Reading Buzz Board!

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Who am I?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:09 am

Who am I?  I always hated that question.  I could tell you the obvious,                                          

that I’m a just a teenage guy.  But what good would that do?  I won’t                                        

really know why I’m here in this world or what my purpose is.  The truth                                          

is that I don’t know who I am.  I don’t know a lot of things about myself.                                            

I don’t believe that there is a set “meaning of life”.  I life has whatever                                      

meaning you give to it.  Sometimes for me that might be obvious.  I’m an                                    

older brother, here to keep my little brother and sister safe. I’m a friend to                              

those that don’t have any other friends.  I’m there to give them someone                                              

to talk to, someone who will listen to them. Who won’t tell them “ it’s just a                                  

phase” or to “suck it up it’s not that bad”.  That there is someone who cares,that                                            

they mean something to me.  But sometimes it’s not so easy.  Sometimes                                          

I need someone to turn to.  But everyone else already has their own problems,                              

why should I burden them with mine?  I can deal with it by myself.  But sometimes                              

it’s so much easier to help someone deal with their demons that it is to face                                    

your own.  After all, how do you explain that you like being alone but you don’t                                          

want to be lonely?  That I want to be loved but I’m to afraid to be close to someone.                          

How do I follow my religion?                                

How do you explain to someone that you have a problem when you’ve already                                          

convinced yourself that you don’t?  How do you face things?  But I don’t want to be a burden.                                  

And it’s just so much easier to push it all down behind the mask I wear.  To bury it                                    

all behind a smile that says everything is ok, while my eyes still cry out for help.                                        

But the someone asks the question “Who am I?”.  And how else can I answer but                            

with “I don’t know.”

Re: Who am I?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi- wow- what a message! I'm 99% sure everyone at some point struggles with these kinds of questions. I modified your message a little to make it appropriate for all ages on this board. 

Apart from getting support on this board, I really hope there are people around you who can help you with these questions. I know I feel better when I talk it out! 

Big hug!

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team