Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 Years of Hermione- A Fanfic in the View of Hermione Granger
new

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:08 am

This is a story about Hermione in her first year of Hogwarts, and what happened to her the summer before Hogwarts. Enjoy!

Chapter 1- A Rude Awakening

On the midnight of July 30th, a storm was crashing through Berry Lane and elsewhere in a small, ordinary Muggle town in London, England. Rain poured down from the clouds, drenching all the trees, roofs, and grounds. Thunder clapped like a loud echo through the grey clouds. Every few minutes, a streak of lightning would fly down from the sky. However, in such an ordinary town with a somewhat strange storm, there was a girl in a house at the end of Berry Lane who was actually quite extrodinary. She did not know it yet, nor did she know why the storm was there, but her ancestors were witches and wizards. This one extrodinary girl, Hermione Granger, was sleeping peacefully in her bedroom, not a know in the word what was happening. 

No creature was outside, but she thought she heard a few hoots in the foggy air as she tried to sleep. She wasn't dreaming; A real owl was waiting outside, flapping his wings as hard as he could in the rain, trying to get to the small house at the end of Berry Lane. He was there to deliver something very special to an eleven-year-old Muggle-born girl in that one house. As he got closer, the rain pored harder, and a few lights went out. Hermione was close to waking up, yet still fast asleep. The owl finally ready the window, and attempted to lift it open with his beak, which created a long banging noise inside the bedroom.

Hermione sleepily opened her eyes, and saw a blurry figure through all the rain trying to get into her bedroom. She drowsily pulled off her covers and got out of bed, trying to get closer to the window to see what it was. She opened the window slightly, and heard something like an owl's call. That seems strange, she thought as she pulled it open more. The owl raced into her room, and landed on her coathanger with a letter. She closed the window, and walked slowly to the owl with the letter clutched in its beak. Who would send mail by an owl? Hermione thought as she walked to her coathanger. The owl gave a tiny hoot and clicked his beak as she took the letter gentely from him.

As she took the letter, her eyes widened when she saw that the address was very detailed on where she was. How is it they know exactly where I am? What crest is this for? Who sent it?  Hermione's thoughts raced as she opened the letter, and brought out the note inside. 

Dear Miss Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. 

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st. 

Yours sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Hermione gave a tiny shriek of joy and confusion of what she recieved, careful not to wake her parents. She was excited to attend the school, but she hoped her parents knew. But her parents hadn't enrolled her in a middle school or teen boarding school, looking back. She stroked the owl happily and opened the window again so the owl could fly out. The owl hooted affectionately and flew out the window. She then closed it, and put her acceptance letter on her bedside table. 

She threw herself back onto her bed, and tried to sleep the best she could, trying to get over her glee.

Hermione could hardly sleep that night. She had too many thoughts in her head about the letter, the owl, and what it meant. Even though it had been raining for a day and a half, the 31st seemed quite clear with sunshine. When Hermione awoke from only a few hours' sleep, she sat up and looked out the window, only to see sunlight streaming through the blinds, and to hear birds chirping merrily. "About time we got proper summer weather," she muttered, getting up out of bed. She could hear the clink of plates downstairs, which meant her parents were up.

She put on her slippers and nightrobe, and stopped only to get her letter from Hogwarts, and raced downstairs with the letter. She couldn't wait to know wether they had heard about it or not, or to just tell them in the first place. Her mind was racing with questions; Where do I get the school supplies? Where is Hogwarts? How do I get there? What do I need to go there? Will I have fun there? Will I learn a lot? I hope I learn a lot!  She wanted to know as much about the Wizarding World as she could before her first day. She was rereading the letter as she went downstairs, and then she found the list. She then raced back up to her room to read it.

That's all for now! Please reply, I worked for an hour on the first chapter. Hope you liked it!

♥♥♥ Catgymnastics173 ♥♥♥

Re: Years of Hermione- A Fanfic in the View of Hermione Gran
new

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:33 am

that was AWESOME!!!

new

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:29 am
I totally agree with mysteryart. Please write more!!!!!

regular_contributor

Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:38 pm

cool story, I like it

new

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:50 am

Hi! I'm writing a story about Hermione, too! My story is about Hermione's life entirely before Hogwarts. I wish you the best of luck on your story!!!!!

Peace, love and books from angelbeliever89!

new

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 am

That's so good!!!!!!! I love how it's in Hermione's prospective!!! She is my fav character!

new

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 am

That's so good!!!!!!! I love how it's in Hermione's prospective!!! She is my fav character!

regular_contributor

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:23 pm

@musicsmart: she's my fave character too.

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team