Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 417 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Re: Write Your BOOK REVIEWS Here!!
new

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:52 pm
Flipped This is a story about the point of views of two eight-graders who are in love. If you read Bryce's point of view, you will feel bad that he is being chased by this crazy girl. If you read Juli's point of view, you will feel bad because this boy is ignoring. The more Bryce likes her, the more Juli hates him. See what happens next in this amazing book.

new

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:55 pm
Book: HP and the Goblet of Fire Author: J. K. Rowling 4th in the HP series Age level- 9 and younger (I'm just 7 and I'm finished with the series)

new

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 pm
I Funny James Patterson Not series (YET....) Age Level: 9+ Summary: Jamie Grimm is a kid comic, also in a wheelchair because he was in a car accident a few years back. In the end he has 4 main BFF's; [Joey] Gaynor, [Cool Girl] Suzie Orolvsky, [Jimmy] Pierce, and Gilda Gold. Very funny book for children aspiring to be a comedian.

new

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:02 am
Book: The Roar (Emma Clayton) Reading level: IDK, mine is 12.3 (High school senior)

new

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:01 pm
Mine is Junie B. Jones the author of that book Barbra Park she is amazing!Send me messages and you can get all the details you want!

new

Mon May 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Infinity Ring by James Dashner Ages:8+ Do you like the 39 clues? Well, if you said yes, this is the perfect book for you. This book is in a series. When Dak and Sera find this weird unfinished ring, since they are kind of nerds, they fix it. But when they try it out, Dak's parents, the inventors of the Infinity Ring don't come back. When Dak and Sera are kidnaped they find an institution called The Hystorians. They tell Dak and Sera that they have a special mission. To stop the evil SQ from something bad they did in 336 b.C (if you want to know what it was then read the book). They accepted the mission, and go to 1492 with Christopher Columbus on a deadly adventure. . .

new

Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm
Book: Frankie, Peaches and Me
Author: Karen McCombie
Series?: Yep, first book in the Stella etc series.
I love this book, extremely funny!!
11+

new

Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 am
Diablo ~ My Dream Horse : Awesome book! Warning: chapter four is scary, but to understand the whole series you must read it. To write this book the author spied on Ricki and Diablo. A interesting series. MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 pm
I think you should read the Dairy of the Wimpy Kid series, by Jeff Kinney. You may have heard the of the series already. I love looking at the pictures and the comedy in the book. My favorite is the second book, which is Rodrick Rules.

new

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:31 pm
Book: American Girl A Caroline Mystery Traitor in the Shipyard Author: Kathleen Ernst Traitor in the shipyard is a very good book about a girl helping her father, and America during the war of 1812. Caroline helps solve the mystery of the British spies and traitors who are causing trouble in her family's shipyard who are making ships for the U.S. Navy. Overall it's a very good book about trust and betrayel, hope and sadness. It gives us a glimpse into what wartime was like for people back then. It's a good and very shocking mystery, and I hope you enjoy it.

new

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:50 pm
Book- A Tale Dark and Grimm Author- Adam Gidwitz Review- It was an amazing book. Its about the true story of Hansel and Gretel, it even includes about the witches edible house. Its gruesome in parts, but very exciting! Who knew the Grimm brothers wrote some horrifying tales. The ones parents tell us are the short and "sweet" versions. The next book about jack and the beanstalk (I think) looks good! I give this book 5 starz!!! Ages- 11&up Genre- Fantasy

new

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:24 pm
•••Book - The Hunger Games

•••Author - Suzanne Collins

Is it in a series? - Yes! The Hunger Games Trilogy. The Hunger Games is the first, Catching Fire is the second, and Mockingjay is the final book.

•••Rating (1 being the lowest, and 5 being the highest) - 12

•••Summary(No Spoilers) - A sixteen year old girl named Katniss Everdeen lives in the future of North America, Panem. Panem consists of the "shining Capitol" surrounded by twelve outlying Districts. Each District has a specific purpose. District One creates luxury items for the Capitol, District Seven produces lumber, and District Twelve, where Katniss lives, mines coal.

Each year, the Capitol forces each district to offer up one man and woman between the ages of twelve and eighteen to fight in The Hunger Games, in an arena filled with twenty three people who wish to survive,. The Hunger Games is punishment for the Uprising of the districts during the Dark Days, when the districts rebelled against the Capitol, only to be forced back in line. Twelve districts conquered, the thirteenth, obliterated.

Katniss lives with her mother and younger sister, Prim. The day of the yearly Reaping comes, where Tributes are picked at random to fight in The Hunger Games. When her sister's name is chosen, Katniss volunteers to take her place.

What will happen? Will she be able to outlive the other twenty three Tributes, including the boy, Peeta Mellark, from her district?

•••What I thought - That this is the most brilliantly thought out WORLD, and that the author is absolutely genious. You are immediately in Katniss' place, with danger around every corner. Never have I read such a page turner. You really are on the edge of your seat for the entire book.

•••Reccomended for - Boys and girls at least 12 years old.

•••Movie? Yes! The Hunger Games was released on March 23rd, 2012. Catching Fire will be released on November 22nd, 2013. Mockingjay will be split into two movies. Mockingjay - Part One will be released on November 21st, 2014. Mockingjay - Part Two will be released on November 20th, 2015.

Thanks for reading!

~QueenCobra1, who's favorite books are The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay.

"Just CLOSE YOUR EYES, the SUN IS GOING DOWN." ~ Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars, Safe and Sound, Songs from District Twelve and Beyond

visitor

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 am
Ok, I have 2 books that I just finished. The first was Between Shades of Gray. Its about this girl that gets taken away from her home in Lithuania and gets taken through Russia, stopping only for water once a day and when they get to her labor camp. The first one she went to was ok, compared to the other one. They got sent to the North Pole, where her mother died. She ended up spending 12 years there, where her and her brother got out alive. The second was The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. This one is about a girl that has to go to her fathers wedding in London, England. Shes 4 minutes late for her flight, and she gets put on the next plane to London. She meets a boy, who is getting on the same flight, and they are one seat away from each other. They end up sitting next to each other, and things go fro there.... Great reads. I finished both of them in one day. Well, two separate days. One day for each book. I strongly recommend these books.

Luv ya Bunches by Lauren Myracle
new

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 pm
I really like the Luv ya Bunches book series by Lauren Myracle. It is about four girls who are named after flowers and become friends because of this. Their first encounter isn't so pleasant though. Violet who is the deep, thoughtful new girl asks bouncy energetic Katie-Rose for directions to her classroom. Katie-Rose throws her arm in the direction of Mr. Emerson's room and it hits quiet technology-talented, Yasaman. She trips and falls into worried and cute Camilla, thus spilling her backpack including her good luck charm, Tally the turtle which mean girl Modessa turns into a way to bully the girls. The next books feature the struggles the friends go through. It is very interesting.

new

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 pm
Book:legend part of a series? yes the 2nd book is prodigy and the 3rd book, Champion, comes out soon. all great books:) recommended age: 11-12+ rating: 5 stars great books about the future

new

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:49 pm
everyone should read The Running Dream it has romance, drama and emotion. you can really feel the girls pain and love and compassion for her friend. i give it five stars.

Re: Ivy And Bean!
new

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:01 pm
I love Ivy and BEAN! Do you like Ivy and Bean?

new

Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:35 pm
@HydraLoki11 I don't think you should say the book is for 9 and younger. The average amount of people who read that book is 10+ or something like that. Just because your 7 and you read that book, it doesn't mean that everyone else will read that book at the same age as you. ;)

~Tanner/AquaPegasus230,
who is very smart
(JK I'M JUST NORMAL EVEN THOUGH I AM KIND OF A GEEK.)

new

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:52 pm
Title: Out O My Mind Author: Sharon Draper This book is really good It's about a girl named Melody who has disabilities, but she's really smart. I LOVE BOOKS

new

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:37 pm
Book: The Hunger Games Author: Suzanne Colins Distopian Adventure Read it

new

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:59 pm
Book: Baseball Great Author: Tim Green Series?: Yes, no name of series but also includes Rivals and Best of the best Summary: Josh is an almost 6-foot 7th grader. He and his friend Benji are on the local baseball team. His dad takes him away from the 12U to the 14U team and finds out something... something bad about the coach. Can josh get back on his old team? Ages: 8-12 according to the book, but I would say ages 10-14.

ALLIYAH ORIGANAL
new

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 pm
Has any body here ever read the Inheritance cycle? It's about dragons and is totally awesome. The first book is called Eragon. There is also a movie but the books are way better (as always). THX for reading

new

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 pm
percy jackson rick riordon yes the first of the second series it is so action packed totally recomend it 9+ ^_^ Daughter of athena and proud!! ATHENABRAIN74

new

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:47 pm
Book:The Candy Makers Author: Wendy Mass I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!! It switches perspectives every chapter and gets better every chapter…….. Oops, MOS, Got to go

new

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:04 pm
Book: Secrets of the Emeralds Author: JudasFm Is this book in a series? Which one? Yes. It is the first book of an ongoing series set in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe. What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): Amazing plots, great grammar. Had me hooked. Recommended Age of Reader: 13+ for language and violence. Book: Sonic Mini Funnies Author: ShinyShiny9 Is this book in a series? Which one? No What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): Hilarious and smart short stories! Recommended Age of Reader: 7+ Book: Sonic Generations: Friendship is Timeless Author: GreenSonic21 Is this book in a series? Which one? Yes. It is the first book in a sequel. The sequel isn't out yet, by the way, but there is a spinoff title. What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): Sonic x Ponies aren't usually my taste, but this is the only crossover that I really liked. Recommended Age of Reader: 7+

[ 417 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team