General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 What a challenge I'm setting myself up for...
regular_visitor

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:14 pm
I'm going to write a musical WITHIN a musical.

Rock'n'Roll Hero
Kara Jackson, a young, idealistic singer, tries out for a musical ("Rock'n'Roll Hero" by Meat Loaf being her audition song) called Shades of Grey.
A group of disillusioned minor musicians also try out ("Rock'n'Roll Mercenaries" by Meat Loaf being THEIR audition song).
They all get casted and put on the show. In the scene and act breaks, and after the curtain goes down, personalities clash, fights blossom, and performances are sabotaged. I'm still not sure just how it'll conclude.

Shades of Grey
This is a world of black and white. You're a hero or a villain. When the Monster roams, the world divides into camps of the heroes and villains to defeat it.
Mae (played by Kara Jackson), tries being both a hero and villain, and finds she wants the goals of a hero by a villain's means.
And the world's first antihero shall find the Monster the world's first antivillain.

So, yeah, this'll be a challenge. I have to keep both short enough so that, combined, they aren't too long for a single performance, write characters playing characters, and make sure the Rock'n'Roll Hero scenes don't jerk you too far out of Shades of Grey. And also, I won't write a single song. I can't write songs. I'm just borrowing other people's.

But it'll be fun.

"What does it take to be a rock'n'roll hero,
just like the King?
Living your life in a blaze of glory,
sharing your songs with the world?"
-"Rock'n'Roll Hero", Meat Loaf.
"Black and white is how it should be,
but shades of grey are the colors I see."
-"Shades of Grey", Billy Joel.

Re: What a challenge I'm setting myself up for...
visitor

Fri May 18, 2012 7:06 pm

I've got dibs on playing Kara/Mae!

~Karalie Rose

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team