General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 43 posts ] Average score:  
 ~Who Keeps a Diary or Scrapbook?~
contributor

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:39 pm
People who love to write should keep a diary and people who love to craft should keep a scrapbook. Both are great for memories and recalls. I only keep a diary, but I'm going to work on my scrapbook!

Until we write again.
_AnneFrank's#1Fan_

Re: ~Who Keeps a Diary or Scrapbook?~
regular_contributor

Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:56 pm
i hav and wirte in a diary but only when sumthing emotional happens (even though evryday is happy peppy lol). like after a school dance or findin out a boy likes me (not nessarially good) i think u get the point. im also goin 2 start a scapbook of the shows ive been in (i plan 2 become an actress)! still its fun 2!

frequent_contributor

Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:39 am
I did have a diary, but writing in it every day was such a hassel and I never wanted to, so I just stopped doing it all together. I really should started doing it again.

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm
:smileyhappy: hey peoples,
i have a diary, a scrap book...
but i dont write any more i just
scrap book all my pictuers...
most of my pictuers that my father
is in....(he's no long with me
and my mom...)

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:23 pm
Hey.
I don't necessaraly keep a diary... but my wonderful language arts teacher encouraged me to have a book which states what i did and everything that happened in the day and lets me write during language arts. when you think about my journal i could show it to my teacher or classmate anytime.. its not private or anything:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

regular_contributor

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:36 am
I keep a diary, and something like a scrapbook.

The main problem with me is universal. I never happen to write in my diary everyday- only when something different has happened :-).

regular_contributor

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:22 pm
I keep both.

visitor

Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:27 pm
does a journal count?!   :)

contributor

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
Every so often I start a diary and write in it for a couple of days. The latest one was a Chanuka present. I wrote some stuff in there that I won't tell you about, and then I wrote some stories and poems. Then I wrote the summary of a dream I had. Others stayed on my desk all day and had Post-its on them saying "WRITE IN HERE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!!!!" I really am too busy writing on Scholastic and for other things to write much else. Besides, most of my writing reflects my life anyway.
But scrapbooking I am very interested in. I took a scrapbooking summer class for two years with my best friend and made lots of new friends, and lots of new scrapbooks, in the class. My first scrapbook was made with baby photos, and was overdecorated at the beginning and slowly got less decorated and less decorated until finally it was absolutely boring. Then I created a scrapbook about my ninth birthday party. It was completely overdecorated. My mom had bought the scrapbook and decorations for a birthday presents, and my dad printed out the photos. So I thought that since the scrapbook was birthday themed every picture had to relate to a birthday. I had some extra pages and some un-birthday-related photos left over. So the Memorial Day parade was 'if your birthday is on Memorial Day' and baby photos of my distant cousin were 'babies are invited too'  and a picture of my dad at the hospital pretending to be a doctor was 'if there's an accident at the party, the doctor can help!"
But my scrapbooks got better. At home, I created one about our trip to Washington, D.C. and Colonial Williamsburg. Then I created one about our trip to Israel, using a wooden scrapbook we bought in an Israeli craft store, during our trip, and Hebrew letter stickers we bought there as well. I made one as a present to my three-year-old cousin, filled with photos her parents lent to me. She loved it. And then there was the one I made using three ginormous presents- a huge scrapbooking set with two scrapbooks, a 64- marker super Sharpie set with metallic silver Sharpies, and a cutting set with a safe cutter, a cutting board, and about ten stencils. That scrapbook, as you can imagine, was the best. I am currently working on one that is filled with old photos, and after that we have another scrapbook reserved for our latest trip to Disney World. I am probably going to write a memoir about that, so check the Peer Review boards!

That's all for now,
magic*esi

frequent_contributor

Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:55 pm
A while ago, I kept a scrapbook. It wasn't the usual kind of scrapbook filled with pictures, though. I taped objects from events into it. For example, I was in the backstage crew for my fifth grade school play. One of the nights, there was a problem with moving the fake trees on the stage. I'd saved some of the leaves after the play was over, and when I started scrapbooking, I put them into the book. Also, I had a couple of pages dedicated to the fortunes in fortune-cookies.

_cavyheart_

frequent_vsitor

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:34 pm
it's great way to look back on who you were and have become. :smileyvery-happy:

Write with your heart,
Brandy

frequent_vsitor

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:33 pm
I have a diary and a scrapbook. Except I don't necissarily call my diary a 'Diary' I just like to think of it as a journal...same thing right? Well, I would just rather call it a journal because it doesn't sound so girly (even though I am a girl). lol...anyways...my scrapbook isn't very interesting yet, but I will get better at it. So...see ya later!

regular_visitor

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:44 am
I'm keeping a jornal strictly about somthing I'm doing know!
                   For a whiel I've had a litel bit of a weard feeling about writing and reading. Lot's of Adventures and for the longest time I jest wan'ted to be like Ella or like Saria. I felt like words on paper were the cllosest I'd ever come to adventer. But then I was looking for a sining of my favrit ather (gail corson leveen) and I relived I mised the one in my state last year.
              I was hart broken- Last year man! I WAS in orlando that time last year.
                                  So any way the next one is in colarodo . . . I'm so totaly going to colirodo! It's my chans! My adventure! My dream! It's my chans to jest once proove I can really be a hero . . . sort of. I'm not saving anything am I! well Mabie I'll have to do that to!
                                        For life! For Detah (well I hope not)! For boulder!
                                                        There can never be to many storys

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:32 pm
I have a collection of what I did on certain days. I wrote in the book pretty sporadically, so it's hardly complete or could be called a diary. But one time, when I was on vacation, I kept a diary for 3 weeks straight and I remember practically everything about that vacation. Pretty cool, huh? People: do you feel you remember days better when you write them down on a piece of paper or in a journal?

-chelshinkat

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:34 pm
ya! I totally agree. Like I kept a journal regularly when I was in third grade, and was looking back on it a couple of years ago, and I honestly felt like laughing out loud at some of the crazy stuff I had in there. :)

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:36 pm
cool. Yea, I went on a field trip to Washington, DC when I was in 8th grade, and in addition to having pictures and captions and stuff, I tried to have objects in there too. One night, we went to really yummy restaurant, so I put the menu into my book.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 pm
Hi Jessica.
I really think your idea of having separate notebooks for separate thoughts and stuff is so cool and organized. Whenever I keep a journal (rarely!), it's always really random and eclectic stuff all jumbled together into one book. Yea, I remember stuff better too when I write it in a journal.

:smileywink:

chelshinkat

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 pm
I hope so...

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm
ya. Whenever I'm really angry @ someone, or something good has happened, I tend to write it down either to vent or to preserve the emotion.

regular_visitor

Fri May 30, 2008 9:34 pm
I'm writing a fictional journal on top of my real one, to remind myself of what a good imagination I had when I'm older and forget things like that. Imagine if you were the presdient of some boring old company that was strictly by the book. Now if you stumbled apon the jounral you would be in for a bit of a shock would you not???

frequent_contributor

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm
I LOVE LOVELOVELOVELOVE LOVE diaries! I've written in one since I was in 1st grade and I'm now on my 25th! I used to do a scrapbook too, but I'm afraid I'm always in such a rush to tell the story, I never make it pretty enough! I like to take photos though, and draw!

contributor

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:54 pm
I keep a diary!!

Writing... a way to express who you are!

visitor

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:52 pm
I have 17 diaries. I am an OBSESSIVE writer. I write everyday, and pour out all my thoughts on paper. But it's really fun to look back on all those fun memories. I can scrap book if i want to , but usually i stick to diary writing. I fill up my diries within a month or two!!!!!!! hahaha

"The only way to tell if a writer is a good one is if they can create a character that you want to punch in the face." -Me :)

frequent_vsitor

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:30 pm
I keep a diary somewhere!
 But I am not telling you where!
:smileytongue:

From,
Missionarykate

contributor

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:27 pm
    I keep a diary in a locked box. I've had since 2nd Grade (so about four years).

Twinkie Blinkie

frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:46 pm
i've tried...but i never remember to keep writing in it

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:47 pm
Well I have like a thousand diarys. No scrapbooks. I love writing my thoughts I mean everyone has a secret............................:smileytongue:

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 09-28-2008 11:29 PM

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:47 am
I have always kept a diary but just 1 problom...........i cant find it....:smileysurprised:

contributor

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:51 am
I keep a very special diary and I try to write inside it every day.
I keep it carefully hidden in a carved wooden box!

From WelshWizard

regular_contributor

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:43 pm
I do both.

regular_visitor

Thu May 13, 2010 8:07 pm
I have both a diary and a scrapbook

new

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:24 am
I have a mini diary which fits my palm and I carry it everywherebut I write it wen something happens so I write it twice in two months...

new

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:52 pm
I have a diary! Love learning about Anne Frank and the Secret Annex! Millie Perkins plays Anne Frank and totally rocks! I , was wondering if anyone knows how old Millie Perkins is?

new

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:10 am
WHO LIKES THAT BOOK

new

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:59 pm
HOW I DO ON THE STACKS PAGE GO ONE THE MESSAGE BORDS TO CHECK THE EMIAL ................................. I THINK,YOU SHOULD DO MORE HOME WORK LOOK AT MY PAGE......... I ADD YOU AS A FREIND I KNOW YOU JUST DINDT GET YESTERDAY EVENING WHEN I WAS ON THE COMPUTER I LIKE TO SEE IF YOU WHAT TO CHAT OR NOT LET ME KNOW HOW I GOSE TO BE IF YOU WERE VERY HAPPY COME AND I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU SOON

new

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:54 pm
hi i am new ton this you should be my friend because i am relay cool to hang out with would you like to be my frined

new

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

I write in the diary sometimes, and I'm going to make a scrapbook and also make a poster about myself.

I THINK IT WOULD ALSO BE COOL TO DRAW YOUR FAVORITE THINGS YOU WANT TO REMEMBER ON THE WALLS OF YOUR ROOM. MY COUSIN DOES SO.

new

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 pm

i love anne frank i went to go see the lady that tryed to save her crying

new

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:17 pm

smiley I write a diary and i think diaries are amazing but not as googd as my drawing notebook

[ 43 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team