Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  

any tips 4 writers block
Poll ended at Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:04 pm
1.yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2.no 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 4
 WRITERS BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!
new

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:04 pm

i nee some help.I'm writers blocked.if you have any tips plz give them to me

Re: WRITERS BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!
new

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Just Remain calm and be yourself.wink

new

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 pm

//@bookwormfairy31; 

1. Take a break from your writing.

2. Put on some music. Listen to the music and even try to find some which relate to your story. Use music to inspire some future events of your story.

3. Story Map your story. Sort the Exposition to the Rising Action to the Climax and so forth. Also sort the events of your story into boxes to make a sequence of boxes. Use boxes to plan the rest of your story.

4. Listen to more music. Take the events inspired by the music and write the inspired events into the boxes.

5. Go back to your writing. If you still cannot write, do Steps 1 through 4 again. This time try to find music which relate to your characters and their relationship with other characters. Draw your characters and map out their traits/characteristics. Listen to more music and take any events which inspired you from the music with each character interaction and fill into boxes. Go back to your writing once more. Finish writing your story. If you cannot write another chapter, write based on the new events you have. Then, go back up and fill in the events which would have came before them. You can even skip to the last chapter of your story and write the last chapter if you have an ending already planned out. Then, go back and fill in the events which proceeded the ending by writing chapters which come in number order before the last chapter. If you have no idea for the ending, then, you could always think about what type of style each character has and any other miniscule detail to investigate about your characters and whatnot.//

-*Zirconia

new

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:32 am

@darkrising6: Thank you for the tips. I found out that certain music helps me for Wings of fire. An acapella cover of I See Fire. Music is what inspires me the most.

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team