Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 417 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Wings of fire series
new

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:58 am
I love wings of fire its the best series ever its about dragons. Book 2 is my fav its about Tusmani a Seawing. She is clays friend and clay is one of the main charaters the series is about clay tusnami and the rest of his friends I wan't the auother to make more wings of fire games for scholastic. The reason why I like the series is becuase its unique compared to other dragon serise becuse it dosen't have other fantisy creatures. You shoud try it and i hope It becomes a moive and the series is so great that its one of the new york best sellers!

Re: Write Your BOOK REVIEWS Here!!
new

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 pm
I think you should read Mary Downing Hahn books they are not in a series but there are multiple books by her i have read most of them and feel i should share them with some people

new

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:28 pm
The Unwanteds is an amazing book I haven't finished reading it yet but so far it's amazing I <3 it!!! No wonder it might become a new Mark Twain book. I highly suggest it. :) :)

Re: every soul a star and jeremy fink and the meaning of lif
new

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:33 pm
I loved every soul a star and Jeremy fink and the meaning of life. I LOVE Wendy Mass. Every soul a star did a perfect job of showing different perceptions from totally different people and joining them together. Jeremy fink and the meaning of life was a very emotional book that you could really connect to. GO WENDY MASS!

new

Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:39 pm
yo whats up my name is fefe jk i like thenamebut its oscar

new

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:42 am
Mary Downing Hahn has written these books and you can find them at your local library ,Deep ,and, Dark,and,Dangerous ,The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall ,Promises to the Dead ,As Ever Gordy ,Stepping on Cracks, and Following My own Footsteps.By the way Deep ,and,Dark ,and Dangerous is all one book.When you read them i will make a Mary Downing Hahn post and you can tell me what you thought of them.

new

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 pm
Book: Kelsey Green, reading queen Author: Claudia Mills Do you like to read? Then this book is perfect for you! kelsey Green, reading queen has many outstanding characters and a cool plot-non- readers shouldn't read that paragraph- I also think it has awesome illustrations. Kelsey loves reading the way her friend Izzy Barr loves running and her friend Annika Riz loves math. She is the best reader in her class, tied with Simon Ellis. Plus, she has the has a really, really mean teacher, Mrs. Molina. She has the best principal ever, Mr. Boone. She also has a bad reader in her class, Cody Harmon. When Mr. Boone announces a school-wide reading contest, Kelsey Green is totally in. She thinks Simon is cheating, so she and her 2 best friends Annika and Izzy try to spy on him to figure out if he really or not reading all those books he says he is. Kelsey is also kind of sneaky because she reads at her brother Dylan's band concert, and in math. Finally, Rob Shepperson is the best illustrator I've seen sense Judy Blume's The Pain and the Great one's illustrator. He draws them with great detail and awesome shadow techniques. Also on the cover, I highly adore the the technique he used out of many others he has, by drawing a line underneath Kelsey to make it seem as if Kelsey is standing on a solid surface, even though she was really just floating in the pale green and white striped background. In conclusion, I've read a lot of books, so trust me when I say Kelsey Green, Reading Queen is the best one I've read in years. It's great for bookworms ages 6-9, and I would totally give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

new

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:06 pm
Everyone should read the Left Behind books they are the best!! ;] All my friends love the books!! I am on the 23rd book. ;]

new

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Book: School of Fear: Class s NOT Dismissed! Author: Gitty Daneshvari Is it in a Series?: Yes, the School of Fear series. This is the second book (there are three books in the series). Rating: 5...,ooo (I LOVED the book so I'm giving it a 5,000. This will be a great book review for when I work for the Guardian!) Summary(No Spoilers): Madeline, Theo, Lulu, and Garrison enter their second summer at School of Fear, only to be greeted by a new student, Hyacinth (or Hyhy, her horrible nickname), an her ferret, Celery. They also discover that somebody has been robbing the school (and now Mrs. Wellington has only one wig!)! Later, bugs appear (too bad for Madeline since she's seriously afraid of bugs!), ransom notes pop up, and time is quickly running out! Soon, the kids have to take desperate measures, and contact Abernathy, the wild man in the forest. Will the robber's true identity be discovered? Will Abernathy come back to School of Fear? Will Macaroni the bulldog be hungry again? I thought: ABSOLUTE. BEST. BOOK. IN. THE. HISTORY.OF. MAN. KIND!!!!!! Recommendation: The book says 9-12, but I personally think it should be 8-13. Although the eight year old would have to have a dictionary by his/her side at all times (because of the enhanced vocabulary), and the 13 year old might not be very comfortable with it because some of the characters are kind of stubborn (THEO)!

Wolves of the Beyond Lone Wolf
new

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:57 pm
Hi I am HawkEagle466. I like this book because it has animals. It is also about a wolf that has a split paw and is split up from his group. A bear finds him and takes care of him, and teaches him to be like a bear. When it is winter the bear had to hibernate, and wolves don't hibernate. THe wolf went out of the den when he was not allowed to, and he got lost. When it got warmer the bear went to look for him.

new

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:23 am
My Book Review: Tuck Everlasting- Rating: 4.5 Author:Natalie Babbitt Review: The Book is just simply marvelous. It take you through a wonderful journey with it characters like the Tucks and Winnie Foster. But I must say I rather am not fond of the ending which I am not going to spoil. Sorry I know that was rather short but I didn't want to spoil anything. But I say whatever age you are you'll enjoy the book.It made me realize I don't want to live forever but I hope the book's journey will.

Book Review 2:Things Not Seen
new

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:53 pm
Author: Andrew Clements(author of Frindle & No Talking) Book: Things Not Seen Rating:6 out of 5!!! (yeah its a wonderful novel!) Basic Character List : Bobby one day wakes up invisible, but you can touch and hear him. His father is a "science freak" and his mother is a lit. professor at his school. He meets this blind girl, Alicia whom they become friends with. My thoughts on this book is , when my friend recommended it, I thought "why not?" but I didn't realize at the time is it was going to be one of my all time favorites right next to the Harry Potter series. The book just takes you on a almost too possible story adventure. And one last thing never buy a faulty electric blanket at Sears, or at least not on a night where Earth is experiencing a high energy solar eruption.:)

Book Review on The Candymakers by: Wendy Mass
new

Fri May 02, 2014 10:11 pm
Author: Wendy Mass Book: The Candymakers The Candymakers is about the factory, Life is Sweet and they are having a competition for kids age 12 to create a one of a kind candy and that winning candy would be sold everywhere. All the kids who wanted to enter had to write an essay on why they wanted to make candy. Out of all those entries, 4 children were chosen. They were Logan(Candymaker of Life Is Sweet's son), Daisy(who can lift a 50-pound roll of taffy), Miles( who is allergic to rowboats, the color pink, pancakes, jazz music, and merry-go-rounds) and Phillip( who is always wearing a suit and tie and is scribbling in a secret notebook). This is all I can give you. It's a really great book.

new

Sun May 18, 2014 6:57 pm
I LOVE Maximum Ride and the Divergent books. They are my all time favorite book series and books

new

Thu May 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Book: Flush

Author: Carl Hiaasen

Recomened Age Group : 11-up.I would say that because it will contain mild launguge that might be accepctable for ages that are younger. This can be a 5th grader plus book.

This book isn't series.

What I like about the book is that it was well organized and humorous(funny) and has a great ending and awesome story line.

This book also has a squel with different stories but the same setting and idea in Florida.

I

new

Thu May 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Charlotte's Web

Author:E.B. White

It is one of my fav books.It is a story worth reading.Charlotte's Web will touch my heart forever.Hope you enjoyed it to!smileylaugh

new

Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Umbrella Summer by: Lisa Graff

Seeing Cindrella by: Jenny Lunquist

The babysitters Club By: Ann M. Martin

Harry Potter By:  J.K Rowling

Shadow Children Series By: Margret Peterson Haddix

Call Me Hope By: Gretchen Olsen

Hope I helped find you a good book to read.  

There are so many good books out there you just have ot find the right one for you

new

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:14 am

Book: The island: book 1 

Author : Gordon Forman

Age recomendation : 12+

This is one of the most stunning books I've ever read, to be honest. If you like boating or take a keen interest in ships and the sea, then this book is an ideal choice! It has it's sad parts, to admit, but the book flows as much as the sea it's self. 

In a heart beat
new

Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:45 am

Hello  I think in a heart beat is one of the best books at a 4th grade level and alittle depressing but a very good book it is by Loretta Ellsworth it is about a heart transplant!enjoy it !!!mailsmileywinkcool

new

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Book: The Giver

Author: Lois Lowry

This book is not in a series.

My favorite part of this book is the fact that the book makes you think a lot. It's very involved and unlike anything else I have ever read.

The recommended age group is 12+, because that is the age that I read it at. Any younger and I most likely would not have understood it as well. Also, it is a bit sad.

new

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:56 pm

The book Molly Moon and the Hynotic Time travel adventure was so boring! I almost fell asleep reading it. Unforntunately, it was for school!frown

new

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:35 am

series: Ranger's Apprentice

author:John Flanagan

what I liked about it: Lots of action!!!

rating( 1 star being horrible, 5 stars Being great:6 STARS!

Can I recommend manga?

~
extremebrownie2, who ate brownies today! :)

new

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:46 pm
I really like a book called House of Secrets by Chris Columbus and Ned Vizzini. They are really talented authors (no spoilers please) and these books will keep you guessing right till the end... I also love Heroes of Olympus (it's a series) because they are TOTALLY AWESOME BOOKS!!! If you are into Percy Jackson, then I really reccommend this book to you because it has a lot of  Greek and Roman mythyology and great adventures (also by the same author).  These books are plotted really tightly and have great characters and amazing adventures.(P.S You will become awesome if you read these, I promise. They have magical powers on whoever reads them... JUST KIDDING DID YOU REALLY THINK THEY DO..... PLEASE REPLY!) (P.S You will become awesome if you read these, I promise. They have magical powers on whoever reads them... JUST KIDDING DID YOU REALLY THINK THEY DO..... PLEASE REPLY!smiley

new

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:43 pm
Book: The Maze Runner Author: James Dashner Is this book in a series?Yes Which one? The Maze Runner What you liked about the book (no spoilers please): I loved that the book was basically nonstop action. Not just the book but the whole series. Recommended Age of Reader: 12-up

My Book Review on Ben and Me
new

Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Who's read Ben and Me? Reply my message if you've read it.

I rate Ben and Me 5 stars

new

Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:43 pm

The fault in our stars

arthur:John green

paper town

arthur:also by john green

looking for Alaska 

Arthur:John green

divergent series

arthur:Veronica Roth 

new

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

Nancy Drew: The Clue in the Old Album     By: Carolyn Keene

One day Nancy Drew a young detective was watching a concert when she saw a man snatch a woman’s wallet and run away with it. Nancy reacted quickly and ran after the man. That’s how the case started. But after a lot of searching, running, following, sneaking and traveling she finally solved the case. This book is interesting and exciting and I would recommend this book to anyone that likes mysteries! I would also recommend to read the rest of the series if you like this book.                     

new

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:42 pm

series:All the wrong questions

author: Lemony snicket

comment: Best series ever!! Can't wait untill final book comes out!

Adventuredog813

new

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Series: The Amazing Days Of Abby Hayes 

Author: Anne Mazer

Coment: Great series! If you like realistic fiction, then you love this book!

Bookwormblue54 

Ava

Belle Teal
new

Sun May 03, 2015 3:59 pm

This book is so amazing.Its about when Belle Teal lives with her mom and grandma and its bout to be the first day of fifth grade.then on the third day of school an African Americn boy named Darrel comes to the school and he feels sad he is the only black in his class but then Belle Teal becomes friends with him.But still Darrel gets spit on pushed around and frammed by white people.belle Teal creates plans 4 people 2 hang around with darrel.

U MUST READ THIS BOOK PEOPLElaugh

new

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:39 am

Book: Sisters

Author: Raina Telgemeier                                                                                                                         

About : ( im not a spoiler! ) Sisters is about sisters  who go on a car trip for a very long time and sometimes there is a bit of fighting...

Genre: Graphic novel 

I would rate Sisters  ( 0 being the lowest, 5 being the highest) a five out of five stars.

smiley

new

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:41 pm

Has ANYBODY READ TERROR AT THE ZOO BY PEG KEHRET .OMG! ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.YOU SHOULD READ IT IF YOU HAVENT !!!!!! ENJOY!!

new

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:15 pm

The Island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein

The Invention of Hugo Cabret  by Brian Selznik

NERDS series by Michael Buckley

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

new

Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:17 pm

The mysterious benedict society

Idk author

Idk, just a really good book

The rest are the same-

The mysterious benedict society and the perilous journey

The mysteriou benedict society and the prisoners dilema

Redwall book 1-8(thats all iv read so far)

Counting by sevens

harry potter book 1

Laugh with the moon

Walls within walls

Tuesdays at the castle

Wednesdays in tthe tower

The boy in the striped pajamas

A wrinkle in time

Gregor the overlander(omg same author as hunger games, may not read hunger games)

7 habits of highly effective teens

The giver!

Kingdom keepers 

Peter and the starcathers 

Note-i would suggest all of these books to some one older than say..11. Im not eleven, but the books do get a bit scary/dark/mild laguage/long.

new

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:48 am
I recommend the Percy Jackson and the Oylmpian seres and the Heroes of Olympus series. They are both by Rick Riordan and consist of most of the same characters. In the first series you read from Percy Jackson's point of view, and in the second series you read from many different people's views. I won't spoil it, but I would recommend this series to anyone who loves mythology, romance, a little comedy, action, drama, and war. Ok, maybe not war but you get what I'm saying. Oh, and mystery kkinda. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is under 9 or 10. It is for anyone of all ages. Also on a side note, if you haven't read these series then I would HIGHLY recommend it. IT literally made my life complete. I love these series so much. Ok, thank you.

Also I am a demigod!

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Nice report, racingreader21! A+!

The Cat
new

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:52 am

There is a magek cat who is my cat

new

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Books: Fablehaven Series by Brandon Mull

Reading Age: I would say 11 or 12 +

Would I recommend this? Absolutely

This series is a captivating fantasy series that I just couldn't put down. As you begin to read, you follow the tale of Kendra and Seth Sorenson. I'm not going to spoil it, though. The detail in the book is delightful and I couldn't think of anything wrong with the series. After the first ten minutes, I was riveted. I am an avid reader, and I devour every book I can get. I've read a LOT of books, and I would say that the Fablehaven series is second only to PJO and HoO, which are tied at the top.

I would recommend this series if you are into action, fantasy, a touch of humor, and, or course, awesomeness! The story is focused on magical creatures; for example, fairies, dragons, and nymphs. If you're thrilled by what I've described, you know half of what the series really holds. I hope you take my review into consideration!

new

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:21 am

Divergent(12+)

By: Veronica Roth

I would recommend this book to anyone who liked the Hunger Games or is just new to dystopian fiction. I was always on the edge of my seat and loved every minute of Divergent. If you liked action packed books then you will love this book. Don't forget to read Insurgent an Allegiant next. 

Whatever After Book Review
new

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:50 pm

I love this sieres! Its about 2 kids. Abby is the older sister and main character and Jonah is the younger brother, but in the story there are like partners. I do not want to give anything away for those of you who did not one of the books yet, because I just hate spoilers!!! Although, the genre is fantasy, or fractured fairytales! So if you don't like that genre you won't like this book!! So, please find time to read or skim through one of the books, because it's really enjoyable and intresting

new

Wed May 11, 2016 10:00 pm

the book: wonder struck

is it part of a series? 

they say it is you don't need to read them all the 1st one is history but wonder is two storyies in one the majarity of the book is pictures it's a really good book. 

my favoret part?

the kids in both stories are deaf and i think thats cool because it's like it's the same story

the book: dork diaries 10

is it part of a series?

yes it is you can tell in the title

favoret part?

that she and her friends to try to hide dogs in there houses for about 3 days 

bye

aquamermaid1880

new

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Book:As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust

Auther:Alan Bradley

Ok this book might be a little creepy but...if you look to the point it is a great booksmiley!!! I must say I got a bit shocked at some parts and I think you will tosurprisesmileycool! Well I think it's time for me to rap things up so the point is I really think you will enjoy this book!!!!!!smileywinkcoolsurprise-Sophie-

[ 417 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

PRS © 2008 PRS Team