Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 When does a cuss word make a movie "Too Bad for Kids"?
visitor

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:11 pm
In the 90's people could use soooo many cuss words without anyone in the theater leaving because of the profanity. Ten years later a few words could make a G rated movie turn R. I mean the "F" word could be one word we could really take out, as is the "P" word. I have to say, the "N" word was common in the 60's so when making things from the 60's it's common, but when did it turn into a "bad" word. Many words have a good side to them. Such as the name of a donkey. Or the name of a black man. When did they really turn "bad"? Why are they "bad"? Will the word ever know? Or is everyone just gonna keep descending into a darkness that turns every common word bad. I could tell a kid the word "desk" is a bad word and he would tel everyone, pretty soon a city, a country, even the world would turn it bad. They word say "Did you hear that desk is a bad word now?" Then everyone might own a "hunk of wood", and we can't have that, now can we?

-Miss Understood

P.s. I WILL BE BACK.... Look out for more.

Re: When does a cuss word make a movie "Too Bad for Kids"?
new

Wed May 25, 2016 4:17 pm

I agree!

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team