Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 417 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Re: Write Your BOOK REVIEWS Here!!
new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Book - Diary of A Wimpy kid Rodricks Rules

The book is the second book to Dairy of A Wimpy Kid its really funny. Its about how Greg has this older brother named Rodrick and They get in trouble right before and trip so him and Rodrick have to stay home why the rest of the famly goes away.  Rodrick locks him in the basement and throws a party and the parents come home early because there brother get sick and they have to clean it up really fast and there parentsend up finding out. I like this book because it about a really family and realy family things. I think you will like this book because it kind of a comedy and realistic. Hope you enjoy this book.

Candydonut13

North Carolina

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

I recommend the book "The Boy in The Striped pajamas". It's not only sad it's also teaching a lesson in a way. It's not a very long book or very short book and It's not a waste of your time. It is a realistic fiction. Who ever gets will NOT regret it.

Thanks

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm

The series is Percy Jackson and Olympians by Rick Riordan. The thing that makes it interesting is the action in the books. The book is suspenseful, has action on almost every page. People should read the book if they like action and myth books. The Percy Jackson series is one of the best series I have ever read.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:09 pm

The book that I am reading is about a girl in a electric wheel chair and she is deaf. The girl and her sister is talking to her sisters friend about coming over the next day. When her sisters friend came over she asked Sarah the girl that is deaf  to come and hang out and her sister said no. Sarah was mad and he sisters friend was Sarahs sister.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:10 pm

In the past I have read a book called The Cay.There are two main characters,Phillip and Timothy.In the middle Phillip gets blind and shouts "i'm blind,i'm blind.".Timothy looks at the him and says."Dat be true,dat be true."He then told Phillip to do something and he said ""you stupid black man i told you i can't see."Then he got slapped.Close to the en he died (Timothy).

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 pm

You know what a good book is?  A tale dark and grimm.  That book rocks.  It's about the true story of hansel and gretel.  Like it tells the story of hansel and gretel before they went to the house made out of cake and tried to eat them and the story after it is sic.  But seriously it's gory and even the author tells you that.  So if your looking for an awesome BLOODY book read A Tale Dark and Grimm. 

Black Crackers

Swagg Master

new

Book:Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Author: Rick Riordan

Is it a book Series: Yes

I think that the Percy Jackson books are full of comedy and heart stoping action Rick Riordan describes whats happening so well you can feel what they are feeling there excitment, sadness, and fearsurprise! With all the funny characters in the story (like Grover the satyr) you wont want to put it down!smiley  You also get to meet all the gods/goddess in the story (Zeus, Posidon, Hades, Hera, and Athena).  Once you read the series you'll be sad the series is over. (=

HappyBrownie23- LOVES THIS BOOK cheeky

North Carolina  

new

Huger Games

By: Suzanne Collins

I loved this book it was so hard to step away from it. Even on school nights I stayed up to 10:30 reading it. I loved the action in the book and also the starcrossed lovers. I loved the character Katniss and how she took her little sisters place in the Hunger Games. She also helped keep Peeta alive. This book is the best book I have ever read!! So all those reading lovers out there this is the book to reed!!

cool Natalie Age:11

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I think you should read “Runaway Twin”. It is about a girl who has been to many different foster homes. After that she lives with a woman named Rita. She really likes Rita but she really wants to find her long lost sister. She visions that she will find her sister and that they have been looking for each other for years. But after she goes through so much trouble to find her she realizes that her sister was perfectly fine without her. Her sister was nothing like her.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:13 pm

I like the Bone series. It is about people called bones and three of them get ran out of town and go into a valley. They find a town in the valley and two of them owe a guy. There are rat creatures and even a dragon. I think people who like comics will like this series.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

By:Jeff Kinney

I liked this book because its like funny smiley and a life lesson about middle school, friends, and family. I think people would like this book because it is funny and entertaining. It took me 3 hours to but this book down on school nights because I was so focused in to finishing that book!. You will really enjoy reading this book.

yes

Taija, 12

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm

i read a book about World War II it tells about what the amercans and the british and russian did in the war. it also talks about the german and itilans and japenes. it tells about major battles like D Day. it also talkes about things like the holocoust and pear harbor. so if you like bookes about WWII then you will like this book.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Book: Dear, Aubrey

Author: Suzanne Lafleur

Is a rather good book in my opinion about a girl dealing with the loss of her father and little sister in a car crash and her runaway mother. It was emotional but there were some fun parts shared between the characters. There wern't any cliche's and it wasn't that predictable and the ending wasn't a 'happily ever after' like alot of other kids' books of course it was actually good ending leaving Aubrey to decide between going back with her mother or staying in vermont with her grandmother.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:00 pm

I like the book called Deep Zone by Tim Green. It is a football book, it is also a nonfiction book.This book is very well written.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Justin Bieber

It is about how Justin Bieber got his carrer started. and him and his mom, Patty werent off to the best start in life and had a hard time in life. Justin played his guitar and would sing on the street and it just helped bring in a little bit of extra money for him and his mom. Then how he got discovered by a producer cause he made his home-made music videos then posted them on Youtube and then got his own Youtube channel. Then Justin Bieber became a hit superstar.

-Anna

Lovingly Alice
new

Lovingly Alice is a good book about a girl who lives with her dad and brother.

Lovingly Alcie is about a girl who's mom died and she only has her dad and brother. One day on the way to school she noticed she has not seened a family ourside in a while. She told her friend at school and told her she has not seen the family in a while. On Saturday her and her friend went to go look for her and the family. They looked all over town but they could not find the family at all. A week later they found the family living at there grandparents house.

My book review
new

Im writing about inkheart

i like that book it is really cool

The book is about this village that is taken over by capricorn and he wants this book from silvertounge but the problem is that there great aunt swiped it with another book and they get in a lot of trouble with capricorns  guards and then they finally they reunite with there family and dustfinger goes back to being in a book.

written by cornilia funke

new

Book-Touching Spirt Bear

Name-Josie

I liked this book because it taught me how to stay calm.  Now I don't get angry as much.  It's about a boy who get's in big trouble and is sent to an island for a year.  He is told that he builds his own shelter and hunts his own food.  It is a book of healing and danger.  He is in for something he though he would never be in. :):):):):):):):)

new

I like the first book of the Hunger Games series because it is adventurous. The book is very well written. The main character is Katniss. She has a sister Prim, and a mother. Her dad died in a coal mining accident. There are 12 districts and Katniss and her sister and mother live in district 12. District 12 is very poor and ever since Katniss's dad died she has had to get the meat to support her family. Katniss hunts, Prim sells goat milk from her goat, and the mother has a medicine business. Sometimes Katniss eats the meat with her family, but sometimes she trades the meat for other stuff.

JC
new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Michael Jordan

By David Pietrusza

This book is talking about how MJ got in to the NBA. In the chapeter I was reading it talks about all the endoorsments he got in his rookie and first year in the NBA. MJ had to go to a five star traning camp then to the Olympic team (2) then a rookie all star team (1) and then to the traning camp agian gust to step foot on the hardwood. This is a great book to read if you want to know about Michael Jordan. 

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:03 pm

The Rescue

I like this book is because it is about a girl who has had bad dreams for the past couple of days about where she is in the middle of the oacean drowning and there is no one there to help her.Then it actullay happened to her and she thought she was dreaming again but she wasn't so she stareted screaming snd calling for help.But there was no awnser then she woke up later and found her self on a island but she there alone.There was a dog on the island with her that needed help because he was dieing and she knew she had to save him.So she did everything she could do to signal for help she made a fire and drew help on the sand.Then finally she saw a boat and they rescued her and the dog and she knew they were going to be safe.

Noah
new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Hunting

By Gus

It's talking about what to use.

What to do in a hunt. How get got started in hunting.I like it because the book tells me a lot of

things. It tells me some tips what to do.

The Hubble Telescope
new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:04 pm

This is a really good book that explains important things, like how the telescope was built, and launched into space. It was built to take pictures of space and help discover new things. Astronauts had to hook it up to a spaceship, and they took it up into space. Sometimes, the Hubble broke and astronauts had to go up into space and fix it.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:05 pm

The Bat Boy

This Book is about a boy that is the Bat Boy for the tigers. His job is getting the bats when the players hit the ball and run. So when he went to one of the tigers games he got to be in the dugout. He did not miss any game because he had a job as a bat boy. After the season The bat boy was old enough to play in the MLB.

B: Kyle

I did this review because I like baseball. 

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Book: The Cay

Phillip was a boy who lived on a small island with his mom and dad, his mom thought differently of black people so he was raised to think differently of them too. His mom thought that the island they lived on was dangerous, so she decided that her and Phillip were going to leave the island. When they were on a boat to leave the boat was bombed and all of the passengers were put on life boats and set out into the sea. Phillip and his mom were put onto different life raft , on Phillip's raft there was him , Stew Cat, and a black man named Timothy. Him and Timothy stayed together on the raft and while they were on the raft Pihillip went blind. After they had been on the raft for a few weeks they found and island and stayed there. While they were on the island and Phillip was binded to relized that people with a different skin color were no diffrent then him.

I like this book because I think that it is interesting , and that there are things that happen the change the story completly .

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Sue

Babymouse Skater girl

I liked this book because it taught a lesson to me to not have to worry so much on what you like to do just a have fun with it.

In this book it talked about a girl who loved to figure skate and was asked to join a team. She was so excited and knew everything was going to be amzing. The only problem was you had to practice early in the morning and right after school and was always said that she had to win and didn't like. She was so exhausted and never had time to play with her friends or do anything. So she had to make a decision to either quit the team and have fun or do this forever and win. She decided to quit because she wanted to have fun and not have to work her head off.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Book: Smile

There's a girl named Raina and on her way home from girl scouts she falls. Damaging her two front teeth. One of the teeth gets knocked out and the other is pushed up into her gums. So she goes to Dentist's, Orthodontist and much MUCH more! On the way of fixing her teeth problem she goes through drama, an earthquake and friends that turn out to be her enemy's ( <-------Sorry dont know how to spell it :P ).

I like this book because before i got my braces it made me calm down and not worry so much because it told me what its like! ( A little dramatic but its still a great book:) ) It also lets me relate to times she went through that i did. Like getting humiliated by some close friends that turn out not so friendly at the end of the book and through my life. Its like we are living the same life. She has her story and i have mine.:)

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Bone 9:krowns of thorns

Well when bone and thorn are locked up in jail then this war is about to start with the hooded one.

Then they meet their cousins in the sell right next to them then they people help them out but on the wall

Grandma ben is on the wall and she is the old qeen of this village and she has two soliders on her side.

But then the hooded one came then they have fight but the hooded one flys up and cuts the other guy in half.

Then the hooded one has an army that is being stormed their bowmen on the wall shooting arrows everywere,

Why I choosed this book is becase it has action and adventure and it's funny.

My Book review!!!aquachihuahua283
new

I read Twelve. The reason I read this book is because it seemed very good and i'm almost twelve. It is about a girl named Winnie and she is starting to become a teenager, but she doesn't want to. She has a little brtother and a older sister. She is a tomboy but her sister is a real girly girl. Winnie is in the 6th grade in the beginnig of the book and she has a friennd named Dianah. Dianah is her new best friend because her ex-best friend is named Amanda and Amanda isn't her friend anymore because now she is friends with Gail Grayson. Gail Grayson and Winnie really don't like each other. Mostly because Gail thinks she is soo cool, so Amanda started to act that way. But the weird thing is Amanda invited Winnie to go to a horse summer camp so Winnie went. They had a lot of fun they met new friends, they went swimming, rode horses but most of all Winnie thought they were best friends again. But when they got home it seemed like it all never happend.

new

Book: Smile

There's a girl named Raina and on her way home from girl scouts she falls. Damaging her two front teeth. One of the teeth gets knocked out and the other is pushed up into her gums. So she goes to Dentist's, Orthodontist and much MUCH more! On the way of fixing her teeth problem she goes through drama, an earthquake and friends that turn out to be her enemy's ( <-------Sorry dont know how to spell it :P ).

I like this book because before i got my braces it made me calm down and not worry so much because it told me what its like! ( A little dramatic but its still a great book:) ) It also lets me relate to times she went through that i did. Like getting humiliated by some close friends that turn out not so friendly at the end of the book and through my life. Its like we are living the same life. She has her story and i have mine.:)

new

Inheritance By Christopher Paolini

Inheritance is an amazing book. I liked it because it is exciting and suspenseful. It is the 4th book in the inhertance cycle and the first three books are Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. After Eragon and his dragon Saphira take over a city and are heading to the city where Galbatorix is. But after a werecat comes and gives him a prophecy about a rock on Vroengaurd, the lost city of the dragon riders. when he gets there they realize they need to find their true names in the ancient language. They find and speak them to the rock and a huge door opens. They go in and find hundreds and hundreds of dragon eggs. Then the leader speaks to them and explain what is here and why. Then with the power of the eggs and the dragon's heart of hearts they go back to Galbatorix and confront him. They beat him and Eragon decides to go to a place to raise the dragons.

And that is the end of the book and the series.

Hunger Games By: Victoria
new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:09 pm

The Hunger Games is a fantastic book. It is adventurous, and amazing! I give it 5 stars. Suzanne Collins, Author of the Hunger Games series is one of the best authors I have ever known .In this book the main character Katniss Everdeen, takes the place of her little sister, Prim, to fight to the death against 23 other kids ages 12-18. Suzanne Collins was rated New York Times best selling author for her fantastic and creative writing. Many great reviews have been reported about this book, comments from people and magazines like: Stephenie Meyer(Author of the Twilight saga), Time Magazine and The New York Times Book Review. I enjoyed this book because of the action and adventure, I also liked the wording and creativity of Suzanne Collins. Read this book, it is one of the best books you will read, I highley guarantee it.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 pm

The secrets of the mummies

Secrets of the Mummies.the book is about mummies and how to make them.they use a lot of tools like hooks and more stuff.The mummies get mask the egyptians belived that in the afterlife a person  would neeed to use to make odjects.The mummies are bared with ther be longies if you find a mummies the mask that they ware is med out of gold.

I like this book becuse it tels about mummise and ther life.

Moses

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Touching Spirt Bear

Ben Mikaelsen

Cole is in real danger.  Little did he know that he would come very close to danger when he came to this Island.  He is surrounded by animals and plants that could kill him.  This book will change your life and most-likly the people you talk to about this book.  I now don't get as angry at people anymore.  A very touching and spirt changing book.

Review done by:Josie

Re: Write Your BOOK REVIEWS Here!
new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:14 pm

BOOK:SCHOOL OF FEAR

BY: GITTY DANESHVARI

review is by: Scarlett a.k.a. blueicecream105!!!!!!smiley

The School of Fear is supposed to help students get over your fear over a summer at the school. There are four kids going. One girl is named Madiline Matterson she has a fear of bugs, mostly spiders.There is 1 boy named Garrison Feldman he has a fear of water.The 2nd girl is Lulu Punchalower is scared of small spaces.Last but not least Theodore Barthamellow he goes by Theo is petrified of dying. When they get there they dont know whats gonna happen next! Soemtimes they stay for 3 summers the next book they have a big surpise heading there way. Also if you read all 3 books you will see a big change of them over time.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:14 pm

from GREENEAGEL35,  i'm writing about the book a Series of Unfortunate Events. This book is about a family of kids and there parents went to urope to work and left the kids home. The oldest child violet was in chrge of them. They went somewere and when they came back there home was burnd down. So the kids hade to live with one of ther relatives that they have never heard fo his name is Count-Olf. when they got to his home he showed them around the house they did not like it very much. Then he sent them to there new room the room wsa not very nice it was small and did not smell good at all.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Hey People, I'm Kate and I and going to tell you about the Hunger Games!!!

The Begging

In the begging of the book Katniss is getting ready for her day.  She goes into the woods with Gale, her friend.  It is the day of the reaping so they are joking around about the Hunger Games and Effie.  Everybody goes to the square and signs in.  First the gir tribute is picked.  The tribute is Primrose Everdean, if course Katniss volunteers as tribute for her little sister.  The boy tribute is Peeta Melark.  They get to say goodbye to their family and friends in the Justice Building.  Then they whisk her away on a train (a very luxurious train). 

The Middle

Katniss and Rue (the girl tribute from district 11) are hiding in a tree.  They are planing to drop a nest of Tracker Jackers on the Careers and Peeta.  Tracker Jackers are very poisonus and dangerous wasps.  They drop it and the TJs go everywhere.  The Careers and Peeta get sting and run for the lake.  Katniss gets stung three times but she is ok.  She has the illusion that ants are crawling all over her she falls over unconsious.

The End

Katniss and Peeta are some of the last ones left in the Games.  There is only FoxFace and Cato left with them.  Katniss and Peeta go hunting in the woods.  Peeta stays back and collects some roots and nuts for them to eat when Katniss is hunting.  He finds some berries farther up the stream, he sets some down next to his pack and goes to get more.  A cannon sounds, someone is dead. Katniss runs throught the woods to make sure that Peeta is ok.  His is but it was FoxFace that is the victim. Apparently the berries are poisonus and FaoxFace was stealing from their food stash.   

I'm not going to tell the ending because I don't want to spoil the rest for people!

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:23 pm

From PurpleDonut43, I'm Reading a book about the Miami Heat.  It's a basketball team who plays for the NBA,(National Basketball Association).  The team is really good, and so are the players like Lebron James, he is a beast at basketball.  The Miami Heat is one of the best NBA teams, they are in 3rd place in the whole thing. 

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:23 pm

You should read the book Tuck Everlasting. This book starts off boring then it gets good theres a girl that runs from her house and sees a boy on the ground drinking some water that is coming from the ground and the girl wants some  of the water but the boy well not let her drink from it because the water will make you live for ever. But he did not want to tell her that so he said that the water is bad for you.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I read The Million Dollar Throw it is really good it is about this kid Nate Brodie and he gets chosen to throw a football into a target 20 yds. away.  You'll have to read the book to find out more. NC 12 MIS 

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Cicken Soup For The Dog Lovers Soul

I just finished a book called Chicken Soup For The Dog Lovers Soul. Yeah I know it sounds cheesy but it is really good. I really enjoyed this book. This book was a little sad in some parts of the book,thoughcrying. By the way this book is a whole bunch of stories put together. laugh

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Book: Catching Fire from the Hunger Games Series

Catching fire is a very amazing book. This book is easier to understand if you have read the first book. In this book there are losses, injurys, and friendship that sticks together through anything. In this book Katniss and Peeta have been the winners of the hunger games, but,President Snow is not at all pleased with what she did so her and Peeta could either die or live together. There are shocking parts and sad parts. Catching Fire is a great book!!

new

I reccomend the book Stolen Children because it has suspense and it's about how these two girls try to get away from the guys that took them. So far  thats all I read so far but I can't wait to read the part when they escape!!!!!!!!!cheeky   Thats all.

new

Book: Catching Fire from the Hunger Games Series

Catching fire is a very amazing book. This book is easier to understand if you have read the first book. In this book there are losses, injurys, and friendship that sticks together through anything. In this book Katniss and Peeta have been the winners of the hunger games, but,President Snow is not at all pleased with what she did so her and Peeta could either die or live together. There are shocking parts and sad parts. Catching Fire is a great book!!

-Megan N,C

new

Book: Build it bigger

This book was mainly about future builds. It had amazing ideas and pictures for future builds. It's a good book for all ages. One of them was an underground train tunnel going to New York to London, that requred like 10 billion tons of steel and it costs one trillion dollars. I highly reccommend this book to anyone, there's some cool futuristic building ideas in here. It could be your next favorite book!

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 pm

hey once in class i read this book. It had a title and everything! Well the name was Al Capone Does My Shirts. It was a good book about these kids living on an island called Alcatraz in San Fransico. It used to be a prison, and had the famous Al Capone as an inmate. And he and other criminals do people clothing. Because they're people that live in apartments on the island, most people who live there, a member of there family works at the prison.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:28 pm

The bone eries because it has alot of action.It includes alot of fighting.I recomend that series.For those kinds of people that likes alot of action.It was the best book series I have ever read.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:29 pm

THE JOURNAL OF JASPER JONATHAN PEIRCE

This book is about a boy who was on the Mayflower in 1620.  In The beginning of the book it is about Jaspers Journey to the new world.  In  the middle of the book it is about how Jasper is seperated from the Europeans and taken care ofby an indian named Massasiot.  In the end it is about the indians taking him back to his people.  Overall it is a great book.  I liked it because it included historical facts.

By: Brett B.  North Carolina

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Book: Hunger Games

Name: Jalah , North Carolina

Ihave  read the book the Hunger Games and I really like it!  It's so detailed and touching.  It is a adult book but it is easy to understand and read! The book is so much better then the movie because the movie was like so shorter then it.  Also it left out so much from the book !  It's really a great book.   It like has sad and happy and romance parts to the movie and book!

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm

James and the Giant Peach

If you are interested in adventure books and big incects you would love this book. I saw the movie and I thought I might want to read it so I did. The book is about a boy that saw a whole in the side of a peach that was Giant so he wondered in the whole and he saw a door. He went in the door and there were big insects inside he became good friends with theses insects and a cupple days later they set out to sea on the peach. And it was a long journey before they reached land and when they did they weren't really nice. The boy is now living in the core of the peach and he told his story to all of the kids.

By: Emi

North Carolinasmiley

new

Book: Hunger Games

Name: Jalah , North Carolina

Ihave  read the book the Hunger Games and I really like it!  It's so detailed and touching.  It is a adult book but it is easy to understand and read! The book is so much better then the movie because the movie was like so shorter then it.  Also it left out so much from the book !  It's really a great book.   It like has sad and happy and romance parts to the movie and book!

new

I've read the hole searies of Percy Jackson But there is one book that stand out to be.This book called The Labyrinth by:Rick Riordan. This book particularly was full of eximtment, adventure, and danger.This book is the sequal of the Lightning Theif but better.I'm not going to tell you everything but there is so many monster in this book then the last one. And that is what I have to say.wink

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Book: A Dogs Life an Autobiography of a Stray

Author: Ann M. Martin

A dog's life is my favorite book ever. I have read it lots of times and own it. It was a Christmas present and I freaked out when I got it. Anyways back on task now. A Dog's Life is a fiction book about two dogs named Squirrel and Bone. The main charecter is Squirrel, she and her brother Bone got seperated from both there mother (whom's name is Stream) and each other. Read the book to see if Bone and Squirrel find each other.

Happy reading!!smileylaughcheekycoolcheeky

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:35 pm

I read Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook.

I liked this book because I am reading the whole series by the end of the year! This book is about how Junie B's grandpa bought her a pair of mittins. While she was at school she was playing a game with her two friends and she took them off and set them down on the ground with the rest of her stuff. When she was done playing she went to get them and they were gone. Then she told her teacher and she brought her to the lost and found and she looked and looked then looked somemore but couldnt find them so she went back to class and did some work. Then it was recess time and she was looking outside for someone who had them. But she couldnt find anybody, then when she was going inside she saw a girl wearing her mittins she RAN to her and tried to take them off but the girl screamed and her teacher came over and Junie B told her what happened and so they handeled it.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:38 pm
I think Tuck Everlasting is a good book. It is about magic sprig water. The magic spring water keeps you alive forever. The Tuck family lives out in the woods far from everyone else.  When Winnie Foster finds out about the Tucks living in the woods they take her to there house and keep her there because now she knows about the Tucks. When they get there they explain to WInnie about living one age is less a blessing than you might think.

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:42 pm

In the book Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake Junie B. finds out that her class is going to have a carnival, but her response to that isn't very nice.  She said "My mom says carnivals are rip-offs.  Her teacher Mrs. said that they were even going to have a cake walk in their very own room nine!!!!!  The whole class was very excited.  Once Junie B. gets home she tells her mom about all the carnival games,  then Junie B. starts practicing so she can win all of the games.    Once Junie B. gets to the carnival with her parents they buy some tickets so they can play the games.  She looses almost all of the games but she heads to room nine and she does the cake walk and wins!!!!    Unfortunately she picks a fruitcake and she thinks she will like it because she likes fruit but she ends up not likeing it.  So she uses it for other things.  In the end she is very thankful for the yucky blucky fruitcake.

By:Hannah H.

Re: dork dairies
new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi my name is shandrelyn and im 11 years old in 6 grade .And i read this story called dork diaries it a good book and it talks about nickki life moving .When she moved she didn't like it she been pick on alot from mackenzie she was a popular girl in school .Then she met two new friemds named zoe and chole they were very nice friends to nickki .Then she met this boy named brandon she thought he was cute and she like him . thtas the story .bye!!!laugh

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:56 pm

The book A Year Down Yonder is a good book so far it is about a city girl who goes to live with her grandmother and right when she get's there her grandmother want's her to start summer school, the girls name is Mary Alice right when her grandmother tells her that there goindg to put her stuff inside and head to the school.While Mary Alice puts her stuff inside, her grandmother goes to look at the horses to see wich one is in good shape, they ride horses to school, and back.

new

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Book: You Have To Stop This
Author: 
Pseudonymous Bosch
Is this book in a series? Which one? Yes, it's the 5th and final one in the Secret Series
What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): Everything!

Rating (1 is low, 5 is high):  4.5

frequent_vsitor

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Book: Beastly

Author: Alex Flinn

Is this book in a series? Which one? I heard it's part of a series called the Kendra Chronicles, but I'm not sure which order they go in.

What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): It's a modern Beauty and the Beast tale about a boy in high school whose ego is way out of control. He just about crosses the line at a school dance by asking a girl out and purposely blowing her off, and when he gets home that girl is in his bedroom, and turns out to be a powerful witch. She casts a spell on him that turns him into, well, a beast. He now has two years to get a girl to love him, but can he do it?

I liked the way the author sneakily incorporated details from the actual Beauty and the Beast. I also like how many of the characters were well-developed and 3-D. The only thing I didn't like was a certain plot twist at the end involving Kendra, but I won't reveal that.

Rating (1 is low, 5 is high): 4

new

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:44 am

I am reading Peter and the Starcatchers.  I'm almost done with it.  I really like it because it is like the "prequel" to Peter Pan.  I know there are more books in this series, and I'd like to read them.  Have any of you read them?  smiley  If you have, let me know what you think.

frequent_vsitor

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Book: Sweet 16

Author: Kate Brian

Is this book in a series? Which one?: Nope, not in a series.

Why you like this book: I'll write a summary, and then explain:

Teagan Phillips has it all. The cutest clothes, the hottest boyfriend, and a whole crew of people who will follow her every command. She's determined to have the Sweet Sixteen of the century. Teagan has hired models, (who aren't prettier than her but almost) fashion experts, and even some people to give out free piercings! But when things start to go wrong, this queen bee finds herself falling head over heels- literally. A woman who claims to be a ghost- freaky- shows her exactly how her brattiness has and will affect the lives of everyone around her. Funny and heartwarming, you won't want to miss this.

I liked how this book really shows you that one wrong choice can do a lot of damage, and maybe you should think about people before you do something. There was a lot of good characterization, especially with the main character and her father. The last chapter really made me smile, and I think all good books should do that.

Rating: 3.9

frequent_vsitor

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:11 pm
Book: Scat Author: Carl Hiaasan Is this book in a series? Which one?: Nope, not in a series. Why you like this book: I'll write a summary, and then explain: When a wildfire springs up during a school trip to the Everglades, the super-mean biology teacher, Mrs. Starch runs into the woods to get a girl's inhaler and doesn't come back. Nick, one of Mrs. Starch's students, was hoping to see a panther and is also hoping for his dad to come home from Iraq. Drake McBride, a man with too much money and not enough brains, hopes to make it rich and make his father proud with an illegal oil scam. Twilly Spree, a nature lover, hopes to stop anyone from destroying the Everglades and keep the panther population alive. Duane Scrod Jr, a teen in Nick's class, is accused of starting the fire because of a past with arson. Scat is a story of new beginnings, preserving the world's most beautiful landscapes, risking everything for what you love, and accepting the things you can't change. What I liked: First, I'd like to crown Carl Hiaasan as the KING of character development. Every single character, even the antagonists, have hopes, dreams, fears, wishes, passions, strengths, and weaknesses. I think what turns me off about a lot of books is cardboard antagonists. Not in Scat. I even found myself feeling sorry for Drake McBride and Jimmy Lee Bayliss. Anyway, moving on. There's a lot of great irony at the end, especially with Nick and his Dad, and with Jimmy Lee Bayliss and Mrs. Waters. The last chapter was, honestly, amazing! This is a must-read, whether you're an enviornmentalist or not. Rating: 4.5

new

Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm
Book- Matched Series- First Book in Matched Series Author- Ally Condie Recommended Age- 10+ Why I Liked The Book- Made me feel like I was in the characters place, suspensful Already Read Series- Read The Giver by Lois Lowry; It has a similar plot

new

Tue May 08, 2012 8:09 pm
Book- Farmer Boy Series- Little House Series Author- Laura Ingalls Wilder Genre- Historical Fiction Why I Liked This Book- Learned things about the facts, very detailed. Already Read This Series- Read the American Girl Books

new

Tue May 08, 2012 8:13 pm
You should read the book Shooting the Moon by Francis O'roark Dowell. I like the book because it is war related, and I can connect to it. (Grandpa was in the army)

new

Tue May 08, 2012 8:20 pm
You should read the Dear America series. They are historical fiction and give information. Most of them are about a normal boy or girl during a famous time in history ex. the mayflower. If you have already read this series, I recommend Number the Stars by Lois Lowry and The American Girl series.

Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 am
In the book, Number the Stars, a young German (or polish, i havent read it in a while) girl's family, who is jewish, is harmed by the germans. Her friend spends the night with her, but some Nazis come and, if the narrator's sister hadn't been brunette, her friend and everyone in her family would be dead. From that point on, The two girls are hard at work during World War II to help the Jews get to safety in Norway. Many years later, the celebrations of the end of the war bring back memories and selfless deeds.
The author is Lois Lowry

new

Sat May 12, 2012 3:44 pm
The Inheritance Cycle! Book: Eragon Author: Christopher Paolini Is this book in a series? Which one? Yes, Eragon is the first book of the Inheritance Cycle, followed by Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): The fantasy (magic) and the constant action (battles, rescues, etc.) Recommended Age of Reader: 9-up probably, I read it in 4th grade

new

Wed May 16, 2012 3:21 am
Hey who ever you are who posted this originally READ HUNGER GAMES ALL THREE!!!!! also read pride and prejudice and Anne of green gables these (and hunger games) are my all time fav. books and I am completely obsessed with reading so if you love reading half as much as me you will love hunger games (even if you don't like reading) http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/scene/signatures/sigs/Hunger_Games/HungerGames.jpg May the odds ever be in your favor!!!! hehe -a hunger games LOVER

new

Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Hi , how are you doing today .

new

Mon May 28, 2012 4:59 pm
The book that I recommend is Forged By Fire. So far it is the best book I ever read. It makes you want to keep reading. Iread it twice now and I think I'm going to read it again soon! I put a request at my school libary to order this book. I hope my libarian does! It is has child abuse and jail envolved in it. It is a little bit intense like hunger games. My brother who is in 6th grade , his teacher thought about doing a class report on it. I read this book when I was in 3rd grade. I am now in 4th going to 5th in august. I think this book is for 10 and up. [This review was written by authorblue3]

new

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 pm
I love the Godess Girls books becuase your always guessing what's going to happen next! like the time Hurcules kissed Athena on the cheek!!!:o! and the time mudesa relessed pegesses!!! for the recorod, I love Goddess Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:53 pm
Title: The Moffats Author: Eleanor Estes Series: Yes. First book in a series of five. Why I liked this book/Summary: This book is about a family living in the 20th century, probably somewhere between 1930-1950. The characters are funny and charming. This book is funny and it seems that everyone is almost always happy. Many children's books today are violent or have problems that always seem to make the characters lives utterly miserable. The Moffat children experience funny dilemmas, and they breeze through problems with a cheery attitude. I think this book is wonderful for escaping from real life. I strongly suggest this book to anyone who wants something to read that is light and funny, and gives you a different perspective on life. Rating (On a scale of 1-10)- 8.5 Age Suggestion: 8-12

new

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:15 pm
Does anyone here like cats? If you do, you should read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. It is a large series, ( 24 books in the main series, 5 special editions, 5 field guides, and 13 manga books) but even a non-reader will be so engrossed in the series they won't want to put them down. The books are about cats living in the wild in their own communities. They call their communities "clans" and their are 4 of them, not counting StarClan, which is their version of heaven. Some themes of the books are forbidden love and faith to your clan. Some of the books are very touching and emotional. I recommend this series for ages 9-14. I hope you take my suggestion and try one! The first one is called "Into the Wild".

new

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:48 am
I think Harry Potter is 5 stars The Lightning Theif-4 stars

new

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:03 pm
Book:Wonder Author:? i loved wonder it was a greate book. :):):):):):):):):):):)

frequent_vsitor

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm
Hey I am back Book: Golden Author: Cameron Dokey Is this book in a series? Which one? No it is Not a series What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): i like that it is like a twisted fairytale Rating (1 is low, 5 is high): 5 Reccomended for 10+

new

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:01 am
Book:Wonderetruck Author:Brian Selznick Ummm... THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!!!! It talks about New York in 1977 and 1927. In 1977 a boy named Ben was sent to a hospital in New York and he escapes looking for his dad. In 1927 a girl escapes from her dad and goes to New York to see her mom and her brother takes her and takes care of her (the girl is deaf too). In the end it becomes one story and a unexpected twist!!!!!! ANY AGES ...NO VIOLENCE!!! EVERYTHING IS HISTORY!!!!!!!!

new

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:00 pm
I totally Love this book: The Artemis Fowl Files By: Eoin Colfer Unless you read the whole Artemis Fowl series you should read this. I didn't but I will read the whole series at the beginning of the upcoming school year. It has 2 short stories about Holly Short and Mulch, interviews with all the characters, spotter's guide to the people, a fairy quiz, a map of all fairy transport locations and a lot of other neat things in it. Hope you enjoy the files. :) :P

contributor

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:25 pm
During the summer, there's nothing to do. It's a good time for reading! 1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling(8 books)- MUST READ! There isn't a series like it. It's a magical fantasy. It may get tiring for those who don't like long books. Age(my estimate): 9 and up Rate: 10/10 2. Divergent by Veronica Roth(3 books)- Best series after HP!! It's a quick pace, dystopian series. It takes place in a If you love Hunger Games, you will love this too. The third book is not out yet. Not much to say. JUST READ IT!!! Age: 12 and up Rate: 10/10 3. Hunger Games series- <3 <3 It's different. It doesn't follow the usual romance format. The character is also quite different from other books. You can't tell what will happen next. Age: 12 and up Rate: 10/10 4. Percy Jackson- Demi-gods. Lots of action. It's kind of like a superhero book with a twist in it. Age: 9/10 and up Rate: 9.5/10 5. Paranormalcy series- It's easy to understand, funny, and a good read. Good for the not so avid readers too!! It used ideas such as vampires, werewolves, and fairies and put a twist on them. Age: 11 and up Rate: 9/10 6. Nightshade series- The perfect mix of romance and action. It is has something similar to werewolves, except they just call themselves wolves. There are many other "magic" beings in it. The ending was good. There were some parts that seemed like "Why did the main character do that?" Age: 13-16 Rate: 8.5/10 7. Narnia- I love how imaginative and creative it was! It really opens up your imagination. It may get boring because of the different writing style, but I loveeee it! Age: 9 and up Rate: 8/10 8. Birthmarked series- It's sometimes confusing. The third book is not out yet. The second book was disappointing. I felt like the character completely changed, and there were boring times. It's in third person point of view. If you like mysteries, codes, and dystopian novels, this book is good for you. Age: 12 and up Rate: 6/10 9. Twilight- The first romance series I've ever read. It's simple and easy to understand, but it's more for the older crowd. It has a bit of action and from my opinion, lacks a strong, unique theme. The last book is long and tedious. Interesting concept though. Age: 11/12 for the first books, 13 for the last. Rate: 6/10 10. Golden Compass series- It's complicated and deep. It was boring sometimes. Age: 14/15 and up Rate: 5/10

new

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:13 pm
The Percy Jackson Series, By Rick Riordan Awesome book! My cousin and I love it! It's great how the author fits Percy's world with ours. It's nothing like the movie. Age: 8+ My Rating:10/10 The Harry Potter Series, By J.K. Rowling Anyone who has seen the movies knows the story. My favourite is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Age: 7+ My Rating:8/10 The Treasure House, By Linda Newberry Nina's mom mysteriously left, leaving only a note. When Nina's dad goes to try and find her, Nina stays with her great-aunts, who own a charity shop, where some strange things that Nina thinks might be associated with her mom's dissapearence turn up. Age: 9+ My Rating:10/10 Knife, By R.J. Anderson There is a kingdom of fairies living in an oak tree in someone's backyard, under the firm rule and belief that humans, and the world outside the tree are dangerous. Briony, loves flying and longs to go outside and is delighted when she gets the job of hunter, where she gets to leave the oak. But when she finds an old diary in the tree, everything starts to change. Age: 10+ My Rating:10/10

new

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:43 am
The Mailbox This book is not in a series but is kind of sad because someone dies and this boy does all the work paying the bill and lots more. He has secret letters in the mailbox. Read it Savvy This book has a sequal to it. It's an awsome book! When you turn 13 you have a magical power ( which is called a savvy) And you don't know what it is. Read it

new

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:39 pm
Book: The Hunger Games Author: Suzanne Collins I did not like this book. First because: Why would you have kids kill kids. I don't get it. And second of all: Why have romance when your in the middle of killing peoples? Come on. And Third: Katniss acts kind like a person that is mad one minute and happy the next. But in the movie she acted like a heroine. I give the book two stars out of five and I think if you like romance and kids killing each other at the same time you should read this book. Children older than twelve should read it if they like that kind of stuff.

To Katie
new

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:04 pm
Hey Katie! Im kinda in a hurry so Im gonna do this QUICK look so Im opening a club named " Moderator Clubbie!" where u can (mods) introduce urselves to the users so we can get 2 know u! So i already invited Brian and a couple of users so if u can join this "Moderator Clubbie!" I would be SOOOOO HAPPY! ND if ur okay with it im gonna open this baby for real! so discuss about these with mods nd hopefully i'll open this!! plz plz reply! P.S. I dont mych of the mods so if u just kindly tell me some's mods names and where they moderate its gonna come into handy! thanks kate! Ur the best!

new

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:02 pm
vgfrseftirytctudseaesrtdjtulyiupgfrsetsfdtrydfsyrea

new

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:40 am
~Book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone~
Author: J.K. Rowling
I don't think I need to say that it's in a series. :3
What I Loved About This Book: Even though it's more 'innocent' and 'happier' than the later HP books, it's still well written. I like the way Harry, Ron, and Hermione's friendship is introduced. I also like the way the entire magical world is described - it's basically a setup for the later books. I also liked the Dumbledore quotes.
Rating: 4/5

~Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets~
...They're all in a series, I'll stop saying that now T.T
What I Loved: The 'darker' aspect of the wizarding world (the Mudblood vs. Pureblood controversy) is first introduced here. I also liked the mystery surrounding the Chamber of Secrets.
Rating: 4.5/5

~Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban~
What I Loved: This book has a bit of a mystery to it and tells some very interesting character backstories. The Dementors are also interesting, since they make you depressed and the only way to get rid of them is through a happy memory.
Rating: 4.75/5

~Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire~
What I Loved: So much! I loved pretty much everything in this book. The Triwizard Tournament, the romance drama, the paranoid feeling it kind of has towards the end, the exhilarating climax, learning about character backstories and darker things that happen in the wizarding world, and the death that made me cry. Also, my copy smells kind of good. :D
Rating: 4.8/5

~Book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix~
What I Loved: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D Well ... tied with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was honestly perfect, but this is what I loved the most: Harry's angst, the depressing but realistic Harry/Cho romance, the 'rebellious teenager' feel, the wizarding politics, the D.A., the fact that it highlights Harry's differences from Voldemort, the fact that it was the most realistic of the books, the lessons it teaches about battling through dark times even if your life is falling apart in pieces, the fact that I felt really SORRY for Harry here, and the death (and the chapters that followed the death) that made me bawl my eyes out.
Rating: 5/5

~Book: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince~ Author: J.K. Rowling
What I Loved: This book is very romance-heavy, but it's not cheesy. In fact it's actually kind of entertaining, so I enjoyed the romance. I found Slughorn to be a realistic character. Scrimgeour is also a realistic character. I loved reading about Voldemort's backstory, and the effect the wizarding war is having on the world. I loved the lesson Harry learned in Ch. 23. Also, since this book is slightly happier and more humorous than the one before it and the one after it, it shows that kids can still have fun and be teenagers even in the midst of a war. The death made me cry and shocked me.
Rating: 4.8/5

~Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows~
What I Loved: Everything. It's my favorite tied with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I loved how it had a little bit of everything - the wizarding war and its parallels to our world, realistic arguments and conversations among the trio, fascinating backstories, exciting battle scenes, chapters that frustrated me and made me glad that I wasn't a wizard at that time, humor, romance, great quotes, beautiful themes about love and death (and many more things), SO MANY deaths that made me cry, and an ending that was hopeful but not: "And they all lived happily ever after and no one died!" It was realistic for a fantasy, easy to relate to, and in general VERY well written.
Rating: 5/5 :)

ϟαηαя11 ϟϟϟ

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, all those who live without love."

~Albus Dumbledore

new

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:39 pm
~Book: Twilight~
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Is it in a series? Yes, the first book in the Twilight Saga.
Rating (1 is lowest, 5 is highest): 1
What I Thought: (***SPOILERS***) The message is basically 'A girl's life is not complete without a boyfriend.' Maybe Meyer was trying to say something else about love, but that's how it came across. The book also encourages stalking and romantic relationships between 100-year-olds and 17-year-olds. The protagonist, Bella, is a whiny Mary Sue. She describes herself as 'plain' but many boys fall in love with her anyway. Her only fault is being clumsy. Most of the characters are either a) basically perfect, or b) annoyingly self-centered. There are hardly any realistic characters. The so-called 'vampires' are more like fairies. Also, the title really doesn't have anything to do with the plot.
Recommended for: Ages 13 up.

~Book: New Moon~
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Is it in a series? Yes, the second book in the Twilight Saga.
Rating (1 is lowest, 5 is highest): 1
What I Thought: Most of the plot is very predictable and cliche. (***SPOILERS***) When Edward leaves Bella for her own safety, she becomes severely depressed, stops talking to her friends, purposely puts herself in danger so she can have hallucinations about Edward's voice, and eventually jumps off a cliff. When Edward comes back, she is happy. This is the first Twilight book that introduces the Edward/Bella/Jacob love triangle, which is boring and not very well-written. There are also four or so (?) pages that are completely blank except for one word. (October, November, December, January or something like that. It's been a while). Again, the title has nothing to do with the book.
Recommended for: Ages 13 up.

ϟαηαя11 ϟϟϟ

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, all those who live without love."

~Albus Dumbledore

new

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:43 pm
Silly me, I forgot to write the recommended age for Harry Potter. (: It's for ages 7 up, maybe 6 up if the six-year-old kid is used to reading long books. The plot is basically G-rated and there is nothing inappropriate, but the storyline might be confusing for kids under 6 or 7, unless an adult is reading the book with them. :D

ϟαηαя11 ϟϟϟ

~Albus Dumbledore

rookie_visitor

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 pm
*Spoiler Alert!* Hi, I just finished reading the Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum. At first I thought it was a series after looking at an edition that said something like "Read all fifteen Oz books!". But when I looked in the table of contents, it was the same table on contents as the book i had, so I presumed they probably just divided the story into sections by grouping chapters together. But then, when I saw the puffin classics book extras, it said that he wrote I think fourteen books about Oz and how someone else continued the series after. Now I'm not so sure whether it's a series or not. But if it was I would definitely want to read them! In fact, the shoes from the wicked witch of the east turned out to be silver, but bright red turned out better on a Tv. I found that out in the book extras and surprised me, because they are the most well know part of the story for most people and yet they don't look the same. And the plot was different too. Instead of the wicked witch of the west tracking Dorothy down in munchkin land, the wizard had told her that he would only grant her wish if she killed the witch! But then again a lot of books get changed when they are adapted into movies, so I guess it is pretty typical.

new

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Book:Amelia's Notebook Author:Marissa Moss Amelia's Notebook is very awsome. I would say the age range of it is 9-13

Guardians of Ga'Hoole
new

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 am
I loved this series. The books have an awesome storyline. Great for people who love action adventure and animals

new

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm
Book Name: 11 Birthdays- Author: Wendy Mass- Series: Yes, in a trilogy Summary: It's Amanda Ellerby's birthday, and the first she has ever celebrated without her former best friend, Leo, who shares the same birthday. She can't wait for it all to be over. But the next day, it's her birthday all over again. And she is the only one who seems to realize it! One of my favorite books of all time!- (Scale of 1-10)- 10- Age suggestion- 8-14-

regular_visitor

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:25 pm
Book Incredibly Alice
Author: Phylis Reynolds Naylor
The book is in a series
What I like: descriptive language the author uses
Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets
Author: J.K Rowling
The book is in a series
What I like when Harry and ron go into the cellar thingy.

Forgot this part for incredilbly alice I think 11 and up If you are younger ask parents. Harry Potter 5th grade and up.

new

Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:28 am
Title: Rules Author: Cynthia Lord ( I think I spelled her 1st name right...) its not a series Rating: 5 out of 5!! I like that everyone thinks about disabled people from their perspective, and the story is from an autistic kid's sisters point of view, which makes it more interesting. Age Level: ummm... I maybe 10+ Title: Because of Mr. Terupt Author: Rob Buyea I think it has a sequel Rating: 5 out of 5!! You usually think in like 5th grade, teachers dont pay as much attention to you, but this book the teacher is acceptionally good at that stuff. Hes new, and named Mr. Terupt. I loved this!! Age Level: probably 9-10 and up Title: well... its sort of a series, well 4 series, but in general Warriors Author: Erin Hunter the 4 series (in order): Warriors, Warriors: The New Prophecy, Warriors:Power of the Three, and Warriors: Omen of the Stars (there are manga and guides and extras and a new series coming in January...) Rating: 10000000000000000000 out of 5!!!!!!!! These are great fantasy books. Even if you dont like fantasy, you will love it!! Its about groups of wild cats, (like housecats but they live in the wild) and ive reread them millions of times each!! Age Level: 8-9 and up Title: Dealing With Dragons Author: Patricia C. Wrede Series: The Enchanted Forest Chronicles Rating: 5 out of 5!! Fantasy as well, you will love the "improper" princess Cimorene, as well as Kazul the dragon. i wish she woud make more!! Age Level:9 and up I'm Spottedshadow and half Thunderclan, half Windclan for all those Warriors fans!!

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm
Book: Wintergirls Author: Laurie Halse Anderson This is a great book. It really will become one of your favorites. This book is about a teenage girl called Lia who happens to be suffering from anorexia. This book shows her journey through anorexia and we see all the hardships she must endure until she can finally recover.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 pm
Book: School Story Author: Andrew Clements Description: It is a book for people who love to write. It is about a twelve year old girl named Natalie, a writer who has a friend named Zoe. Natalie wrote a story and let her friend Zoe read it. Zoe thinks it is so good that it should get published. Age level: 10+

new

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:49 pm
Book: The Mark of Athena
Author: Rick Riordan
This book is in the Heroes of Olympus series; third book
I really like how it mixes mythology up with modern city life.

new

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 am
I am reading the rainbow people it is a great book it's about chineese folk tales

new

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:26 pm
@mysterysolver534: I LOVE THAT BOOK TOO!!! I think the author's Sharon Draper...
✖DragonRider49✖
"You know how teachers tell you the magic word is please? That's not true. The magic word is puke. It will get you out of class faster than anything else." -Percy Jackson, The Demigod Files

new

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:52 pm
Flipped This is a story about the point of views of two eight-graders who are in love. If you read Bryce's point of view, you will feel bad that he is being chased by this crazy girl. If you read Juli's point of view, you will feel bad because this boy is ignoring. The more Bryce likes her, the more Juli hates him. See what happens next in this amazing book.

new

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:55 pm
Book: HP and the Goblet of Fire Author: J. K. Rowling 4th in the HP series Age level- 9 and younger (I'm just 7 and I'm finished with the series)

new

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 pm
I Funny James Patterson Not series (YET....) Age Level: 9+ Summary: Jamie Grimm is a kid comic, also in a wheelchair because he was in a car accident a few years back. In the end he has 4 main BFF's; [Joey] Gaynor, [Cool Girl] Suzie Orolvsky, [Jimmy] Pierce, and Gilda Gold. Very funny book for children aspiring to be a comedian.

new

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:02 am
Book: The Roar (Emma Clayton) Reading level: IDK, mine is 12.3 (High school senior)

new

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:01 pm
Mine is Junie B. Jones the author of that book Barbra Park she is amazing!Send me messages and you can get all the details you want!

new

Mon May 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Infinity Ring by James Dashner Ages:8+ Do you like the 39 clues? Well, if you said yes, this is the perfect book for you. This book is in a series. When Dak and Sera find this weird unfinished ring, since they are kind of nerds, they fix it. But when they try it out, Dak's parents, the inventors of the Infinity Ring don't come back. When Dak and Sera are kidnaped they find an institution called The Hystorians. They tell Dak and Sera that they have a special mission. To stop the evil SQ from something bad they did in 336 b.C (if you want to know what it was then read the book). They accepted the mission, and go to 1492 with Christopher Columbus on a deadly adventure. . .

new

Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm
Book: Frankie, Peaches and Me
Author: Karen McCombie
Series?: Yep, first book in the Stella etc series.
I love this book, extremely funny!!
11+

new

Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 am
Diablo ~ My Dream Horse : Awesome book! Warning: chapter four is scary, but to understand the whole series you must read it. To write this book the author spied on Ricki and Diablo. A interesting series. MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 pm
I think you should read the Dairy of the Wimpy Kid series, by Jeff Kinney. You may have heard the of the series already. I love looking at the pictures and the comedy in the book. My favorite is the second book, which is Rodrick Rules.

new

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:31 pm
Book: American Girl A Caroline Mystery Traitor in the Shipyard Author: Kathleen Ernst Traitor in the shipyard is a very good book about a girl helping her father, and America during the war of 1812. Caroline helps solve the mystery of the British spies and traitors who are causing trouble in her family's shipyard who are making ships for the U.S. Navy. Overall it's a very good book about trust and betrayel, hope and sadness. It gives us a glimpse into what wartime was like for people back then. It's a good and very shocking mystery, and I hope you enjoy it.

new

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:50 pm
Book- A Tale Dark and Grimm Author- Adam Gidwitz Review- It was an amazing book. Its about the true story of Hansel and Gretel, it even includes about the witches edible house. Its gruesome in parts, but very exciting! Who knew the Grimm brothers wrote some horrifying tales. The ones parents tell us are the short and "sweet" versions. The next book about jack and the beanstalk (I think) looks good! I give this book 5 starz!!! Ages- 11&up Genre- Fantasy

new

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:24 pm
•••Book - The Hunger Games

•••Author - Suzanne Collins

Is it in a series? - Yes! The Hunger Games Trilogy. The Hunger Games is the first, Catching Fire is the second, and Mockingjay is the final book.

•••Rating (1 being the lowest, and 5 being the highest) - 12

•••Summary(No Spoilers) - A sixteen year old girl named Katniss Everdeen lives in the future of North America, Panem. Panem consists of the "shining Capitol" surrounded by twelve outlying Districts. Each District has a specific purpose. District One creates luxury items for the Capitol, District Seven produces lumber, and District Twelve, where Katniss lives, mines coal.

Each year, the Capitol forces each district to offer up one man and woman between the ages of twelve and eighteen to fight in The Hunger Games, in an arena filled with twenty three people who wish to survive,. The Hunger Games is punishment for the Uprising of the districts during the Dark Days, when the districts rebelled against the Capitol, only to be forced back in line. Twelve districts conquered, the thirteenth, obliterated.

Katniss lives with her mother and younger sister, Prim. The day of the yearly Reaping comes, where Tributes are picked at random to fight in The Hunger Games. When her sister's name is chosen, Katniss volunteers to take her place.

What will happen? Will she be able to outlive the other twenty three Tributes, including the boy, Peeta Mellark, from her district?

•••What I thought - That this is the most brilliantly thought out WORLD, and that the author is absolutely genious. You are immediately in Katniss' place, with danger around every corner. Never have I read such a page turner. You really are on the edge of your seat for the entire book.

•••Reccomended for - Boys and girls at least 12 years old.

•••Movie? Yes! The Hunger Games was released on March 23rd, 2012. Catching Fire will be released on November 22nd, 2013. Mockingjay will be split into two movies. Mockingjay - Part One will be released on November 21st, 2014. Mockingjay - Part Two will be released on November 20th, 2015.

Thanks for reading!

~QueenCobra1, who's favorite books are The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay.

"Just CLOSE YOUR EYES, the SUN IS GOING DOWN." ~ Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars, Safe and Sound, Songs from District Twelve and Beyond

visitor

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 am
Ok, I have 2 books that I just finished. The first was Between Shades of Gray. Its about this girl that gets taken away from her home in Lithuania and gets taken through Russia, stopping only for water once a day and when they get to her labor camp. The first one she went to was ok, compared to the other one. They got sent to the North Pole, where her mother died. She ended up spending 12 years there, where her and her brother got out alive. The second was The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. This one is about a girl that has to go to her fathers wedding in London, England. Shes 4 minutes late for her flight, and she gets put on the next plane to London. She meets a boy, who is getting on the same flight, and they are one seat away from each other. They end up sitting next to each other, and things go fro there.... Great reads. I finished both of them in one day. Well, two separate days. One day for each book. I strongly recommend these books.

Luv ya Bunches by Lauren Myracle
new

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 pm
I really like the Luv ya Bunches book series by Lauren Myracle. It is about four girls who are named after flowers and become friends because of this. Their first encounter isn't so pleasant though. Violet who is the deep, thoughtful new girl asks bouncy energetic Katie-Rose for directions to her classroom. Katie-Rose throws her arm in the direction of Mr. Emerson's room and it hits quiet technology-talented, Yasaman. She trips and falls into worried and cute Camilla, thus spilling her backpack including her good luck charm, Tally the turtle which mean girl Modessa turns into a way to bully the girls. The next books feature the struggles the friends go through. It is very interesting.

new

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 pm
Book:legend part of a series? yes the 2nd book is prodigy and the 3rd book, Champion, comes out soon. all great books:) recommended age: 11-12+ rating: 5 stars great books about the future

new

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:49 pm
everyone should read The Running Dream it has romance, drama and emotion. you can really feel the girls pain and love and compassion for her friend. i give it five stars.

Re: Ivy And Bean!
new

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:01 pm
I love Ivy and BEAN! Do you like Ivy and Bean?

new

Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:35 pm
@HydraLoki11 I don't think you should say the book is for 9 and younger. The average amount of people who read that book is 10+ or something like that. Just because your 7 and you read that book, it doesn't mean that everyone else will read that book at the same age as you. ;)

~Tanner/AquaPegasus230,
who is very smart
(JK I'M JUST NORMAL EVEN THOUGH I AM KIND OF A GEEK.)

new

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:52 pm
Title: Out O My Mind Author: Sharon Draper This book is really good It's about a girl named Melody who has disabilities, but she's really smart. I LOVE BOOKS

new

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:37 pm
Book: The Hunger Games Author: Suzanne Colins Distopian Adventure Read it

new

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:59 pm
Book: Baseball Great Author: Tim Green Series?: Yes, no name of series but also includes Rivals and Best of the best Summary: Josh is an almost 6-foot 7th grader. He and his friend Benji are on the local baseball team. His dad takes him away from the 12U to the 14U team and finds out something... something bad about the coach. Can josh get back on his old team? Ages: 8-12 according to the book, but I would say ages 10-14.

ALLIYAH ORIGANAL
new

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 pm
Has any body here ever read the Inheritance cycle? It's about dragons and is totally awesome. The first book is called Eragon. There is also a movie but the books are way better (as always). THX for reading

new

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 pm
percy jackson rick riordon yes the first of the second series it is so action packed totally recomend it 9+ ^_^ Daughter of athena and proud!! ATHENABRAIN74

new

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:47 pm
Book:The Candy Makers Author: Wendy Mass I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!! It switches perspectives every chapter and gets better every chapter…….. Oops, MOS, Got to go

new

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:04 pm
Book: Secrets of the Emeralds Author: JudasFm Is this book in a series? Which one? Yes. It is the first book of an ongoing series set in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe. What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): Amazing plots, great grammar. Had me hooked. Recommended Age of Reader: 13+ for language and violence. Book: Sonic Mini Funnies Author: ShinyShiny9 Is this book in a series? Which one? No What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): Hilarious and smart short stories! Recommended Age of Reader: 7+ Book: Sonic Generations: Friendship is Timeless Author: GreenSonic21 Is this book in a series? Which one? Yes. It is the first book in a sequel. The sequel isn't out yet, by the way, but there is a spinoff title. What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): Sonic x Ponies aren't usually my taste, but this is the only crossover that I really liked. Recommended Age of Reader: 7+

[ 417 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team