Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 16 posts ] Average score:  
 Where Did You Go [Alien/Human Romance] PROLOGUE & CHAPTER 1

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Where Did You Go

Prologue

The control room filled with panic. Chaos broke out. Screaming. Running. Yelling. Papers and documents flying threw the air. They were going to crash. Only one stood calm. The least significant. The disliked one. The different one. He stood there, the fierce wind blowing in his hair which was as green as grass (...). His expression was calm, composed. No fear showed in his yellow eyes. Beautiful, spiralling blue patterns snaked up his pale, thin arms, outlined with silver. His pupils were slits. He was beautiful to look at. But hated. Very hated. They yelled at him. Why wasn't he running? He needed to be prepared. That idiot was standing there stupidly and they were going to crash. Never mind. They'd leave him. He was only an apprentice. He was rude and insolent, disobedient and reckless. They'd be better off without him. No one liked him. And they fled off the spacecraft, landing easily on the station below. And he stood there, not moving a muscle. The spacecraft slipped through the atmosphere. And then impact. It crashed to Earth.

Chapter One

Georgia frowned. The news explained it.

A strange spacecraft, found just 10 miles from the city Georgia lived in, Forden. Everyone was talking about it. They were terrified, excited. There had been no one found in it.

She rolled her eyes. Probably only a satellite, crashed to Earth. She shoved on her hoodie and went outside. The air was cold. She was used to it. She trekked into the woods, just at the edge of the city.

And lying there unconcious, blood trickling down  the side of his face, he was there. Him. He had futuristic messy green hair, and yellow eyes with slits for pupils, and he was extremely pale. He was thin, and on his arms there were blue, swirly, tribal patterns, which obviously weren't tattoos, outlined with silver. She did a double take. She was seeing things, going mad, stupid imagination... she nudged him with her foot, then stepped back quickly, brushing her black hair out of her eyes.

"Ow." he groaned, struggling to sit up. She stared.

"Where in Myst am I?" he asked, looking round. She blinked.    

"Myst? And who are you?" she queried. He frowned.

"Oh. OK. We're not in Myst. I'm Lyx. Where are we?"

"We're in... Forden."

"Nice planet." Lyx said, looking round. Georgia laughed.

"Forden isn't a planet. Anything but. You're funny. You look weird. Are those tattoos? Is your hair dyed?" He looked confused.

"My hair has been this colour since birth. All Kyrex's hair is naturally this colour. Your hair is black. Did you dye yours? Are you even a Kyrex? And these patterns are because I'm from this special tribe. They're from birth too. They're naturally in my skin." Lyx answered. Georgia felt awkward for a moment.

"OK. I'm a human. From Earth." Lyx's eyes lit up.

"I've heard about them! I thought that was a myth. Scientists studied Earth! Only 6 million years ago! There was no life." Georgia did another double take.

"6 million!? How old are you?''

Lyx bit his lip.

"I'm still young. I'm only 6000." he said.

"6000?''

''Yep.''

"You look young. About... 16." she told him. He raised an eyebrow.

"Are you insulting me? I do not look like a toddler." he said angrily. She blinked.

"No, no! It's just, on Earth... well... 16 is... about nearly an adult." she explained.

"Oh. Well, in Myst, the planet I live on... 16 is about a few weeks for you, I guess. I'm not too good at Maths. I need an Irex for it."

"An Irex?"

"A slave."

Georgia looked at him.

"Slave labour isn't right." she said disapprovingly.

"My Irex is called Aryx. They can't speak. They don't know how. We're forbidden to teach them. She can't learn by listening to other people, too. They... do something to their brains, so they can't learn anything new apart from what their masters want them too. And you don't want an Irex that can't speak. That's unacceptable. It could get you lasered."

Georgia almost cried.

"So... why are they tortured so much?"

"Tortured?"

"Sounds like torture to me."

"They were born in unacceptable circumstances. A parent of a Kyrex and a... human. Humans are OK as friends. But marrying is illegal and shunned."

George realised that she liked him. He was so easy to talk to. And he was beautiful. Amazingly handsome. Futuristic. Different. Not like the other boys she'd met. What would the media do if they found out about him? The scientists. They'd dissect him. Experiment. Cage him up. A real alien. Proof to the extreme.

"I'm not safe, really, for humans. You don't want to be my friend." he admitted sadly.

"Why?"

"I could turn at any second.(...) Abduct you and torture you. Try to... turn you. Don't give me any reason to do that. It's horrible." he shuddered.

"Turn me?"

"Into one of us. A Kyrex. I was turned. I was a human... I can't remember that... must have been nice. Kyrexes are immortal. It's torture, knowing you've got aeons ahead of you. They're sort of racist to turned Kyrexes. They call them Outcasts." he said sadly.

"You don't seem like an Outcast to me. You're really nice. How do you turn people?" Georgia asked. She twiddled her thumbs.

"It's not nice. Something happens to our eyes. They go all red and scary. The human takes one look and they're locked. They can't stop looking. And then they scream. And they're changing... and screaming... I remember it... those screams..." 

Wow I've made this long blush Sorrry :)

Re: Where Did You Go [Alien/Human Romance] PROLOGUE & CHAPTE
new

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Wow. That was awesome. Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!

regular_contributor

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 pm

very interesting, and maybe the main charrie can be immunefrom changing into an alien without even knowing it.

new

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:40 pm

nice work!:)

new

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am
yeah!

new

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:01 pm
This is way to good to be true. You should finish it , publish it , and sell it . You'd make millions

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:43 pm
one word: AWESOME!!!!!

new

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:43 pm
Wow! I SOOO WISH I COULD WRITE LIKE THAT!!! :P

new

Mon May 12, 2014 8:27 pm
I SO LOVE YOUR STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't worry if your story is long i always write long storys

new

Fri May 16, 2014 1:40 am
Who cares if it's long! It's amazing! You should write more!!

new

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:00 am

Amazing story!!! It is great!!! I'm sure I'll see this story in the bookstores and libraries someday.One suggestion: In the prolouge you describe how the alien looks and in chapter one you describe how the alien looks again. I think that you only have to describe how the alien looks one time.

new

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:19 pm

AMAZING!!!!!!!!That was WONDERFUL. Write more, please!!!!

new

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Publish this book you really should you could be a best selling author you could sell millions nice work!!

new

Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:25 pm

Im going to be honest. 

I'm not a fan... maybe it's because it reminded me too much of Twilight... I didn't like Twilight. Maybe tweak it here and there mostly the whole thing about turning that really striked TWILIGHT! In my face. Otherwise it's SUPER cool! 

new

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:58 am

AWESOMENESS! I'm not really into romances, and that's saying something!!!!! WRITE MORE!!!!

-Dragoncrown485

new

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:35 pm

MORE! MORE! MORE! I hate romances! But this is the exception! KEEP GOING!

[ 16 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team