General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 Write a memoir! (or not!)
frequent_vsitor

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 pm
I was just wondering what your best summer memory was. Wheater it was a vacation or just a fun day hanging out with your friends at a pool on a hot day. It can be in the form of a memoir or you can just tell me about it, below is mine.

BEST SUMMER MEMORY EVER!
My best summer memory was going to Disney World for the first time. It was so much fun! I remember running round the park with my family from the morning all the way untill closing time! I remember not wanting to leave at all! Hopefully I will be able to go back again soo for more moments of fun!

Re: Write a memoir! (or not!)

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:47 pm
MY BEST MEMOIR
Well, when I was little we used to have a black golden retriever.(I was 4).Our dog was about 4 inches bigger than me.Then one day i wanted to go outside and pet it.When i got closer to her she jumped on me.I was telling myself this is it i am dead.But all of a sudden it licked me.Even if was a scary memoir i still remember that dog.

:smileywink:

frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:44 pm
cool!

visitor

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 pm
My best summer memory is definetly going to camp and meeting a foster-care child whom I want to help.
Not2bad

special_guest

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 pm
Make sure you're not just sharing a memory and calling it a memoir! This *is* the general discussion board, so you don't have to write a long, involved story, but I saw that the title of this thread was an invitation to write a memoir and wanted to encourage you all to do just that - turn the memories you've shared into memoirs, or personal narratives. From the few sentences in this post and its responses, I can tell that there are stories just waiting to be told. :)

Jessica

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team