General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 30 posts ] Average score:  
 Will an actress, actor, or director help me?

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:58 am
HELP!

I need some tips on my production I am putting on. I would be so grateful if
someone would help me out. I am a director in distress!

Re: Will an actress, actor, or director help me?
contributor

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:39 pm
What do you need help with? I act on stage and would LOVE to help you! I do need more details though, what your message says doesn't really give me enough of what's going for me to help you out.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:52 pm
I'm here! I've been taking acting classes ever since I was young and adore it! :)

Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:25 pm
i'm here for you! what do you need help on?

im actually in Seussical right now so i can give you in-production tips to keep your cast happy if you want.

frequent_contributor

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:18 pm
Cool!  What production are you doing?  I am a future director!
Without Music the World would Bb

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:58 pm
I don't have classes, or tuff like that, but if it includes acting, I can help you.

visitor

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:18 pm
Just tell me what you need help with!

frequent_vsitor

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:29 pm
What do you need help with? I'd be happy to help :smileyhappy:

Don't be afraid to be silly,
Brandy

Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:16 pm
We can't help you if you not tell us what you need help with.

Sun May 25, 2008 10:53 pm
Ok, I am a actress but I'm not famous.
I am a drama, romantic, comedy actress.
First thing to do is always make sure you have the proper props for your production.
Like if you are doing a forest theme you would need prop trees etc.
Make sure the actors you have are going to put their mind to this, and be able to come to the rehersals.
Nerver go out of the way to make your porduction great, do the best you can if you try to hard someone may get hurt.
Make sure you have tthe right clothes for your actors.
You might need an asstintant, but make sure they will do the job.
you need a stage hand, person who works on the backstage.

I hope these tips will help you.

Fri May 30, 2008 6:11 pm
fIRST yOU nEED tO tELL uS wHAT tHE pLAY iS aBOUT.[tHINK oF a tOPIC!]
tHEN cOME bACK fOR hELP!wE cAN'T hELP yOU uNTIL yOU tELL uS wHAT yOU nEED hELP wITH?
-tAYLA-

frequent_contributor

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:54 am

_SnapeIsMyHomie_ wrote:
Cool!  What production are you doing?  I am a future director!
Without Music the World would Bb

Oooh! I might see you some day! tongue robot I like movie making and I wanna be in that industry. I don't really care actually. Whether it be a play, a movie or TV! I just love creating things!

Jess

frequent_vsitor

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:33 pm
Plays are hard to put on - and being the director means everything on your shoulders - but don't worry, it's soooo much fun once you get it started.

I have been acting since I was 6 and I know how productions role. (hahaha, sorry theater joke) First - Auditions. Pick parts! (But make sure there are not to many parts ecspecially on your first play) or you could just round a group of friends and just give out parts that wouldd suit them best.
Second - Rehersals. Set up rehersal time that go well with everyone's schedules. And make sure you have a good rehersal place to do it. ( i.e. a large empty room at your house or if your lucky enough to have one a theater)
Third - Costumes and Props. Decide on costumes that will fit a suit the actors and their characters. Get props ahead of time so you'll be ready to reherse with them.
Fourth - Start! Those are your basics for getting a play ready. Good luck!!!

frequent_contributor

Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:36 pm

_DramaRama24_ wrote:
Plays are hard to put on - and being the director means everything on your shoulders - but don't worry, it's soooo much fun once you get it started.

I have been acting since I was 6 and I know how productions role. (hahaha, sorry theater joke)

Haha.   HAHA.  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I get it!!!!  ('role' is the part in the play, and when you talk about how something 'rolls'  it means how it goes)  Tehe.

contributor

Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:12 pm
   Well, do you have characters? Have auditions, than see who is most comfortable portraying which character. I wouldn't really considering myself an actress (I've starred in one 1st Grade play and 1 school musical, where I was the awesome old lady who beat people up with her cane and also a Mockingbird).
    Try to plan things out, that way it won't be such a jumbled mess.

Twinkie Blinkie

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:36 pm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................That's tuff............................................

frequent_vsitor

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:06 am
Hi!
Umm..... I'm a shakespeare actress!!!
Have everyone comment after rehearsals

visitor

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 pm

I am a pro at acting I would have to say.....But i have only been  and angel in 3 nativity stories Violet in Charlie and the chocolate factory The queen of hearts in Alice in wonderland and the maid in catastrophe kingdom and 1 of the two headed dragons in Egyptian treasures and Jill in cheaper by the dozen.

I would suggest breaking the ice and first day of rehearsals make a day of acting games to kind of get people to get to know each other and make friends so no one is really like stiff and nervous. When i was in Cheaper we did a game every morning.

If your writing a script as a group let everyone get a chance to put an idea out there and try to incorporate it into the story! EXAMPLE:

A dog is trapped in a bubble and needs to find a way out.

IF SOMEONE IS OBSECCED WITH HORSES MAKE A HORSE BE IN A BUBBLE NEXT TO THE DOG SO HE HAS SOME HELP GETTING OUT. EXAMPLE:

A dog is trapped in a bubble and needs to find a way out. Along floats a horse who is also trapped in a bubble......

See what I’m saying? OK I think that’s enough for now. BTW Always have fun. that is what acting is there for you to have fun and for your audience to see you having fun and have fun with you. Kinda like that laugh with you not at you saying but then again not so much.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 pm
  1. Tell me what the play/musical is about
  2.  Then I will try to help you
  3. Then post a shout out on my page about it!!!!

contributor

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm
Ive been in Wizard of Oz, and Pinnochio! I would help produce to!

visitor

Mon May 21, 2012 8:51 pm

I am an actress and I will help out with anything you need!

~Karalie

new

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:29 pm
What do you need help with?

new

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 am

@_SnapeISMyHomie_ and emmafan911:LOL!!!!!! Same with me!!!! I might see you guys some day:) Either on directing a movie with you or acting in a movie directed by you!

~Samantha Canterwood/BrilliantAthena33~

new

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 pm
I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP I CAN HELP Like it says up there, I can help. I am a screen writer that actually sends my work to Hollywood.

new

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 pm
okay no matter what the pruduction is about find someone who you admiare or have a pruduction party and have people in the drama club help you out dont ask random people ask people you care about BUT DONT ASK YOUR SIBLING FOR HELP

new

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:43 pm
I love writing and acting but I need to know what it is about to help!

new

Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm
what help do you need i can help!!!

new

Sun May 12, 2013 1:21 am
First of all, I need more information. Is it a dramatic script, or an advnturous one? Are you a director that is known across the country, or an inspiring one that does little works with groups of friends? I direct, write, act, and sing. I know the works of the stage. I've been in multiple huge community plays, and I am going to be in a Disney role next semester. But above all, more information, please!!!!!!

new

Mon May 13, 2013 3:18 pm
hey im not a director but i do know alot about tip on relaxing and if you are in a tough stage then you have to cool off nwith some thing that really dosent bother you like a massage for instance and anther being away on a vacation or some what to a place you love even if you house but just by yourself and even if u want as a suggeten you can be just in a corner no one next to you and by yourself well that is my suggestions if you like fine if not then sorry but you are welcome All Good , Detectivesparkly14

[ 30 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team