Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 265 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Re: What is your favorite quote?
frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:50 pm
"Dobby dosen't meen to kill, he only means to mame, or serously injour."
-Dobby Deathy Hallows Part 1

RIP

frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:06 pm
that was from the Goblet Of Fire, Ravenclaw10! Just read it today haha!

visitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:14 am
"I'm not Fred I'm George! Honestly Women, you call yourself a mother can't you tell that I'm George!"......... "Just kidding with you I'm Fred."

Fred: Sorcerers Stone

visitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 pm
That's probably the goblet of fire or the order of the phoenix when ron is explaining why his parents don't like to talk about percy.

contributor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:30 pm
"He spat at you!"
-Harry

"Of course this is all happening inside your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"
-Dumbeldor

regular_visitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:52 pm
"If the richest and happiest man on earth looked in the mirror, ho would only see him self just the way he is.'' 
-Dumbeldoor  sorcerers stone

frequent_vsitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:17 pm
I love

"we're not crazy, we know our names our gred and forge"

and

" just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all do"

regular_contributor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 pm
I love every single thing said in HP, choosing one is like choosing a favorite character(which is impossible). But I bet you didn't know that in OoTP page 766, halfway down the page, it says Twilight fell. Yeah, good quote for everyone who hates T******T(which should be everyone).

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 pm
Actually Ravenclaw10, i think that quote is from Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.

My favorite quote is when Ron calls the telephone, a "Fellytone".

frequent_contributor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:21 am
Thats a funny one!

I don't remember this quote word for word but its from Half-Blood Prince in DADA class and they were talking about inferi and Snape asks

"Describe the diffrence between a ghost inferi" and Harry says "Ghosts are trasnparent" and Snape starts like making fun of him and then ROn says well.. blahblahblah [lol, I can't remember exactly!] but it was really funny.

hahah lol, I know it doesn't sound like it is but it really is!

:]
-?kreacher
currently reading: A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Ersatz Elevator

regular_visitor

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:40 pm
Ron:  how did you do it? Harry: i didn't put my name in the cup! Harry: your being stupid, Ron: yeah,I'm Harry Potters stupid friend.

Goblet of fire

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:36 pm
"Happyness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to switch on the light"- Dumbledore, its from the third movie, not mentined on the books :P

Voldy Awesome!!!!

frequent_contributor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:12 pm

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:
I love every single thing said in HP, choosing one is like choosing a favorite character(which is impossible). But I bet you didn't know that in OoTP page 766, halfway down the page, it says Twilight fell. Yeah, good quote for everyone who hates T******T(which should be everyone).

Hey, have you even read Twilight? Its a good book :(

frequent_contributor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:16 pm
"Nitwit!Blubber!Oddment!Tweak!"~Albus Dumbledore
and
"Azkaban -the wizard's prison Goyle. Honestly, if you were any slower ,you'd be going backwards. -Draco Malfoy
and
"I can teach you to bottle fame,brew glory,even a stopper to death-if you aren't a big bunch of dunderheads I usually have to teach" -Severus Snape
and
"Mr.Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor...." -the Marauders Map

and, well I could go on forever:P

frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:45 pm
Ooooh, that's hard. There's a lot of funny ones in the HP books. I like a lot of them. Well, here are some of my favorites:

"I've been - a - a - "
"Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron?" - Fred, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Me? I see myself holding a pair of thick woolen socks." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"Ron, you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet." Hermione Granger, (I don't know which book!)

Well, those are some of them, but I'll definitely come back because there are sooo many more!

contributor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:26 pm
"There is nothing worse than death,Dumbledore!"
Voldemort/Tom Marvolo Riddle,HP and the O of P

LAVENDER39

TRUST NO ONE

SEAWEED BRAIN RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Nitwit! Oddment! Blubber! Tweak!"-Albus Dumbledore

"Finnick?"

"What?"

"How about some pants?"

... "What? You think this-"

He strikes a ridiculously provocative pose.

"is too distracting?"-Finnick and Katniss

"Fire is catching. And if we burn, you burn with us!"- Catniss Katniss

"I always channel my emotions into my work. That way I don't hurt anyone but myself."- Cinna

"Okay, update. When I see Pointdexter and Mortica on the plane? I freak. I’m, like, what happened to my kids? I think, they’ve, like, eaten you. Then they tell me what happened.Bragging.They’re, like, fourteen and eleven, but they talk like they escaped from a Clue game. ‘Forged the tickets, ho-ho!'-Anyway, they threaten me,yada yada, and of course I argue and I'm figuring in my head, ‘ha-ha the next thing is they put poison in the drink'-but I'm,like,'Nahh,of course they're not that skeezy.’ Then I see her actually doing it, like  two inches away from me- uh,hello?So I get kinda mad-you know, act like I'm going to drink it, and then zam,I spritz the stuff all over their faces.Well,I'm,like,'Nyah,nyah,this is really funny,’ but they start to totally wig out and fall all over each other to get their carry-on- they're,like,'Eek our faces have schmutz on them!' And I'm, like, ‘dudes, grow up!’ So I take their carry-on and sit on it.Um.Baad idea." -Nellie Gomez, the Sword Thief

"I also play basketball pretty well for a guy who didn't start until he was two thousand years old."-Quintus/Daedalus From PJO and the Battle Of The Labyrinth

You know, we could all learn something from crayons. They are all different colors, some bright, some dull. They're all different lengths; short, long, stubby, skinny. But somehow, just somehow, they all learn to live in same box. : )

“Ally.” Peeta say’s the words slowly, tasting it. “Friend. Victor. Enemy. Target. Mutt. Neighbor. Hunter. Tribute. Ally. I’ll add it to the list of words I use to try to figure you out.” -Peeta, Mockingjay

"You want us to go off and save the world on Happy the Dragon?" -Jason, The Lost Hero

I gotta get back to Hogwarts!

96% of people who would see Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter crash at the same time would fall into a comma and die, if you are one of the 4% laughing your head off copy and paste this into your signoff

HP luver to the max!

Put this as your signoff if you know or are related to someone who was killed at Hogwarts when it was under siege by Death Eaters. Over 50 witches and wizards died in this attack. 93% of people won't repost this, will you be part of that magical 7% that will? Use as your signoff to show your support.

If the world ends in 2012, we’ll just have Kayne West interrupt it.

TEAM GALE 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinna told me to use this as my signature.

Every year 24 teenagers enter the Hunger Games. Only one survives. And there’s one rule: Kill or be killed.

Feel free to use anything in my signoff!

frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Here you go, some more quotes I like, but a lot of these will be from Goblet of Fire, because I have it open in front of me right now...

"Give her he*l from us, Peeves." - Fred Weasley, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (sorry it has a swear word in it!)

"There you go. Something for you to wear on Tuesday. You might even have a scar now, if you're lucky...That's what you want, isn't it?" - Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy." Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down." - Minerva McGonagall, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"We're not thundering, we're walking. Sorry if we've disturbed the top-secret workings of the MInistry of Magic." - Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"If you made a better rat than a human, it's not much to boast about, Peter." - Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

HARRY POTTER RULES FOREVER!!!!

frequent_vsitor

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 am
OMG, there are so many quotes I like, and here's one more, I loved it! I'm probably getting on everyone's nerves - HP RULES!!!

"Saintlike. You see, I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?" - George Weasley after he lost an ear, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

That one was sooo funny. Peace out! :smileyhappy:

frequent_vsitor

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:31 pm

_soccerhorse10_ wrote:

My brother noticed that...lol.

"These are old man shoes!"

"Excuse me?"

"I love them...a lot."

-The Sorcerer's Apprentice

"Have fun eating your rope."

~Fablehaven

**eaa001 is trying to get 100 posts on her thread!  Help out by replying here and putting this message in your signature!**

visitor

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:39 am
Ron: "How much for this?" Both Twins: "10 Galleons." Ron:"But i'm your brother!" Twins:"15 Galleons!"  Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Half Blood Prince                 Dumbleodre" of course it's inside your head harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?" Deathly Hallows

regular_contributor

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:18 am
''All's fair in love and war.''
~Ronald Weasley, Deathly Hallows

''Life is too serious to take it seriously'' Oscar Wilde

''Nobody is perfect. Well, I am Nobody!

''You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!''

~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 pm
''Yes''
''Yes sir''
''There's no need to call me 'sir', Professor!''
Harry Potter and Severus Snape, Half-Blood Prince.

''I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."
Ronald Weasley, Goblet of Fire

And a billion of others l can't remember.

''Life is too serious to take it seriously'' Oscar Wilde

''Nobody is perfect. Well, I am Nobody!

''You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!''

~Hippolyte

[ 265 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team