Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 12 posts ] Average score:  

Was this a good piece for a six year old?
YES!!! 60%  60%  [ 27 ]
IT'S GOOD FOR ANYONE!! 24%  24%  [ 11 ]
NOT REALLY... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I COULD DO WAY BETTER!! (i do not recommend this option) 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
it's okay 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 45
 WORK IN PROGRESS!!!! A PIECE OF WROK FROM WHEN I WAS 6!!!!
visitor

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:12 pm

So there I was, standing on a boat in the middle of the ocean, stranded. All I could see was water for miles and miles. My head pounding from being dehydrated. I sat down, slowly, on the floor of the boat. How I got stranded here? I don’t know. One minute I was fishing and I was pushed down in the water I fell unconscious and next thing I knew I woke up and was out in the middle of the sea. I was afraid of getting hurt by one of the fish so I started swimming frantically. I found a worn down boat floating farther and farther away from me. I swam as fast as I could to the boat. I saw a fin getting closer by the minute. Shark, I thought. I was climbing frantically but, I kept slipping down because I was climbing to fast. So I calmed down and slowly climbed up the side of the boat. I made it up in the boat and sat on the floor, soaking wet. The shark slammed into my boat making it rock back and forth. When he realized he couldn’t get me he swam off into the ocean. Now I’m stuck here with no water, no food and no life ahead of me. But then I saw a cruise ship coming toward where I was. I started waving my hands frantically and yelling at the top of my lungs. Obviously they saw me because it honked it’s horn and started to come faster my way. I stood there happily thinking, my life’s not over! I will live! As it got as close as possible I climbed in. That’s strange, I thought. There’s no one on this cruise ship. I walked around looking for the captain. I found a room with someone in it. I opened the door and shuffled in. The man turned around and stared straight at me. We were like this for a minute or so then I got the courage to ask a question “ umm why are there no people on this cruise ship?” I asked. “ Cause I found it,” the man answered. “ What do you mean you “found it?” I asked. “ This is stolen and I , am a wanted man. Police will be coming” He said calmly. I stared at him with a blank face then I ran as fast as I could away from him.

I could hear loud footsteps booming behind me. I was tempted to look behind me but didn’t. I was afraid he was very close to me. I didn’t think I was able to go any farther when the footsteps stopped I slowed down and looked behind me, someone was standing there but not that strange looking man I saw earlier. It was a woman, blond, very skinny and blue eyes. Her clothes, pink t-shirt and white capris pants. She ran over to me and whispered cautiously “ Hurry leave this place! It’s horrible! Leave while you can!” Then she ran off. I looked around to see if I could find her. But, she was no where to be found. It was like she disappeared into thin air. I looked over the boat into the ocean and found an escape boat. I looked around to see if I could find anyone looking at me. I jumped into the boat and unlatched the rope. The paddles were already attached so I paddled out to the sea. I tried to follow the way I came but that was nearly impossible. Suddenly I felt a magnetic pull from the ocean below. My pocket started to vibrate. Oh my gosh! I remembered I had a compass in my pocket! I pulled it out but the needle was twirling wildly. Oh no I thought. I’m in the Bermuda triangle.

My head was spinning and my heart was beating. I knew that the Bermuda triangle was a myth but my stomach still fluttered. I turned around the boat and rowed away.

Re: WORK IN PROGRESS!!!! A PIECE OF WROK FROM WHEN I WAS 6!!
new

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 pm

WOAH!!! YOU WERE SIX?!?!?! SOME ADULTS CAN'T WRITE THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Did you really write this when you were six?  Are you pulling my leg?  It's pretty cool though!  :)

new

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:26 pm

If you were 6 when you wrote this then how would you know words like dehydrated of frantically?indecision:( 

~JadePug~ 

"I get by with a little help friends."

~John Lennon

I heart THG and The Beatles!!!!!!!!!!

new

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Were u seriously six?!? I mean, I don't even write that good!!!! XD

catrule!!!

visitor

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 pm
I did not write the words "dehydrated" and "frantically" I wrote those words recently b4 i posted it on the boards just so it would make the story longer and more intresting bcuz the words used to be "out of breth" and "hury" (that was how i spelled them when i was 6) but overall most of it was when I was six.

new

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:35 pm
This is great. You hsould write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:00 am
6? this is GOOD! Wow, I wish I wrote like that when I was 6...

new

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 pm
Wow, that was amazing!! Did you actually write that when you were 6?!? If you did, then you r like a supergenious or something!!

new

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:49 pm

you are an asome 6 year old!!!

I can't believe you were six! serously though were you 6 when you wrote that?

uraza's lucian,

Emma / MistCat120

new

Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:04 pm

You are awesome!

new

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Oh. My. Word. It's hard to believe you were only six when you wrote this. Totally awesomesauce!

[ 12 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team