Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 265 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Re: What is your favorite quote?
frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:50 pm
"Dobby dosen't meen to kill, he only means to mame, or serously injour."
-Dobby Deathy Hallows Part 1

RIP

frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:06 pm
that was from the Goblet Of Fire, Ravenclaw10! Just read it today haha!

visitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:14 am
"I'm not Fred I'm George! Honestly Women, you call yourself a mother can't you tell that I'm George!"......... "Just kidding with you I'm Fred."

Fred: Sorcerers Stone

visitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 pm
That's probably the goblet of fire or the order of the phoenix when ron is explaining why his parents don't like to talk about percy.

contributor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:30 pm
"He spat at you!"
-Harry

"Of course this is all happening inside your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"
-Dumbeldor

regular_visitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:52 pm
"If the richest and happiest man on earth looked in the mirror, ho would only see him self just the way he is.'' 
-Dumbeldoor  sorcerers stone

frequent_vsitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:17 pm
I love

"we're not crazy, we know our names our gred and forge"

and

" just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all do"

regular_contributor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 pm
I love every single thing said in HP, choosing one is like choosing a favorite character(which is impossible). But I bet you didn't know that in OoTP page 766, halfway down the page, it says Twilight fell. Yeah, good quote for everyone who hates T******T(which should be everyone).

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 pm
Actually Ravenclaw10, i think that quote is from Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.

My favorite quote is when Ron calls the telephone, a "Fellytone".

frequent_contributor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:21 am
Thats a funny one!

I don't remember this quote word for word but its from Half-Blood Prince in DADA class and they were talking about inferi and Snape asks

"Describe the diffrence between a ghost inferi" and Harry says "Ghosts are trasnparent" and Snape starts like making fun of him and then ROn says well.. blahblahblah [lol, I can't remember exactly!] but it was really funny.

hahah lol, I know it doesn't sound like it is but it really is!

:]
-?kreacher
currently reading: A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Ersatz Elevator

regular_visitor

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:40 pm
Ron:  how did you do it? Harry: i didn't put my name in the cup! Harry: your being stupid, Ron: yeah,I'm Harry Potters stupid friend.

Goblet of fire

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:36 pm
"Happyness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to switch on the light"- Dumbledore, its from the third movie, not mentined on the books :P

Voldy Awesome!!!!

frequent_contributor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:12 pm

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:
I love every single thing said in HP, choosing one is like choosing a favorite character(which is impossible). But I bet you didn't know that in OoTP page 766, halfway down the page, it says Twilight fell. Yeah, good quote for everyone who hates T******T(which should be everyone).

Hey, have you even read Twilight? Its a good book :(

frequent_contributor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:16 pm
"Nitwit!Blubber!Oddment!Tweak!"~Albus Dumbledore
and
"Azkaban -the wizard's prison Goyle. Honestly, if you were any slower ,you'd be going backwards. -Draco Malfoy
and
"I can teach you to bottle fame,brew glory,even a stopper to death-if you aren't a big bunch of dunderheads I usually have to teach" -Severus Snape
and
"Mr.Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor...." -the Marauders Map

and, well I could go on forever:P

frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:45 pm
Ooooh, that's hard. There's a lot of funny ones in the HP books. I like a lot of them. Well, here are some of my favorites:

"I've been - a - a - "
"Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron?" - Fred, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Me? I see myself holding a pair of thick woolen socks." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"Ron, you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet." Hermione Granger, (I don't know which book!)

Well, those are some of them, but I'll definitely come back because there are sooo many more!

contributor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:26 pm
"There is nothing worse than death,Dumbledore!"
Voldemort/Tom Marvolo Riddle,HP and the O of P

LAVENDER39

TRUST NO ONE

SEAWEED BRAIN RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Nitwit! Oddment! Blubber! Tweak!"-Albus Dumbledore

"Finnick?"

"What?"

"How about some pants?"

... "What? You think this-"

He strikes a ridiculously provocative pose.

"is too distracting?"-Finnick and Katniss

"Fire is catching. And if we burn, you burn with us!"- Catniss Katniss

"I always channel my emotions into my work. That way I don't hurt anyone but myself."- Cinna

"Okay, update. When I see Pointdexter and Mortica on the plane? I freak. I’m, like, what happened to my kids? I think, they’ve, like, eaten you. Then they tell me what happened.Bragging.They’re, like, fourteen and eleven, but they talk like they escaped from a Clue game. ‘Forged the tickets, ho-ho!'-Anyway, they threaten me,yada yada, and of course I argue and I'm figuring in my head, ‘ha-ha the next thing is they put poison in the drink'-but I'm,like,'Nahh,of course they're not that skeezy.’ Then I see her actually doing it, like  two inches away from me- uh,hello?So I get kinda mad-you know, act like I'm going to drink it, and then zam,I spritz the stuff all over their faces.Well,I'm,like,'Nyah,nyah,this is really funny,’ but they start to totally wig out and fall all over each other to get their carry-on- they're,like,'Eek our faces have schmutz on them!' And I'm, like, ‘dudes, grow up!’ So I take their carry-on and sit on it.Um.Baad idea." -Nellie Gomez, the Sword Thief

"I also play basketball pretty well for a guy who didn't start until he was two thousand years old."-Quintus/Daedalus From PJO and the Battle Of The Labyrinth

You know, we could all learn something from crayons. They are all different colors, some bright, some dull. They're all different lengths; short, long, stubby, skinny. But somehow, just somehow, they all learn to live in same box. : )

“Ally.” Peeta say’s the words slowly, tasting it. “Friend. Victor. Enemy. Target. Mutt. Neighbor. Hunter. Tribute. Ally. I’ll add it to the list of words I use to try to figure you out.” -Peeta, Mockingjay

"You want us to go off and save the world on Happy the Dragon?" -Jason, The Lost Hero

I gotta get back to Hogwarts!

96% of people who would see Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter crash at the same time would fall into a comma and die, if you are one of the 4% laughing your head off copy and paste this into your signoff

HP luver to the max!

Put this as your signoff if you know or are related to someone who was killed at Hogwarts when it was under siege by Death Eaters. Over 50 witches and wizards died in this attack. 93% of people won't repost this, will you be part of that magical 7% that will? Use as your signoff to show your support.

If the world ends in 2012, we’ll just have Kayne West interrupt it.

TEAM GALE 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinna told me to use this as my signature.

Every year 24 teenagers enter the Hunger Games. Only one survives. And there’s one rule: Kill or be killed.

Feel free to use anything in my signoff!

frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Here you go, some more quotes I like, but a lot of these will be from Goblet of Fire, because I have it open in front of me right now...

"Give her he*l from us, Peeves." - Fred Weasley, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (sorry it has a swear word in it!)

"There you go. Something for you to wear on Tuesday. You might even have a scar now, if you're lucky...That's what you want, isn't it?" - Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy." Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down." - Minerva McGonagall, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"We're not thundering, we're walking. Sorry if we've disturbed the top-secret workings of the MInistry of Magic." - Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"If you made a better rat than a human, it's not much to boast about, Peter." - Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

HARRY POTTER RULES FOREVER!!!!

frequent_vsitor

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 am
OMG, there are so many quotes I like, and here's one more, I loved it! I'm probably getting on everyone's nerves - HP RULES!!!

"Saintlike. You see, I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?" - George Weasley after he lost an ear, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

That one was sooo funny. Peace out! :smileyhappy:

frequent_vsitor

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:31 pm

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:

My brother noticed that...lol.

"These are old man shoes!"

"Excuse me?"

"I love them...a lot."

-The Sorcerer's Apprentice

"Have fun eating your rope."

~Fablehaven

**eaa001 is trying to get 100 posts on her thread!  Help out by replying here and putting this message in your signature!**

visitor

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:39 am
Ron: "How much for this?" Both Twins: "10 Galleons." Ron:"But i'm your brother!" Twins:"15 Galleons!"  Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Half Blood Prince                 Dumbleodre" of course it's inside your head harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?" Deathly Hallows

regular_contributor

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:18 am
''All's fair in love and war.''
~Ronald Weasley, Deathly Hallows

''Life is too serious to take it seriously'' Oscar Wilde

''Nobody is perfect. Well, I am Nobody!

''You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!''

~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 pm
''Yes''
''Yes sir''
''There's no need to call me 'sir', Professor!''
Harry Potter and Severus Snape, Half-Blood Prince.

''I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."
Ronald Weasley, Goblet of Fire

And a billion of others l can't remember.

''Life is too serious to take it seriously'' Oscar Wilde

''Nobody is perfect. Well, I am Nobody!

''You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!''

~Hippolyte

rookie_visitor

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:38 pm

_HAIL VOLDY_ wrote:
"Happyness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to switch on the light"- Dumbledore, its from the third movie, not mentined on the books :P

Voldy Awesome!!!!

I Believe "Happyness" is spelled "Happieness"

rookie_visitor

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 pm
Tyson the cyclops with a mouth full of peanut butter: "PUH PTEH BUN!" The other cyclopes: "PEANUT BUTTER!" ~Percy Jackson & the  Olympians book #5

rookie_visitor

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 pm
Percy: "why do pegasi  gallop as they fly, anyway?" Blackjack: "why do humans swing their arms as they walk?"

regular_contributor

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm
Voldemort: “Why do you live?”
Harry:”Because I have something worth living for.”
-Deathly Hallows

frequent_vsitor

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm
"You-You foul loathsome evil little cockroach!"
-Hermione, POA

Haha. I quoted her once. Wrote a post about it. My favorite post I ever wrote.

Hobbits Forever!

frequent_vsitor

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm
"Are you insane? Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in?"  -Harry Potter

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.

"Why were you lurking under our window?"
"Yes -- yes, good point, Petunia! What were you doing under our windows, boy?"
"Listening to the news," said Harry in a resigned voice.
His aunt and uncle exchanged looks of outrage.
"Listening to the news! Again?"
"Well, it changes every day, you see," said Harry

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS! SHE KILLED HIM -- I'LL KILL HER!" - Harry Potter

"...from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell 'die, Ron, die,' I'm chucking them in the bin where they belong."  - Ron

"I love you, Hermione."  - Ron <3

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have." 
- Hermione

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them." 
-  Albus Dumbledore

contributor

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:43 pm
My favorite quote is...

"I said what I ment and I ment what I said. An elephant's faithful 100%" from Horton Hears A Who

awesomesox123

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm
"me? i see myself holding a pair of thick woolen socks."
"socks?"
"yes, one can never have enough socks i wanted some for christmas but people always insist on giving me books."
-dumboldor (book1)

regular_contributor

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:21 pm
Movie:
"Bill look away!!"
         -Fleur 7th movie
Book:
"Taught  you everything you know.I expect did I? Well, how about those autographs, then? Shall we say a round dozen, you can give them to all your little friends then nobody will be left out!"
                                              -Lockheart 5th book

frequent_vsitor

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 am
I like pretty much all of these quotes especially the last one from harrypotterisbeast.
"Saintlike. You see, I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
And Twilight is a good book. I don't know about the rest of the series because I don't know where the second one, New Moon, is.

contributor

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:50 pm
All of these are said by Harry Potter:

"I don't know who Maxime thinks she's kidding. If Hagrid's half-giant, she definitely is. Big bones... the only thing that's got bigger bones than her is a dinosaur."

--------------------------------------------------

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours [broom], Malfoy. Then it could catch the Snitch for you."

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

"Are you insane? Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in?"

"Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. He's already used you as bait once, and that was just because you're my best friend's sister. Think how much danger you'll be in if we keep this up. He'll know, he'll find out. He'll try and get to me through you."

"He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

"Brilliant! It's Potions last thing on Friday! Snape won't have the time to poison us all!"

"Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!"

"Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. "What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest.

"And Harry said last night," retorted Ron, "if it means we're supposed to get matey with the Slytherins, fat chance."
"Well, I think it's a pity we're not trying for a bit of inter-House unity," said Hermione crossly.
They had reached the foot of the marble staircase. A line of fourth-year Ravenclaws was crossing the entrance hall; they caught sight of Harry and hurried to form a tighter group, as though frightened he might attack stragglers.
"Yeah, we really ought to be trying to make friends with people like that," said Harry sarcastically.

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.

"How long have you been 'Big D' then?" said Harry.
"Shut it," snarled Dudley, turning away again.
"Cool name," said Harry, grinning, "but you'll always be Ickle Diddykins to me."
"Shut your face."
"You don't tell her [Aunt Petunia] to shut her face. What about 'popkin' and 'Dinky Diddydums,' can I use them then?"

"Listen, if you [Fred and George] don't take it [the gold], I'm throwing it down the drain. I don't want it and I don't need it. But I could do with a few laughs. We could all do with a few laughs. I've got a feeling we're going to need them more than usual before long."

"You can't give a Dementor the old one-two!"

"Why were you lurking under our window?"
"Yes -- yes, good point, Petunia! What were you doing under our windows, boy?"
"Listening to the news," said Harry in a resigned voice.
His aunt and uncle exchanged looks of outrage.
"Listening to the news! Again?"
"Well, it changes every day, you see," said Harry.

"Er -- thanks very much, Ernie," said Harry, taken aback. Ernie might be pompous on occasions like these, but Harry was in a mood to deeply appreciate a vote of confidence from somebody who was not wearing radishes in their ears.

"Proud?" said Harry. "Are you crazy? All those times I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious...."

"Cut it out," he said firmly, rubbing the scar as the pain receded again. "First sign of madness, talking to your own head," said a sly voice from the empty picture on the wall.

"You know your mother, Malfoy? The expression on her face - like she's got dung under her nose? Is she like that all the time or just because you were with her?"

"He [Dumbledore] will only be gone from the school when none are loyal to him."

"It's just hard," Harry said finally, in a low voice, "to realize he won't write me again."

"I realised I can’t shut myself away or crack up. It could be me next, couldn’t it? But if it is, I’ll make sure I take as many Death Eaters with me as I can and Voldemort too, if I can manage it."

"Snape killed Dumbledore."

"Dumbledore's man through and through," said Harry. "That's right."

"Wow... look at that... he's not here now! So why not have a go? They might be able to find you a double cell in Azkaban with your loser of a husband!"

"Well, think back," said Harry. "Have you ever let it slip that you'd like to go out in public with the words 'My Sweetheart' round your neck?"

"Warrington's aim's so pathetic I'd be more worried if he was aiming for the person next to me."

"She's Ron's sister.
But she's ditched Dean!
She's still Ron's sister.
I'm his best mate!
That'll make it worse.
If I talked to him first-
He'd hit you.
What if I don't care?
He's your best mate!"

[To Mundungus] "What did you do, go back the night he died and strip the place?"

"I like a quiet life, you know me."

"And they'd [the Death Eaters] love to have me," said Harry sarcastically. "We'd be best pals if they didn't keep trying to do me in."

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS! SHE KILLED HIM -- I'LL KILL HER!"

"They don't know know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer..."

"There's no need to call me sir Professor."

"Do you think -- do you think I give a -- I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO SAY!" Harry roared. "I don't want to hear anything you've got to say!"

"SO WHAT?" Harry shouted. "Don't you understand? If Snape gets hold of the stone, Voldemort's coming back! Haven't you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There won't be any Hogwarts to get expelled from! He'll flatten it, or turn it into a school for the Dark Arts! Losing points doesn't matter anymore, can't you see? D'you think he'll leave you and your families alone if Gryffindor wins the house cup? If I get caught before I can get to the stone, well, I'll have to go back to the Dursleys and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it's only dying a bit later than I would have, because I'm never going over to the Dark Side! I'm going through that trapdoor tonight and nothing you two say is going to stop me! Voldemort killed my parents, remember?"

"Yeah, and others might say it's your duty to check that people really are Death Eaters before you chuck them in prison," said Harry, his temper rising now. "You're doing what Barty Crouch did. You never get it right, you people, do you? Either we've got Fudge, pretending everything's lovely while people get murdered right under his nose, or we've got you, chucking the wrong people into jail and trying to pretend you've got 'the Chosen One' working for you!"

---------------------------------------------------

"No, it was honest," said Harry. "One of the only honest things you've said to me. You don't care whether I live or die, but you do care that I help you convince everyone you're winning the war against Voldemort."

"You can try," said Harry indifferently. "But you seem cleverer than Fudge, so I'd have thought you'd have learned from his mistakes. He tried interfering at Hogwarts. You might have noticed he's not Minister anymore, but Dumbledore's still headmaster. I'd leave Dumbledore alone, if I were you."

"I'm going to Hagrid's, I've got a good feeling about going to Hagrid's."

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

"Severus Snape wasn't yours," said Harry. "Snape was Dumbledores, Dumbledores from the moment you started hunting down my mother..."

"Albus Severus..you were named for the two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

"Snapes patronus was a doe. The same as my mothers, because he loved her for nearly all his life, from the time when they were children. You should have realised. "De asked you to spare herlife, didn't he?"

“They’re evacuating the younger kids and everyone’s meeting in the Great Hall to get organized,” Harry said. “We’re fighting.”

frequent_vsitor

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:09 pm
Ron: "How much for this?" Both Twins: "10 Galleons." Ron:"But i'm your brother!" Twins:"15 Galleons!"  Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Half Blood Prince
Dumbleodre" of course it's inside your head harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?" Deathly Hallows

Voldemort: “Why do you live?”
Harry:”Because I have something worth living for.”
-Deathly Hallows

"...from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell 'die, Ron, die,' I'm chucking them in the bin where they belong."  - Ron

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have." 
- Hermione

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them." 
-  Albus Dumbledore

"me? i see myself holding a pair of thick woolen socks."
"socks?"
"yes, one can never have enough socks i wanted some for christmas but people always insist on giving me books."

"I don't know who Maxime thinks she's kidding. If Hagrid's half-giant, she definitely is. Big bones... the only thing that's got bigger bones than her is a dinosaur."

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours [broom], Malfoy. Then it could catch the Snitch for you."

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

"Are you insane? Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in?"

"Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. He's already used you as bait once, and that was just because you're my best friend's sister. Think how much danger you'll be in if we keep this up. He'll know, he'll find out. He'll try and get to me through you."

"He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

"Brilliant! It's Potions last thing on Friday! Snape won't have the time to poison us all!"

"Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!"

"Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. "What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest.

"And Harry said last night," retorted Ron, "if it means we're supposed to get matey with the Slytherins, fat chance."
"Well, I think it's a pity we're not trying for a bit of inter-House unity," said Hermione crossly.
They had reached the foot of the marble staircase. A line of fourth-year Ravenclaws was crossing the entrance hall; they caught sight of Harry and hurried to form a tighter group, as though frightened he might attack stragglers.
"Yeah, we really ought to be trying to make friends with people like that," said Harry sarcastically.

"How long have you been 'Big D' then?" said Harry.
"Shut it," snarled Dudley, turning away again.
"Cool name," said Harry, grinning, "but you'll always be Ickle Diddykins to me."
"Shut your face."
"You don't tell her [Aunt Petunia] to shut her face. What about 'popkin' and 'Dinky Diddydums,' can I use them then?"

"Listen, if you [Fred and George] don't take it [the gold], I'm throwing it down the drain. I don't want it and I don't need it. But I could do with a few laughs. We could all do with a few laughs. I've got a feeling we're going to need them more than usual before long."

I like this one Too(no offence 2 twilight lovers) 
_soccerhorse10_ wrote:
I love every single thing said in HP, choosing one is like choosing a favorite character(which is impossible). But I bet you didn't know that in OoTP page 766, halfway down the page, it says Twilight fell. Yeah, good quote for everyone who hates T******T

Sorry there is so many

regular_visitor

Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:47 pm
"Dobby doesn't mean to kill, he only means to mame, or seriously injure."

-Dobby, The Deathly Hallows

I know someone already put this up but it is my fave quote :)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:43 pm
"Follow the spider, why can't it be follow the butterflies!
 Ron, The Camber of Secrets

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:20 pm
I don't have a favorite quote, I have a fave scene! When Luna is the commentator at Quidditch. Every single quote in that scene is funny.:smileyvery-happy:

frequent_contributor

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:50 pm

_Twinktoes87_ wrote:

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:

Fine rate my message a one, but serioulsy have you even read Twilight soccerhorse10?

rookie_visitor

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:09 pm
i love this one.
"we're not crazy, we know our names are gred and feorge!"
-arrtrip

contributor

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:46 pm
Pg.51;Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-
"Wow- we're identical!":Fred & George Weasley
Pg.49;Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-
" Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry," "Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.":Fred Weasley

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:11 pm
Dobby- *whacks Mundungus with pan* Once more, Master Harry?

regular_contributor

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 pm
I normally prefer thoughtful quotes. Here are some good ones!

"All was well" (its just a perfectly beautiful way to end)

"It was, after all, not so easy to die"

"He envied even his parents deaths now"

visitor

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:33 pm
"Anyone can speak troll. All you have to do is point and grunt."

frequent_vsitor

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 pm
"Get the Mail Dudley."
"Make Harry get it."
"Get the mail, Harry."
"Make Dudley get it."
"Poke him with your Smeltings stick Dudley."
Harry dodged the smelting stick and went to get the mail.

there are SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many others that I can hardly pick one, but that one is really funny :)

contributor

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 pm

_xX_HPfanatic_Xx_ wrote:
Dobby- *whacks Mundungus with pan* Once more, Master Harry?

I love that quote.

regular_visitor

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 pm
tdifan that quote was sooooo funny!!! even though it was so sad at the end o f the movie i could nt stop thinking of that !! and ravenclaw 10 ur qoute was cool too ok i like em all

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 pm
Actually, I'm pretty sure that hat quote is from the Chamber of Secrets, when Dobby riggs the bludger to hit Harry.  He wants it to hit harry so that he will be forced to leaves school.:smileyvery-happy: 

frequent_vsitor

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:00 pm
"D'you think He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is going to be hiding behind a bookshelf at Flourish and Blotts?" Ron in either Order of the Phoenix or Half Blood Prince.

Millie aka crazy4potter

Proud Wizard and Demigod

If you have been touched by Harry Potter and now are a WIZARD FREAK...
post this as your sig. If not, you're a Harry Potter Hater. AVADA KEDAVRA!!!

If you want to Pump up the music and start to sing, post this as your sig…

some call me crazy, but I just turn the music louder.

My socks don't match.  They never match.  Copy and paste it this to your signoff if you support mismatched CREATIVITY!
Team Edward?
Team Jacob?
Copy and paste if you are TEAM HARRY POTTER!

contributor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:20 pm
"Where do Vanished objects go?"
"Into nonbeing, which is to say, everything."
- McGonagall and the Ravenclaw knocker, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

frequent_vsitor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 pm
 I just found one more while reading DH (again :smileyvery-happy:)

"Accio Glasses! although they were only around a foot away, there was something immensely satisfying about seeing them zoom toward him, at least until they poked him in the eye."

I had to read it twice more because it made me laugh :D

SNAPEWINS IF YOU <3 SEVERUS SNAPE POST THIS AS YOUR SIGN OFF!!!~!

regular_visitor

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 pm
Ok so my favorite quote is not really a quote, it was actually written on the gravestone of Lily and James. "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death," from the Deathly Hallows book.

There also this other one in the Unfortunate series, which are also my fave books, "Memento Mori," which means "Remember you will die" in Latin. It's the motto of the school the kids were forced to go to.

"Constant Vigilance!"
-Mad Eye Moody
:smileywink:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 pm

“…Love, which did not prevent me stamping out your Mudblood mother like a cockroach, Potter –”

Voldemort, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, “The Flaw in the Plan”

That quote has more meaning than meets the eye. Voldemort killed Lily, but she was a cockroach, and cockroaches are very tough. You try to kill them, but no matter how hard you try, they’re still alive. Lily lived on in Harry through maternal love, and it was Voldemort’s ultimate downfall, trying to stamp out Lily’s love like a cockroach.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:49 pm
my fav quote is...     " spiders, spiders they want me to tap dance i dont want to tap dance"

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 pm
This is a quote from my favorite HP character!

"Every one has both Dark and Light in them, it's what you chose to act on that makes you who you really are."

Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I think.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:18 am
" 'There's no need to call me 'sir' professor'"

contributor

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 pm

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:

HEY!!!!! Twilight is Actually really good!!!! Have you even read it?!?!?!

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:26 pm
I 4got 2 post some quotes.
  "How  are you feeling George?"
   "Saintlike"
   "Are you sick? How are you feeling?"
  " Holey"...

"Out of all the ear jokes in the world you go with holey?!"

rookie_visitor

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:48 pm
I love everything in Harry Potter. For quotes, pretty much everything Dumbledore and McGonagall say. I also really like these quotes.
                           "...a circle has no beginning."
                                      -Luna- Book #7
                           "Into nonbeing, which is to say,everything"
                                           -McGonagall-Book #7
                           "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"
                                           -Ravenclaw-Mainly book #7

visitor

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:37 pm

" Help at Hogwarts will always be given to those who ask for it."~ Albus Dumbledore,

visitor

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 pm

_Twinktoes87_ wrote:

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:

I agree. The movies awesome too.

visitor

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 pm

_MANIAC12345_ wrote:
Ron: "How much for this?" Both Twins: "10 Galleons." Ron:"But i'm your brother!" Twins:"15 Galleons!"  Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Half Blood Prince                 Dumbleodre" of course it's inside your head harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?" Deathly Hallows

That was hilarious. My fave is " Help at Hogwarts will always be given to those who ask for it" ~ Albus Dumbledore. AND " Azkaban ,the wizard prison, Goyle. Honestly, If you were any slower you'd be going backwards" -Draco Malfoy. AND  " Saintlike. Holy. holey, Fred get it? " ~ George after losing his ear in Deathly Hallows. AND (THE LAST 1) "SHE KILLED SIRIIUS! SHE KILLED HIM! I'LL KILL HER" ~ Harry Potter, The Order Of Phoinex.

visitor

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:15 pm
It's not really one quote, but Iike when Luna Lovegood is commentating (not sure if it's a word) the quidditch match in the HBP.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 pm
that's also my favorite quote

frequent_contributor

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:50 pm

_GryffindorWolf_ wrote:

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:

MEEE!!!! I've read it! But soccerhorse10 refuses to answer, I smell a rat....

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:00 pm
I don't think I really have a favorite quote...
Fred and George say a lot of funny things that I like but I just can't choose which one I like the best. ;)

visitor

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 pm
"CONSTANT VIGILENCE!!!!"

visitor

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm
"Hissy hissy little snakey
Slither on the floor
You'll be good to Morfin
Or he'll nail you to the door!!"

visitor

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:31 pm
Definitely NOT from SS. Dobby did not appear until book 2.

2. Serious- Dumbledore: "Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."

3. Funny- Ron: "Someone couldn't feel all that at once. They'd explode!" Hermoine: "Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean everyone else does."

Sorry I know they're not exact quotes!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:00 pm
You spelled Dumbledore wrong,_Grandesong_.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:54 am
After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.  ~J.K. Rowling, "The Man with Two Faces," Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997, spoken by the character Albus Dumbledore
          or
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.  ~J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 1999, spoken by the character Albus Dumbledore

Luna 4ever!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm
I love them all really, but my fav is probably this:

"We could be killed! Or worse EXPELLED."
-Hermione
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

visitor

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:31 am
"Make way for the heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through."

~Fred and George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

(I have so many favorites, but the one above is one of them.)

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:36 am
Saintlike. You see......I'm holy. HOLEY.
George Wesely, Deathly Hallows

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:05 pm
"There is no good and evil. There is only power. And those too weak to seek it" ~ Voldy (of course)

regular_contributor

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:23 pm
I haven't had time to replay. Yes, I read the books. I posted that a while ago. I don't hold the intense, more childish hate anymore. I respect that people like it. They are good for a little bit of entertainment. But never, NEVER say its anything close to what HP has become.

contributor

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:25 pm
'We tried to shut him in a pyramid but mom caught us -George Weasley

visitor

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm

_HMThomson_ wrote:

_HAIL VOLDY_ wrote:

Voldy Awesome!!!!

I Believe "Happyness" is spelled "Happieness"

actually it's happiness...
not sure if anyone said that yet, they probably did

regular_contributor

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm
@_girloftheglen_
omg, i LOOOOOVED that scene!!! it was soooo amazingly funny! when she started talking about the clouds and Loser`s Lurgy....... XD

contributor

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 pm
"I see myself holding a pair of thick wollen socks."    Dumbledore

regular_visitor

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 pm
Voldemort: Why do you live?
Harry: Because I have something worth living for.

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

frequent_vsitor

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 pm
this quote i think is only in the movie of book 6
Ron: How much is this?
Fred&George: 5 Galleons.
Ron: How 'bout for me?
Fred&George: 5 Galleons.
Ron: I'm your brother!
Fred&George: 10 Galleons
 This is probably my fave quote . I ? Fred & George ? Okay okay and Ron too. ??

?Peace?
-?
MuggleWitch??

The rest of my sign-off is currently lost. Please wait 'til I find it. Thanks and sorry for any inconveniences.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:12 pm
Ohdear. I have too many.

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
"It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."
"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love."
"We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."

regular_visitor

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:43 pm
Actually that quote that ravenclaw10 posted is from Goblet of Fire.
-----Mira

regular_visitor

Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 pm
Kretcher:

The quote you were looking for is when ron says:

"Yeah, but it's easier to check if it's transparent than to ask " Hello, are you an imprinted soul?"

regular_visitor

Sun May 01, 2011 4:06 pm
"Yes."
"Yes sir."
"There's no need to call me sir, Professor."
Harry and Snape Book 6

"Malfoy, The Amazing Bouncing Ferret!"
Ron Book 4

"How did you die?"
"We er....drowned in a bathtub."
"All three of you?"
"It was a big bathtub."
Percy and Charon Book 1

"Erre es korakas, Blinkey!" Dionysus cursed. "I will have your soul!"
"Um, he's a video game character," I said."
 Mr. D and Percy Book 5

Sun May 01, 2011 5:42 pm
This is a very hard question for me, but I think my favorite quote would be......
You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many accounts... but you cannot deny he's got style.....
-Phineas Nigellus, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phionex

rookie_visitor

Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 pm
I love Fred and George. I like the part where one of them ( I forget who, has lost their ear, 7th book) and the other one says," I'm feeling 'holey."

frequent_vsitor

Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 pm
it can't be from sorcerer's stone because Dobby wasn't around then, (right?)

frequent_vsitor

Tue May 17, 2011 6:13 pm
yes everyone with serious head trauma or mental problems or even oh yeah the crazies

frequent_vsitor

Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm
thank you

frequent_vsitor

Tue May 17, 2011 6:24 pm
Little bit from Deathly Hallows:

"Are you planning to follow a career in Magical Law, Miss Granger?" asked Scrimgeour.
""No, I'm not," retorted Hermione. "I'm planning on doing some good in the world!"

Get's me every time!

Wed May 18, 2011 7:07 pm
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
                                                  - Albus Dumbledore  

frequent_vsitor

Wed May 25, 2011 4:17 pm
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.  Funny!  Funny!  Funny!"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced in front of him naked wearing Dobby's tea cozy." -Ron, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.

So cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

Wed May 25, 2011 6:04 pm
Oh my goodness... that's incredibly hard... Probably a Ron quote: "Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still enough," or, when he's reading the crystal ball, "Ron, do you need any help?" asked Harry. "No, Ron replied, "I know exactly what this means, Blimey, Harry! We're having loads of fog tonight!" and there's also one that is reeeeally messed up: "Can I see Uranus too, Lavender?" -All Ron

visitor

Thu May 26, 2011 5:59 pm
Firstly, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, who had clearly been waiting all week for the opportunity to strike without teacher witnesses, attempted to ambush Harry halfway down the train as he made his way from the toilet. The attach might have been successfully had not been the fact that they unwittingly chose to stage an attach right outside a compartment full of DA members, who saw what was happening through the glass and rose as one to rush to Harry's aid. By the time Ernie Macmillan, Hannah Abbott, Susan Bones, Justin Finch-Flechley, Anthony Goldstein, and Terry Boot had finished using a wide variety of jinxes Harry had taught them, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle resembled nothing so much as three gigantic slugs squeezed into Hogworts uniform as Harry, Ernie, and Justin hoist them into the luggage rack to left them ooze.

This is my favorite quote (even if it's a paragraph). =D

Thu May 26, 2011 11:07 pm
   my favorite qoute is probley......

"Fear of a name increases fear of a thing itself."

rookie_visitor

Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 am
I SO LOVE THAT TOOOO!!!

Sat May 28, 2011 9:29 am
What was your favorite qoute? My fav was this:
Proffesor Umbridge: And you didn't get the job?
Snape: Obviously.
But ya gotta love that qoute Dobby says, "Dobby doesn't mean to hurt maybe mame or possibly injure." :)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:01 am

_tdifan4510_ wrote:

RIP

_tdifan4510_ wrote:

RIP

My favorite quote has to be the one in the Goblet of Fire (4th):
"Dobby knows, sir! Harry Potter has to go into the lake and find his Wheezy-"
"Find my what?"
"-and take his Wheezy back from the merpeople!"
"What's a wheezy?"
"Your Wheezy, sir, your Wheezy- who is giving Dobby his sweater!"

Also, I like it when there is Draco and Snape. Anywhere with Draco bcause I <3 DRACO!!!
And Snape.

visitor

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:20 pm
"How in the name of Merlin's pants have you managed to get your hands on those Horcrux books?"
-Ron: The Deathly Hallows (book)

This is the funniest quote eeeeevvvvvvaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

~countrycupid1: elizabeth

visitor

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Ron: "Why spiders? Why couldn't it be 'follow the butterflies'?"

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:17 pm
Anyone can speak Troll, all you have to do is point and grunt.

Fred: Goblet of Fire

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:30 pm
Mudblood, and proud of it!

Hermione:Deathly Hallows

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:36 pm
(talking about Draco's son) Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you inherited your mother's brains.

Ron:Deathly Hallows

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:45 pm
(after Professor McGonagall says that Lord Voldemort is attacking) Ooh! We can say this name now?

Luna: Deathly Hallows

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:50 pm
Look, Potter! You've got yourself a girlfriend.

Draco: Chamber of Secrets

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 pm
Dobby is very sorry. Dobby had to iron his hands.

Dobby: Chamber  of Secrets

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:57 pm
Why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?

Harry: Prisoner of Azkaban

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 pm
 The tail I can live with but the fleas...... They murder.

Sirius: Prisoner of Azkaban

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:03 pm
Brazil, here I come ..... Thanksss amigo.

Boa Constictor

regular_visitor

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:39 am
"Maybe you have to attack Percy whiler he's in the shower, Harry!"-Fred Weasley,  GoF

regular_visitor

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:35 pm
"Dobby dosen't meen to kill, he only means to mame, or serously injore."

rookie_visitor

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm
"Don't worry Ginny.  We'll send you a Hogwarts toilet seat."

-Fred

rookie_visitor

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Peeves trying to unscrew chandelier,

"It unscrews the other way."

-Professor McGonagal

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 am
There are soooooooooooo many excellent quotes in the Harry Potter series but the best one has got to be the reply from George to his mother:

" A prefect! That's everyone in the family!" ( Mrs.Weasley)
''What are Fred and I, next-door neighbors?" ( George)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:44 pm
albus severus you were named for 2 headmasters of hogwarts.One was a slytherin and probably the bravest man i knew

regular_visitor

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:53 pm
Sunshine, daisies,butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!
              - Ronald Weasley, Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone

regular_visitor

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 pm

_Twinktoes87_ wrote:

_GryffindorWolf_ wrote:

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:

MEEE!!!! I've read it! But soccerhorse10 refuses to answer, I smell a rat....

Me too haha. Why should everyone hate Twilight, soccerhorse10? Cause I'll bet you haven't even read it. I really don't get why people think that just because you like Harry Potter you can't like Twilight. I mean really we're all book lovers. One thing that made me really happy was when I went to go see Eclipse at midnight, (which I also do for all the Harry Potter movies) and the trailer for the part one of the deathly hallows came on everyone in the theature didn't boo. Actually quite the opposite. We all screamed just as loud as when Taylor Launtner first came on the screen :D

regular_visitor

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:29 am
" I haven't got any options! I've got to do it! He'll kill me! He'll kill my whole family!"

-Draco Malfoy
                  On the Anstronomy Tower in The Half-Blood Prince 

contributor

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:43 pm
I like: "Of course this is all happening inside your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"- Dumbledore. 7th Book. And: "Maybe one more, Master Harry, for luck?" Kreacher. 7th Book. My absolute favorite is: "It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world." -JK Rowling. 6th Book.

visitor

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:55 am
My favorite quote has to be "Dobby dosen't mean to kill,just to mame or seriously injour."Dobby-Deathly hallows part 1 and oi!there's a war going on here!Harry-Deathly hallows ron and hermione kissing scene.And "I'm holy Fred.Get it i'm holey."George-Deathly hallows part1.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:08 pm

smileywink:a personer is a persone no mather how small.(from horton hears a who)

[ 265 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team