Save the Planet!

Announcements

Hi Everyone! Welcome to SAVE THE PLANET! Message Board — Talk about the environment, ask questions, share tips, and learn about what it means to be GREEN!

If you're visiting from the Save the Gorillas Board, welcome! This is your new place to share your ideas about saving the gorillas and other endangered species.

My name is Jessica, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about helping the environment. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help to keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 Why???
new

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:23 pm
Why do people have to be so mean to the enviorment?????Why are people cutting down so many trees??Why are people doing so many harmful things to the Earth that we live in today????only one anwser for that.....money because of our greediness the animals are paying for it.So lets be less greedy and more helpful to the enviorment and animals!!!!!

Re: Why???
contributor

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 am
Why do people have to be so mean to the environment? A.) Most people are not trying to. We need water, trees, and all those things. If we don't cut trees, how will we do things? I think we might be using too much though. We can't survive without meat either!

new

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm
Good point..we should reduce the amount of trees we cut in a day and reduce the animals that are killed each day.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 am
It may be because of poaching. Even though it is illegal in America, it isn't always in other countries. Also, people are always littering. I think you should do a beach clean-up where you live, or just clean up whenever you can like me, because I live in Wisconsin and our beaches by the Great Lakes are probably frozen LOL!

new

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:55 pm
actually, people can survive without meat. i personally am ok with killing animals when you are starving, but some people just kill animals for FUN.what is wrong with people these days?!?!

new

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 pm
People (and corporations)want to do things in the cheapest way posssible. If they run a lumber corporation, trashing our rainforests and killing animals is cheaper than spending tons of money on seeds to help forests grow back and shelters for animals who lost their homes when the rainforests were trashed. They cut down so many trees because the terrible way they make their lumber allows the lumber to be sold for cheap. If their lumber is sold for cheap, more people will buy it, so they cut down more trees to sell to more people. We can help though- just look up which companies actually take the time to do something for the environment, and only buy from them. It may be expensive at first, but the more peopole buying from companies that do good, the cheaper their prices will get because now they are getting enough money.

new

Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 pm
We can totally survive without meat. If you think protein would become a problem, eat some beans! Or nuts! Or cheese! Or yogurt! I believe that we are just being greedy and that we're doing all these things for money, which isn't even the key to make you happy, in my opinion. Take this: would you rather be rich, or loose our beautiful Earth and its marvelous creatures?

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team