mangas.)

"I'd find names that could connect to your story somehow: like how some of the names in the PJ series match up to their character roles or to Greek myths (Castor and Pollux were actually twins in Greek myths...), or how (has anyone ever noticed this?) many Pokemon names are clever puns on the shape of the Pokemon itself.

"You could also head to baby names and find your favorites. Me, personally, I perfer to read mangas and pick out the names of my favorite characters, or simply my favorite names. Some of them are: Ai, Akai, James, Conan, Sera, Okiya, Sonoko, Makoto, Heiji, Kazuha...

"Sena, Hiruma, Musashi, Raimon (call him Monta: if you get the reference, I love you until next Tuesday), Juumonji...

"Train, Saya, Sven, Eve, Rinslet, Jenos, Sephira, Belze, Creed, Charden, Kyoko, Leon, Durham...

"Kakeru, Suguru, Ryuuchi, Makoto (Mako), Oda, Kaoru, Iwaki... Technically, I could keep going."

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team