Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  

Will this be a helpful series?
Poll ended at Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:09 pm
Yes. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have yet to join one of your role-plays. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have yet to see one of your role-plays. 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1
 Your Official Guide to my Role-Plays.
new

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm starting this new series.

You can request a role-play if you'd like for me to provide you with a thorough guidebook to how to get your character submitted. //And yes, I will. You just will need not to let anyone over on the actual role-play know it exists unless telling them to search the Buzz Board for something which would be very useful to them. <-- The Rules of this series. This entire paragraph is the official rules for and of this series. Don't break the rules.//

In this first installment, which covers any and all of my current role-plays, we are going to be discussing a general overview of this and that.

Character Pet Peeves;

1. Mary Sues/Gary Stus. They are not perfect. Make them realistic please.

2. What's the word I can use here that won't enleash flames? Ah, I know. Overpowered characters. Your characters are no.... deity. So knock off the overpowered characters. 

3. The stereotypical blonde haired blue eyed character which is stereotyped as pretty, kind, you know the rest. 

4. Characters which are not thorough enough. This explains why certain portions are left out. If you want a thorough personality section, use synonyms. I don't care as long as they pretty much fill in the blanks and are even. Just don't pick two contrasting traits whatever you do. 

5. Characters which are thought out that are not done well. You have the idea for them; however, you cannot bring them to their full potential. This is why I critique/review your forms. It allows you to grow and blossom into grand role-playing character makers. 

Other things which is irritating include //in no order whatsoever//;

1. An unbalanced personality section

2. Undescriptive sections which leave me with more questions. 

3. Sections which you just left blank. 

4. Not following the directions. //If there are phrases which you need to list, I will give you some credit for trying to list them all.//

5. When the Academic/Elective portion is not up to the actual number of traits. 

In other words don't do the above. I don't care if you reply with a billion questions. It's better than leaving me with that headache. 

Also, never do those ten. 

What to do instead;

1. Give them Flaws.

2. Give their powers restrictions and limitations. No one can heal every wound. Wounds too deep can kill. 

3. Give them a reasonable hair color and eye color with more than just that. //If you say they have the best singing voice then I'm going to need to take a break. Don't do that either.//

4. Fill out every blank. I don't care if you fill the personality trait sections with synonyms. Just dont use any text lingo. N/A, or actually typing out To Be Announced are fine with me. 

5. Hopefully my critiques/reviews guide you to that path. 

6. Fill with synonyms.

7. Describe. Elaborate. Just don't feed me walls of text. //I read that, the Moderator reads that. You are not writing a book. I will excuse your novel-in-the-making if it is a role-play example; showing me how you write and role-play.//

8. Fill in every section. 

9. Follow the directions.

10. Fill in with the appropriate number of electives/academics and whatnot. 

-*Zirconia

Re: Your Official Guide to my Role-Plays.
regular_contributor

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Oh, very informative! I actually think your requests/rules are reasonable. so thanks for letting us know :D You also seem to be always putting a lot of time and effort in your RPs, which is to your honor *bows then fades away into darkness again*

new

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:07 pm

//@hippolyte/Hippolyte/Anna; You're welcome. Thanks. I actually happen to research and search around; therefore, I do put a lot of effort and time into my roleplays.//

//For anyone wondering, if you are having difficulty creating characters for my roleplays or getting certain areas of the forms accepted, this thread is where to go. You can request a guide for them here.//

-*Zirconia

new

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:08 pm

//If any of you have thought of creating a character for my Rotchester Academy RP, and you are having difficulty with anything character creating wise, course selecting wise, or even answering character form wise, reply to this thread with what you need. You'll have a guide on what you need sometime soon, hopefully.//

-*Zirconia

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team