General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 Write with me, if you are bored like I am right now
new

Fri May 31, 2013 10:02 am
So all you do is just continue my story as long as you could:

Haley Scott threw down her pencil, and her sister, Ida, looked up. But only for a second.

"I don't want to study!" Haley grunted.

"Well, nobody does, but we still do, don't we?" Ida replied, her eyes still on her notebook.

Haley looked out the window. It was a great day. The sun was shining so lightly, and orange sunlight drifted inside the window. A light ruffled Haley's gollden hair.

That's when Haley saw it. Ashadow in the front garden. Haley's heart picked up. She wanted to tell Ida, but does she dare to, or will she invistigate it herself?

Re: Write with me, if you are bored like I am right now
new

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 am
(WitchUnicorn5) I'LL STILL MY STORY PARTS ON YOUR ROLEPLAY.

FROM, dreamtimepink9

PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE. IF YOU WANT "THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB" BOARD,
"THE ALLIE-FRINKLE'S" BOARD, "THE 39-CLUES" BOARD. BACK.

new

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 pm
Haley knew Ida would not believe her so she went down to investigate the shadow herself, she told Ida " I'm going to take a walk to refresh my thoughts. Ida wasn't listening so Haley walked down to investigate. Behind a bush she saw the shadow again and went there. Behind the bush she saw a man, he looked strange yet she had a feeling she had seen him before. I'll go tell Mom she thought. Mom she remembered, Dad too. Both of them had been killed in a fire 2 months ago, she was living with her aunt, Lauren

new

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:25 am

Haley thought, Aunt Lauren probably won't believe me. Suddenly, the strange man threw something at her. Haley started to feel heavy and drowsy. Suddenly the world went pitch black.

Some hours later, Haley woke up in a strange room. She walked out and found black bears all around. She ran right back in and found a key to lock the door. I've been kidnapped, she thought. She unlocked the door. She opened the door and found herself in the middle of a forest surrounded by a ton of dogs in the middle of fighting. One black and white dog ran up to her followed by other dogs. Everything went black.

new

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:34 pm

"ida,i need to go to the bathroom," hayley says in a sort of offhanded way."okay,"ida replies.hayley quickly walks to the back door,and runs to where she saw the shadow.she looks up,and sees nothing."odd,"she mutters.she walks back to her room,and starts studying.

new

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 am

I was thrown into a world of nightmares, each nightmare worse then the last. My mom turned into the strange man and tried to choke me. I was walking in the middle of the woods until the pack of dogs immobilized out of nowhere and chased me off a cliff. The strange man walked out from behind a bush. He was wearing a hat, and then he suddenly turned into a ferocious dog and snapped at my face. I woke with a start, expecting to see woodland all around me. But as a few seconds passed, I realized that I was surrounded by walls. I wasn't in the hostile woods, but I wasn't safe either. I squinted as a bright light shined in my eyes.

Where am I?

After a few seconds, my eyes got used to the light, and I Iooked at my surroundings. I was laid on a table...but not a table, I realized, an outcropping. And those four walls weren't painted walls, they were the walls of a cave! And that light was sunlight filtering from a hole in the huge cavern I was in. I sat up, my back protesting from the sudden motion, and I saw a wolf growl from a nearby outcropping.

As he did,  a voice echoed in my head, cold and threatening. Don't walk off from that outcropping, hunter, or you'll suffer much more than a bruise. And not just because of how far up you are.

I blinked. What just...how did...where am... After a few seconds, the overwhelming number of questions led me to put a thought into my mind. How did you do that?

I am using what us wildteeth call mindtalk. Now if you'll stop gaping like that hole in the cavern, I'll explain.

I closed my mouth. I was going to ask him a mountain of questions, but I kept my thoughts silent for now. Um...okay... I thought. Fire away.

To start, thought the wolf, I am called Red Cave. What is your name?

I...I'm Hayley. I responded tenitively. So would you care to explain where I am?

You are where the wildteeth call Dark Cave. It is a forbidden place to us, but to me, this is my home.

I see. I responded. So...it's your home, right?

Yes. replied Red Cave. I could tell something was nagging at his mind, and he finally released it. Can I call you a wildtooth name?

Sure. I thought without hesitation.

I will call you Raging Fire. In formal greetings, I'll call you by your real name. I could feel a spark of rememberance. And since you're awake, we need to go to the tribe leader.

What am I supposed to do? I thought.

Just sit and be quiet. If the leader of this certain pack deems you worthy, you can stay.

And if not? I replied, my thoughts sounding a bit worried.

Red Cave's thought sounded ominus, like he could already see it coming. Then he will kill you.

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team