Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 30 posts ] Average score:  
 Who is your least favorite good guy
new

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:33 pm
No, Mundungus doesn't count, or that would be a lot of people's least favorite. Here are some examples: Ron Weasley Hermione Granger Luna Lovegood Neville Longbottom Molly Weasley Arthur Weasley Remus Lupin Sirius Black Albus Dumbledore Minerva Mcgonagall Nymphadora Tonks Kingsley Shacklebolt Sibyll Trelawny Seamus Finnigan Dean Thomas Ernie Macmillan Hannah Abott

Re: Who is your least favorite good guy
new

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:28 am
Slughorn :-)

s u m m e r d a w n 2 8

new

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 pm
To be honest, I don't like Ron. It's not that I hate him or anything. It's more of a lack of things I like about him than any reason why I hate him.

regular_contributor

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:48 pm
I think it's kinda Ginny Weasley :B

contributor

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:39 am
Good question! :D Gilderoy Lockhart is probably up there, if he counts as a "good guy." :roll:
~Elphie

new

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 am
Well, Ron and Ginny are my favorites (for a multitude of reasons that is appropriate for a different thread)...so I think I'm going to have to go with Percy. Because for all the flak he gets, he's still loyal and courageous, and comes back to the right side at the end. What makes him my least favorite "good guy," is probably the very flaws that made him leave in book five. They're, to an extent, relatable flaws, but they do show a certain weakness in character.

new

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 am
Gildory Lockhart,Snape ,and Slughorn.

new

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:04 am
Haha, my least favorite good guy is Harry Potter. Yep, I'm weird like that! XD

new

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:39 pm

If Snape counts, then Snape. Potter Puppet Pals ruined him for me ;3

new

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Mine would probably be ummm... gosh, this is hard! ok, mine are Sibyll Trelawny and Percy Weasly, even though I love Percy once he's back on the right side.

new

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:54 am

I don't particularly like Ginny. I know she isn't with the Death Eaters or anything, but she's just weak. She doesn't have a particularly strong character, and she clings on to people to do things for her versus doing them for herself. She's also very naive. She doesn't realize when people are using her, and when she does, she doesn't know what to do about it and relies on her siblings or Harry or Hermione to deal with it.

And Quidditch. How is she so good at Quidditch all of a sudden? Wouldn't she have known and tried out for the Quidditch team before the sixth book? This proves she didn't really want to. The only reason she joined is because Harry was the captain, and she had a crush on him. This shows another side of her weak character- she doesn't know what she doesn't want to do. 

.・.

AquaCat586

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look
at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
Sirius Black
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire-

・.・

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:58 pm

NEVILLE! Honestly, he always kinda annoyed me but I couldn't say why.

new

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:50 pm

all the DADA teachers (except Professor Lupin) and SNAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no       -dragonjade558

new

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:26 pm
"And Quidditch. How is she so good at Quidditch all of a sudden? Wouldn't she have known and tried out for the Quidditch team before the sixth book? This proves she didn't really want to. The only reason she joined is because Harry was the captain, and she had a crush on him. This shows another side of her weak character- she doesn't know what she doesn't want to do."

1. "How is she so good at Quidditch all of a sudden?"

Okay, this gets thrown around alot and I absolutely cannot understand it. At the age of 11, with no (not even a little bit) prior Quidditch experience at all, Harry is somehow this legendary, "better than Charlie Weasley," "youngest Seeker in a century" Quidditch player and virtually no eyebrows are raised in the fandom. Yet despite that, it's Ginny, someone who has been practicing since the age of six and made the team at the age of fourteen, who is always, always questioned and challenged over the legitimacy of her Quidditch talent. Why does this happen? Why is this a thing? How on earth is this "all-of-a-sudden?" I swear, it's either "Ginny is this perfect, popular, pretty, athletic, flawless, can-do-nothing-wrong, horrible, terrible Mary-Sue" or it's "Ginny is this weak, timid, shallow, stupid, whiny, annoying girl who has no merits." 

2. "Wouldn't she have known and tried out for the Quidditch team before the sixth book? This proves she didn't really want to. The only reason she joined is because Harry was the captain, and she had a crush on him. This shows another side of her weak character- she doesn't know what she doesn't want to do.""

a) Wood kept his team in years 1-3; it appears there were no tryouts in that time. There is nothing suggesting that Ginny had the opportunity to try out. 

b) There were no Quidditch games in year 4.

c) The only change to the original Quidditch team from 1-3 was the Keeper; it appears that Angelina made the tryout open for only that position.  Ginny likes Chasing; there were no open Chaser spots in year 5. She joined the team around the middle of OoTP as Seeker when Harry got cut; there is legitimate, demonstrated self-interest in Quidditch on Ginny's side.

3. "The only reason she joined is because Harry was the captain, and she had a crush on him."

Never, ever, ever stated directly or even implied in the books. Assuming this is true however, why on Earth would she have joined the team in book five? I'll give you a hint: it has nothing to do with her feelings for Harry. 

new

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Well,my least favorite is actually Harry. He's just to perfect in some ways...

1. Really nice. Also sticks up for people,

2. Smart,but makes bad grades sometimes

3. Dumbledores favorite. There is no explanation other than it gives the other students something to be jealous about and ME something to be jealous about.

4.He's perfectly clueless about girls and somehow always seems to get them.

5. He's athletic,emotional,girls love him,rebellious,loyal,protective,must I go on?

So there you have it. Yes,he's kind of awkward,but that just makes him more perfect!!! (rolls eyes) And also,he's populor in Gryffindor,Hufflepuff,Ravenclaw,everything except Slytherin.

And also,Neville us actually my favorite. Like how I said being kinda awkward makes Harry perfect? Hehehe....heartNeville is awkwardness OVERLOAD. Also loyal and kind,but thats for a different thread.

Bye!

new

Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:11 pm

I've got to say my least favorite out of Harry, Hermoine, Ron is Hermoine she is way to much of a goody- goody and can get very annoying at some parts of the book.

new

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:31 am

I'd say Lockhart, Lavender Brown, Slughorn, and UMBRIDGE. (ok so Umbridge isn't a good guy but I absolutely HAD to put her because I HATE her so much!!!) angry

new

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Ron. Yep I know alot of you will be surprised but I just dislike ron, as he is quite useless throughout the series other then the one time when he destroyed a horcrux. other than that all he does is take the female main character (Hermoine Granger) as a wife and yeah. He really just slows things down, makes too much noise, and is too sensitive. I guess his family is okay as they help Harry quite a bit throughout the series, but Ron himself really does nothing. I guess he can be funny at times but that is the only positive thing that he does consistivly throughout the series. 

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Slughorn- he relies too much on the "slug club" to do good things and get him stuff

new

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:46 pm

UMBRIDGE! She wins this by a a mile!

new

Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:16 am

I guess Snape, and YES I think he is a good guy, since he was always watching out for Hary. Some might rague that he was cruel and yes, that's true, but i think deep down he truly cared about HarryyesNever mind he was my MOST FAVORITE charcter in the end umm CAN'T ANSWER SORRY sadWHY! I A

new

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Hmm....let me think...maybe Lavender Brown

She treats Ron "Won-Won"  as if he were her little toy and didn't have feelings of his own

new

Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:29 pm

shape I con him a good guy because he was a double agent for 

new

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Do you mean good as in with Voldemort? Or without? Cause if they're separated into good and bad, Death Eaters or not, Umbridge is SO my worst character in the whole series.

Tue May 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Honestly, i kinda don't like harry. he's a bit of a jerk in a couple books, and ron is, um, i think it's comic relief. without hermione, they wouldn't BE anywhere! if you agree friend me!cheeky

new

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Eh, I'd have to say Percy. He's, well, he's not very kind, is he? He's easy to mislead and practically disowned himself from his own family to serve some higher power that ran him ragged. I felt actual sadness over how distraught and miserable Molly was over the loss of her son.

He didn't deliver the comic relief that the twins provided, nor did he give off the 'cool guy/momma's boy' vibe provided by Charlie -- heck, Charlie didn't even appear as much as Perce and I still like him better. I just don't like him.

new

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Slughorn

He was so wierd and too into Harryindecision

new

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 pm

Slughorn

He was so wierd and too into Harryindecision

new

Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:13 am

I'm going to argue that Mundungus Fletcher does count as a "good guy." After all, he was part of the Order. So he would be my least favorite. 

Don't much like Percy though. Or Lavener Brown. 

new

Fri May 27, 2016 9:50 pm

i would have to say ron. i don't hate him, just he's sort of whiny . But, he has to be there because he's hermoine and harry's only connection to the wizarding world. PLz loook at my posts! by.smiley

[ 30 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team