Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Xena's World
regular_contributor

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:01 pm
I couldn't think of anything else, so here's the first two paragraphs. Tell me what you think.

There aren’t that many adjectives that begin with ‘X’, and there’s even fewer that can be used to insult people. That’s why they called her ‘Zany Xena’. “Close enough.” they always said. Everybody called her that. Except for me.

Nobody wanted to be friends with Zany Xena. She was a bit strange, and always in her own world. Nobody stood up for Zany Xena. Nobody thought that maybe, just maybe, she wasn’t quite as zany as she seemed. Except for me. I thought that, but I kept it to myself. I didn’t want to be known for the rest of my time at Pine View Middle and High School as ‘Zany Xena’s friend’. So I kept these thoughts to myself and didn’t stand up for her either.

Re: Xena's World
contributor

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:19 am
Needs some improvement, but I like it. It's a very relatable situation you're putting your main character in. And I love the name Xena (Xena, Warrior Princess is one of my favorite shows). If you tried making this longer by adding more detail, it would be perfect.

As a last minute thought, why did you decide to use the name Xena?

Best,

Charmfairy

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team