General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 WIAS 2011 Nominations: Short Fiction Users
regular_contributor

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Yes, it is that time of the year.  Time to get the User Awards up and rolling!  :D This post is mostly for the newbies, but one thing for everyone on the boards: I talked it over with Scylla and Cavy, and we're not going to have any volunteers this year to do the different boards.  We think it will be faster and smoother if just one person ran it this year.  :) How the WIAs work for any newbies: The WIAs, this year, are broken into 2 sections:  the User Awards and the Works Awards.  I am in charge of the User Awards, and we're waiting on the final word from our dearest Cavy-la as to who will do Works this year.  (She knows who she wants, but that's her announcement, not mine.) The User Awards are just like they sound; they are awards for a specific user.  There are multiple categories, which I will post in a moment. I will post a nomination message on every genre's General Discussion board and people then nominate users for each category.  This typically takes 2-4 weeks.  Then, I take all the valid nominees (more on that in a second), and make a voting post.  In the voting post, you choose the person you think should win that specific category, out of the list of nominees.  This process also usually takes another 2-4 weeks, depending on the board. The winner of each category will then move on to the "Overalls" on the General Discussion "General Discussion" board, where the results from ALL the boards are collected and voted on.  This usually takes ANOTHER 2-4 weeks. Categories are as follows: Best Writer This is exactly how it sounds.  Who, do you feel, is the best writer on the Dramatic Script boards?  Which user shows utmost talent and skill for prose?  (Note:  you do NOT post the title of their book here.  That is what the Works Section is for.  This is solely for Users.) Most Contributing Which user, do you feel, contributes the most to this community?  This may be through answering other user's questions, supporting other users, posting updates, running a program (like WIWAS or the like), or any way that you think contributes to the community. Most Dedicated to the Boards Which user do you think is the most dedicated to the boards?  This isn't necessarily the one that posts the most, but the one who tries as hard as they can to stay on the boards, despite hectic schedules, family issues, health issues, etc.  Most Dedicated to Writing Which user do you think shows the most dedication to writing?  Again, this isn't necessarily the one that posts the most writing, but the one that shows the most dedication for their craft. Best Newcomer Which NEW user (I'll say any user that joined within the last year) do you think has shown great skills as a writer, and has been a great community member, despite being a newbie? Most Likely to be Published Before 18 This one is pretty straightforward: which user do you think is most likely to have their Short Story published before the age of 18? WIA Writer of the Year Award This is a relatively new award that requires no nominations on your part, only voting when voting time rolls around.  I choose 3 members that I felt have been outstanding users and writers.  :) Rules: 1. You cannot, under any circumstances, nominate or vote for yourself.  This includes separate or side-accounts.  So I could not nominate myself or vote for myself on my "Larry the Man-Eating Hamster" account, and TheLooker23 could not do the same on her "Mariachi Band" account.  (Those are merely examples.  Teresa has never done that, nor have I.) I WILL NOT COUNT ANY SELF-NOMINATIONS OR SELF-VOTES. 2.  You may nominate ONE person for each category.  Not two, not ten.  ONE. Alright?  Any questions? The nomination post will follow this one, so don't nominate on this post.  Look for the one labeled  "WIAs 2011: Short Fiction User Nominations". LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD! :D ~Tatiana~

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team