Save the Planet!

Announcements

Hi Everyone! Welcome to SAVE THE PLANET! Message Board — Talk about the environment, ask questions, share tips, and learn about what it means to be GREEN!

If you're visiting from the Save the Gorillas Board, welcome! This is your new place to share your ideas about saving the gorillas and other endangered species.

My name is Jessica, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about helping the environment. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help to keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 49 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Your kidding me
frequent_vsitor

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 pm
You guys really think global warming is real? how about taken a look at florida ya theres SNOW there sure isnt WARMING happening there!!

Re: Your kidding me
regular_contributor

Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:58 pm
I am pretty sure its not called Global Warming anymore, its something like Climate Change because its not heating up everywhere.

regular_contributor

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:56 pm
I see where you may think that, but really snow there is even a more sign of Global Warming. Now before you click off this and think I'm crazy, please read the rest of this. You see with more warming, that means more evaporation which means more water vapor in the air. And that water vapor can travel, and because of the current stage the earth is naturally in at the moment, all of that water vapor that was evaporated by the warming, becomes snow. Does that make sense too you?????? It's a bit confusing but it's true.

~Corn dog flower

contributor

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:48 pm
It happens slowly.

visitor

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 pm
YES global warming is real! and its a problem!!!!!!!!!! all the ice in Antarcita is melting!!!! U like penguins right???i mean it is in ur screen name... Well, penguins need ice to protect them from preditors! if the ice is melting think of all the penguins out there... having to outrun sea lions and sharks and who knows what else!!!! thats why we are doing what we can! saving water, recycling, etc. I know u dont think its that big of a deal but it is!!!!!!! this is happening! snow will happen occasionally in Florida, i mean, come on! its one of the coldest winters we've experienced. but it seems so cold to us because its been so hot over the summer! So, hope i changed ur mind... hope i didnt make u mad... i can really get into stuff...
random noodle.

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 01-24-2011 12:25 PM

regular_contributor

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 pm
Are you kidding? Global warming exists! Take a look at the North Pole. It's WARMING up.

regular_contributor

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Personally, I think worrying about global warming is a waste of time. The average tempature of the earth has gone up 1 degree in 200 years, so everyone starts worrying. Wheres the proof of global warming? Thats my opinion.

contributor

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:44 pm
@stars shine: Proof? The North Pole is melting greatly, which is unnatural compared to the past 10 years.

frequent_vsitor

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:21 pm

_Mysterysolver534_ wrote:
Are you kidding? Global warming exists! Take a look at the North Pole. It's WARMING up.

Really well there actually is this thing called this happened to the world before its happening again. Oh and the penguins will be fine im sure of it i love them and well theyve been through it this long and oh ya GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 01-25-2011 12:25 PM

regular_visitor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 pm
i think global warming is fake

regular_visitor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:17 pm
told ya lolz

regular_contributor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:16 pm
Guess what! Pengys in the North Pole need cold to live. If the snow melts and the ice melts, the penguins will be forced somewhere warmer. and when that happens, bye bye penguins

Not only that, but polar bears, seals, ect. need the cold from the NP snow and ice to live. Did you ever wonder why penguins, seals, polar bears, ect. are endangered? THE SNOW IS MELTING SO DON'T TELL ME GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX!

frequent_vsitor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:49 pm
Global Warming is REAL
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regular_contributor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 pm

_TheAvidReader_ wrote:
@stars shine: Proof? The North Pole is melting greatly, which is unnatural compared to the past 10 years.

That doesn't mean the whole earth is gonna suffer O.o

frequent_vsitor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:37 pm

_RandomNoodle_ wrote:
YES global warming is real! and its a problem!!!!!!!!!! all the ice in Antarcita is melting!!!! U like penguins right???i mean it is in ur screen name... Well, penguins need ice to protect them from preditors! if the ice is melting think of all the penguins out there... having to outrun sea lions and sharks and who knows what else!!!! thats why we are doing what we can! saving water, recycling, etc. I know u dont think its that big of a deal but it is!!!!!!! this is happening! snow will happen occasionally in Florida, i mean, come on! its one of the coldest winters we've experienced. but it seems so cold to us because its been so hot over the summer! So, hope i changed ur mind... hope i didnt make u mad... i can really get into stuff...
random noodle.

YES I LOVE PENGUINS BUT SERIOUSLY THE WORLD HAS BEEN DOING THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN I MEAN HELLO THEYVE LIVED THIS LONG THEY WILL LIVE LONGER THIS IS THE EARTHS NATURAL CYCLE LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX MADE UP BY A CONFUSED MAN

contributor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 pm
@Popcorn3penguin: Fine? Their home is melting, getting smaller. They'll have competition for food. The food pyramid will be unbalanced. It will maybe take a few extinctions to get it balanced... Somehow.

regular_visitor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:12 pm
global warming is a hoax

frequent_contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm
Ahem. Not only is some parts of the Earth warming up, but some are getting COLDER. If you haven't noticed- OUR WINTERS ARE GETTING COLDER. Just so you understand. And when there's more snow, some crops in some places won't do so well. When it snows in July, don't come cryin' to me!

contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 pm
GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT A HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE POLLUTING OUR EARTH AND WE NEED TO STOOP IT, NOW!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S WITH ME??????????????

And, by the way, yeah, it still snows with global warming. Because we are not facing the sun during winter.

Bye-bye,
Galeprimrue
(!)

contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 pm

_stars shine_ wrote:

_TheAvidReader_ wrote:

That doesn't mean the whole earth is gonna suffer O.o

Well, sorry to rain on your parade, but it does. Because of all of the ice melting, sealevel could raise 4-20 feet is global warming keeps getting worse!

Bye-bye,
Galeprimrue
(:P)

contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:47 pm

_Popcorn3penguin_ wrote:

_RandomNoodle_ wrote:

random noodle.

YES I LOVE PENGUINS BUT SERIOUSLY THE WORLD HAS BEEN DOING THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN I MEAN HELLO THEYVE LIVED THIS LONG THEY WILL LIVE LONGER THIS IS THE EARTHS NATURAL CYCLE LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX MADE UP BY A CONFUSED MAN

No, Global Warming is NOT fake!!!!!!!!! They lived this long because CARS HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND TOO LONG!

Bye-bye,
Galeprimrue
(Who belives that if we don't do something about global warming, our planet will be destroyed. How'd you like living on Mars?)

contributor

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 am
OMg u have got to be kidding me. Global warming is caused by too much co2 in the atmosphere. That can cause warming which it is causing. Glaciers are melting rapidly and sea levels are rising. I can also explain he snow. Wig the cange in tempatures it caused extream climat change. That causes both shifts in heat and cold. So normally there wouldn't be snow in florid but climat change can cause harsher winters and hoter summers. Ok if you don't believe me watch the movie called the inconvenient truth. It opened my eyes. It is real hut you can think whatever you want. Just we get to say I told you so when Greenland melts and NYC is under water. (Jk lol I'm joking with u. I'm not trying to be rude. But that could actualy happen and will).

contributor

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:55 pm
Um, yeah.. You just proved the point that Global Warming DOES exist! Because the Polar Caps are MELTING and that allows the Arctic Air Flow to reach southern hemispheres....

[ 49 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team