Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 265 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Re: What is your favorite quote?
new

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 pm
This is a quote I liked from the first book. "Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak."

new

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 pm
This isn't exactly a quote as much as a few sentences from the book. "The elf's eyes found him, and his lips trembled with the effort to form words. 'Harry... Potter...' And then with a little shudder, the elf became quite still, and his eyes were nothing more than great glassy orbs, sprinkled with light from the stars they could not see." -The Deathly Hallows,Chpt 23- Malfoy Manor, pg. 476, Paragraphs 2-5.

new

Sun May 05, 2013 9:52 pm
I love it when Ron, Hermione, and Harry are talking too Aberforth in Deathly Hallows and Ron says "Is your Patronus a doe?" and Aberforth answers, " Brains like that, you could be a Death Eater. Haven't I just proven my Patronus is a Goat?" Well, I think it's funny.

new

Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm
No matter what happen you always have nuts

new

Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 am
In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book: Harry: Sir, what do you see when you look in the mirror? Dumbledore: I? I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks. Love it so much!! In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film: Hermione: Don't you understand how she must be feeling? Well, obviously she's feeling sad about Cedric, and therefore confused about liking Harry, guilty about kissing him, conflicted because Umbridge is pressing to sack her mum from the Ministry, and frightened about failing her OWLs because she's so busy worrying about everything else. Ron: One person can't feel all that at once! They'd explode! Hermione: Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon!

new

Wed May 22, 2013 1:20 am
"Let's finish this off...together!" -Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows part 2

new

Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 pm
mine is nothing

new

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:56 pm
"I know Ginny was liing." Ron

new

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:09 pm
"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy." Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and, my most fav of all, "Give her **** from us, Peeves."-Fred, OOTP ~JadeArrow "Music and magic will make the spirit fly forever."-Me

new

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:37 pm
Vernon: I'm locking your door. Harry: You do that. from the order of the pheonix

new

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 am
"Would you care for a sherbet lemon?" -Dumbledore to McGonagal, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone,Chapter 1

new

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:58 pm
"'I'm dying!"Malfoy yelled as the class panicked. "I'm dying, look at me! It's killed me?'" Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

new

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:26 am
George: "I'm feeling... holy." Fred: O.O George: "Cause of my ear. Holey? Get it Fred? Fred: *smiles* Out of all the ear related jokes there are you come up with HOLY?"

new

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:45 pm
This is my fave quote:

From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: she landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

'After all this time?'

'Always.'

~amusedchicken22~
☆"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."☆
☮Aristotle Onassis☮

new

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:34 pm
Well I have so many favorites from the books, but my all time favorite is in Deathly hallows part one, when George has a toothbrush in his ear and says, "morning..."

new

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:08 pm
Ha Ha! True that tdifan4510! Love that quote!

new

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:32 pm
"Follow the spider, why can't it be follow the butterflies! ron

new

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:04 am
a tie between: 1. after all this time? always. 2. not my daughter you b***h! 3. snape:i thought we were practicing NONVERBAL spells potter. harry: yes snape:yes SIR harry: there is no need to call me sir, professor.

new

Mon May 19, 2014 10:53 pm
I can't remember word for word but it's something like this: Mrs. Weasley "now that makes everyone in our family " (or something like that) Fred/George" What are we, Your next door neighbors?"

new

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:52 pm

"I'm going to bed before either of you get us killed or worse expelled"

Hermione Granger

new

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:42 am

"If the richest and happiest man on earth looked in the mirror, ho would only see him self just the way he is.''  
-Dumbeldoor  sorcerers stone

Just wanted to say that this post isn't really true because it's the richEST and happIEST man ON EARTH. So if per say the earth's people were suffering a famine and didn't have a lot of food or clothing, they would not be very happy or rich. Therefore the happiest person still would not be very happy, and would see himself with plenty if food to feed himself and his family, which isn't nothing. 

Does anyone else get what I'm saying?

Anyways, one of my favorite quotes is when Snape asks Harry what the difference between an Inferi and a ghost was and harry says, "Ghosts are transparent" and then snape explains how that is not completely right that inferi were bodies of people controled by wizards and blah blah.   Then ron says that what Harry said waa more helpful because if ha encountered an inferi or ghost he wouldn't be asking them if they were a dead body or whatever. 

That wasn't entirely hiw it went but you get the gist.

new

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:04 pm

My favorite quotes in order are;

Dumbledore: "After all this time?"

Snape: "Always."

(Deathly Hallows)

(This makes me wanna cry!!!!) sad

"There is both light and dark inside of us, what's important is which we choose to act on."

-Sirius Black

(Prisoner of Azkaban)

"After all this ends, we'll be a proper family."

-Sirius Black

(I forgot! surprise)

"We should close his eyes, there, now he could be sleeping."

-Luna Lovegood

(Deathly Hallows)

"Moooorning"

- George Weasley

(Deathly Hallows)

new

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:26 pm

" I have gone temporairlily deaf and have no idea what you are saying" said dumbeldore XD read all books  48 times AND I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM, ASK ME I DARE YOU

Deathly Halllows
new

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:38 pm

" Hermione, when has one of our plans every worked? We plan, we get there, all he** breaks loose."

- Harry Potter

new

Sun May 17, 2015 6:26 pm

''luke, i am your father.''

-star wars

[ 265 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team