General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 16 posts ] Average score:  
 What's Your Patronus?
new

Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:43 pm

J.K. Rowling says that Patronuses are usually nonmagical creatures that you either like or have some special connection to. Considering this, what would your patronus be?

Re: What's Your Patronus?
new

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:50 pm

My magical Patronus would be a phoenix, and my non-magic would be a spider.

new

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:17 am

how do you use this thing again sad

regular_contributor

Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Wow, that's cool information! I always thought Patronuses were animals that "reflected the matter of your soul" or whtvr but I actually think it's cooler that they're not /that/ significant to the wizard. Just an animal you like, cool. Or the strong connection stuff, so Umbridge who loves cats has a cat, and Harry who misses his father has James' Patronus. Cool, v cool.

Also idk what mine would be lately I've been thinking of maybe some cool bird like a hawk or an eagle but i'm not /that/ cool~

new

Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:22 am

Hmm...I've always found this a hard question to answer. Lately I've been thinking that my patronus might be some sort of dog, or maybe a rabbit. But watch this have changed by tomorrow. :grin:

~Songbird49

new

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:04 am

Magical would be a puffskien because they're so cute and I luv them and they are a lot like me, besides their liking of boogers. Nonmagical would definitely e a horse. I don't know why, but a horse seems to define me.

new

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm a dolphin, but magical would be puffskien.

new

Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Hmm... Well, if it's just an animal that you like, mine would definetly be a wolf! :)

frequent_contributor

Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:00 pm

the concept of patronuses was just now made way less stressful for me because of this new information I'm learning! the more you know I guess... so I think I would appreciate a deep sea creature with very bright bioluminescence, looks like I'm doing some reasearch. That does get me intruiged about the potential to have a more "colorful" patron. This warrants some examples:

• The Vampire Squid: I want this one as my patronus. (Vampyroteuthis infernalis which is a really funny scientfic name to translate btw) it only lurks in the bottom of the ocean, and it has these awesome bioluminescent tentacles & eyes. 

Other animals that would make interesting patronuses

• Okapi: honestly I do love these guys, they kind of look like llamas with zebra legs but they're related closer to girraffes. 
  • Chameleons: or in the same strand, a Mimic Octopu
  • Blob fish: could you imagine if someone finally managad to produce a corporal patronus and it ended up being a freaking blob fish because they thought they looked funny or something. crying omg
  • Glaucus Atlanticus: JUST LOOK THIS THING UP IT'S SO COOL I WANT IT AS MY PATRONUS OMG
  • The Saiga Antelope: honestly now this list is just a compilation of animals I can't believe actually exist but I'm ok with that. 

new

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:33 am

So, I've taken a jazilion different quizzes, and when I'm honest, every time I get a deer, not a doe, like Lily Potter and Severus Snape, a deer like James Potter and Harry Potter, I was hoping for that one, too.

new

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:39 am

Mine would toatally be a unicorn fun and brave is how I roll

new

Tue May 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Mine is a dog like Ron!

new

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:21 am

A BIG HUGE DRAGON THAT SPITS BLASTS OF PATRONUS FIRE SIX OR SEVEN FEET LONG! I LOVE DRAGONS!!!!

-Dragoncrown485

new

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:31 am

Mine would be a wolf because I am nice to those who are nice to me, but I am fierce around those who try to hurt me or my friends. I also have a deep connection with wolves. I dunno why. Also because I hang out with Fred and George (Hyena and Coyote) so I have similar traits.

new

Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:58 pm

I really love animals so this is kinda hard for e to decide, i think my ''non magical'' patronus would be a dog. Ever since i was younger I had a love for these beautiful creatures and everytime i see one i just feel a warm cozy feeling. My ''magical'' patronus would have to be a Pegasus because I feel as if it would be right considering i how powerful and strong they are.heart

new

Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:05 pm

my patronus would be a stag

[ 16 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team