Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 Writers.
new

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:10 am

Hey everyone! smiley I know it's been a long time since I last posted on any of the boards. I've mainly been doing random replies to some posts and whatnot. School's kept me busy, and so has other stuff going on in my life. I'll be doing only a few posts during the rest of the school year, but hopefully I'll be more active during summer. 

There's a new Stacks website coming soon, and I don't know when, but I'm hyped.

Anyway, I thought that today I'd talk about writers. Not any random author, whose name is on the front of a book you pick up and read without a second thought at their name or penname. These are kid authors, who don't have their work published, but are master writers. Those kids who either aced every English Language Arts assignment because they're waaaaay above their peers, or failed because the English education was not creative or enriching enough for them. Those kids who write their own stories, along with a ton of fanfiction for series like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Percy Jackson, etc. Those kids whose work is completely unique and astonishing. Yeah. Those writers. 

There are plenty of writers out there, some good, some bad, some just... mediocre. They all aspire to be something, though. If you have a passion for writing, you'll get better at it. Unless you have a true passion for writing, your work will most likely be dry, dull, and boring. You won't spill creativity everywhere like most writers do. You can practice all the grammar skills you want, and you can probably write some pretty nice analytical essays, but never a true story.

Occasionally, you'll find some really nice kid writers. They're GREAT. Whether it be fanfiction or an original story about an alternate universe, they'll be pretty good at writing. You know what? I bet those writers include you...

Even if you're not good at grammar, or spelling, or organizing your story, hey, you're still trying, and your passionate. Pay attention in school, folks. It's going to help you. If you've got the creativity and intelligence, you can create something quite amazing one day if you keep working on those skills. 

If you aspire to be a writer, don't bother looking for ideas. Ideas don't like people popping into their territory, yelling for them to come out, and tearing down bushes trying to find them. They'll just disappear and hide somewhere until you decide to leave them alone. And then, eventually, when you need it least... BOOM! An idea decides to walk over to you and paw at your leg. Now, I'm not necessarily saying these are all going to be good ideas, but most of the time, they are. You may not even use it, until like, four years after you got the idea. 

Writers also all have their own unique style. They can be a writer of any genre- fanfiction, fantasy, mystery, horror, poetry, anything. These are only just part of a writer's unique style, what I like to call their "main writing domain." However, whatever they draw, all writers have their own style. Just like artists who draw and paint, each kid writer has a wild imagination of their own, that can never be matched up to any other.

I kind of like kid writers more than adult writers. They've still got their muchness- a term used in Alice in Wonderland to describe child-like wonder and imagination. They're the future generation of the world, and they already have crazy experiences. More ideas come to them than adults, because they have less walls of limitations around them.

As for me? I'm a poet. I love poetry in its essence, and everything about it. Writing a story is wonderful, but poetry is obscure- like a little building you've built yourself, with an exterior of so many different things, but an interior of so much more. Each poet writes differently. About different things, using different rhetorical devices, different types of poetry, and more. Poetry is special to us, because we're taking our emotions, like paint, and throwing them at a canvas in a form of words. Poetry is where our emotional side and our thinking side fuse together, in the right way. We may not all be the best poets, but we've got passion and skill in our favor, as well as our amazing writer minds.

If you're a writer, what do you write about? I'd love to read your writing. Each writer is amazing.

Thank you for reading this, everyone! 

RACHEL OUT!

-Rachel~

~Take a trip down memory lane, tell me what you see. Go for a walk into your imagination, tell me what you'll be.~

Re: Writers.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Rachel!! I was so excited to see your username! I'm glad you are doing well. I like what you said about writers and totally agree!

What have you been up to?? 

I'm also excitred for the redesigned web site and hope it comes SOON! 

Hug!

new

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Hey Katie!!!! smiley It's great to see you too!

As for what I've been up to, it's mainly been some hard schoolwork, but other than that, I'm reading A Series of Unfortunate Events, I tried to read Divergent, and I've been writing a LOT. 

Perhaps some new writing is coming to the boards soon... :D

I wonder what the boards will look like on the resdesigned website... but it already looks utterly fabulous. laugh

I'll try and be around on the STACKS more often! heart

-Rachel~

~Take a trip down memory lane, tell me what you see. Go for a walk into your imagination, tell me what you'll be.~

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi- I'm sorry it took me awhile to respond- I haven't been able to gert on the boards! You're reading some great books. I hope there's not TOO much schoolwork. :)

Great hearing from you!! Please visit again!

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team