General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 Writing Prompt #7
regular_contributor

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:08 am
Greetings fellow writers! :D I can't wait to see your responses to the last prompt on the Novel General Discussion board! I don't know about you guys but I am PSYCHED that it is December. The holidays are a'coming! For writing prompt number eight, check over on the memoir board for a seasonal prompt. :)

In the mean time...

Writing Prompt #7

What is writing?

This question doesn't have one correct answer, but what is writing to you?

And EVEN THOUGH...we are on the journalism board so essay-type responses would be prefered, feel free to respond to this question in whatever form suits you (i.e. poem, memoir, short story). Although, it might challenge yourself trying to make an article out of it. Good practice for if any of you ever go into journalism.

I feel like I'm wandering off a bit so...

This is where this post ends.

Only not really.

Cause I gotta put my name. :P

TOODLES!

- Allie

Re: Writing Prompt #7
rookie_visitor

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 pm
To me writti.g is a way to express myself I'm usually quiet but the writing speaks for me anything can happen when you write witch is another reason I love it. It can end anywhere actually so to me writting is a way to express my self and let my imagination run free

new

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 pm
Writing to me is alot of things. I love to write. Writing is a way to express yourself and to tell stories. I'm always the quiet one sitting in the back of the class so I don't talk to much. The only way I have to express myself is writing. When I'm writing I feel free and that I can write anything I want. Thats what writing is to me. -Kate

new

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:50 am
For me writng is a beautiful world where only I can go and where there is things and people that don't exist....and is WRITTEN by ME!!!! For me writing is the only place where people from my class dat i don't even know would come and follow me in my heels like minions...no offense but I'm popular in school cause first1.I m a song-writer2.my WHOLE family is talented.3.I write songs,stories,poems,and can make 5 friends in 3 minutes. For me writing is something and somewhere where I can do ANYTHING...I can dance like nobodys seeing...I can sing like nobody hearing...And i can live like heavan is on earth.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 am
Writing is putting my thoughts on paper.Then they just go wild and I could turn it into a story if you understand what I'm saying!

new

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:33 pm
to me, writing is a fun way 2 express yourself and not be afraid 2 be yourself

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team