General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 what inspires a singer to sing?
new

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:04 pm
HEYYY GUYS! :D i need your help please :D 1:your screen name 2:what inspires you to write a song? 3:why do you sing? 4:what makes you wanna sing? THANKS GUYS!!!!!!! KEEP ROCKIN AND ANSWERIN MY QUESTIONS AND I WILL ALWAYS RELPY!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :p

Re: what inspires a singer to sing?
new

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:34 pm
my screen name:greenangel113 what inspires me to sing is when I'm at church and god is in the mist and u start to sing unto the grace of god and u just get so emotional and that is what inspires me to sing what about u

new

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey icecreamblue98!

My name is AQUABOLD30

What inspires me to write a song..... hm.. well you can't push it. When your in the moment is the best moment to write a song. Let's say you just experienced a break up. If you were to write a story about it what would you say? Write down what you would write I you were writing a story about the break up. It might go something like this

I loved you

I really not sure anymore

You broke my heart

Can you fix now?

No

Cause your a jerk

I not being unreasonable

and etc. once you have all the lyrics you want in your song THEN worry about the tune you will find something

I sing because it's fun. A lot of people have the attitude exactly like this "If I have a good voice then I can go try out for one of the singing shows ad get rich and famous" That takes all the fun right out of it

What makes me want to sing is very difficult to explain. When you hear a song you like no matter how hard you try to get it out of your head it won't go. You suddenly get all happy and emotional. Then, you sing the song and learn the extent of your own voice. You keep on trying and it works out.

I am inspired that you asked such a question. Don't Give Up! Your voice may not perfect at first trust me mine wasn't. You will get it though. Friend Me Please!

Your Friend,

AQUABOLD30

new

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Hey icecreamblue98! Rockin' question!

1. I'm bluecat2757.

2. When you write a song, first you think of a melody that keeps your heart making summersaults. When you find it, you adjust the lyrics (my favorite part, I'm a gifted poet!) Something like this:

At first I was a little star

And then I started writing,

And then I became a poet girl

And I was so delighted.

3. Singing is just fun! I have lots of favorite songs, like "Black or White" (Michael Jackson) and "Mamma Mia" (ABBA). I just love to sing them! You don't ever need a karaoke machine or other thing! Just think of the song you want to sing and then sing it! What about inspiration... if you're happy, it's the perfect inspiration to start singin'.

4. See #3.

Cool question, pal! Friend me!

Passion

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team